Author Topic: 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot - "The Skins" [EU] - Price did it again  (Read 28694 times)

Offline 27th Inniskilling

• Chriseh1978b
  • Private
  • Official account of the 27th Regiment of Foot.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: "The Skins"
  • Side: Neutral

After being asked by a lot of members of the community to reform the 18e Chriseh decided it was time for one last hurrah, so he formed the 27th consisting of a lot of former 18e core players and a lot of other known faces to the community. With the upcoming revival of tournaments for NW hoping to spark some life into the game, it seems like a good time to get involved once more. Even though we consist of a lot of veterans, the 27th is still welcoming new blood to our ranks who seek a friendly community and are willing to improve in the game. The 27th is a competitive regiment with some casual thrown in to keep it fresh. We are trying to have a relaxed and friendly atmosphere while still keeping an professional attitude.

27th Inniskilling at the Battle of Alexandria. (1801)

The regiment was raised as local militia at Enniskillen by Colonel Zachariah Tiffin as Zacharaiah Tiffin's Regiment of Foot in June 1689, to fight against James II in the Williamite War in Ireland. The regiment served successfully, most notably at the Battle of Newtownbutler in July 1689, and it gained a place on the English establishment in 1690 as a regular infantry regiment. As such it then fought at the Battle of the Boyne in July 1690, at the Battle of Aughrim in July 1691and at the Siege of Limerick in August 1691. A contingent from the regiment took part in the Siege of Namur in August 1695 during the Nine Years' War. The regiment was deployed to the West Indies in late 1739 but returned in December 1740. It formed part of the Government army sent to defeat the Jacobite rising of 1745, participating in the Battle of Falkirk in January 1746 and in the Battle of Culloden in April 1746. At this period they were commonly known as Blakeney's Regiment after the colonel-in-chief. In 1751, the regiment was formally titled the 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot. In 1756 the regiment departed for Canada and fought against the French at the Battle of Carillon in July 1758 and the Battle of Ticonderoga in July 1759 during the Seven Years' War. It then took part in the Invasion of Martinique in January 1762 and the capture of Grenada in February 1762. It also took part in the Battle of Havana in June 1762 during the Anglo-Spanish War the regiment suffered heavy losses and was evacuated to New York. In August 1767 the regiment returned to Ireland.

The 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot that fought at Waterloo, some 747 officers and men, was a regiment with a strong family tradition and recruited largely in Ireland. In fact they were the only Irish infantry regiment to be present at Waterloo. Brothers served with brothers and cousins, sons followed fathers. Most of the ordinary soldiers were Roman Catholics and a considerable number were Irish speaking. The average soldier of those days was small by modern standards. Today, the surviving uniforms look as though they were made for boys rather than grown men! The average height seems to have been about 5 foot 5 inches. These men would have been tough and fit they marched long distances, they carried a heavy musket and ammunition, a pack and rations. They wore newly designed headgear, issued in 1812, called the Belgic shako. It was made of leather or felt, had the regimental badge in front, a peak at the crest and a feather or plume at the side.

The 1st Battalion entered the Peninsular War in November 1812 and participated in the Battle of Castalla and the Siege of Tarragona, both in 1813. The 2nd Battalion landed in Spain in December 1812 and fought brilliantly at Castalla on 13 April 1813. While formed in a two-deep line, the unit inflicted 369 killed and wounded on the French 121st Line Infantry Regiment in a few minutes. In the same action, the entire brigade only lost 70 casualties. On 13 September 1813, the French surprised and cut the 2nd Battalion to pieces at the Battle of Ordal. In this action, the 2nd27th lost over 360 men killed, wounded, and captured.

The 3rd Battalion disembarked in Lisbon in November 1808. It became part of Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington's army and fought at many of the key battles including Badajoz in March 1812, Salamanca in July 1812, Vitoria in June 1813 and the Pyrenees in July 1813 before pursuing the French Army into France and fighting them at Nivelle in November 1813, Orthez in February 1814 and Toulouse in April 1814. The 3rd Battalion belonged to Cole's 4th Division throughout the war. At the Battle of Sorauren (Pyrenees), the 3rd27th lost two officers and 41 men killed, nine officers and 195 men wounded, and seven men were taken, prisoner. At Toulouse, the unit lost two officers and 23 men killed, and five officers and 76 men wounded. The 1st Battalion went on to fight at the Battle of Waterloo as part of John Lambert's 10th Brigade in the 6th Division. At about 630 PM, the French captured the key strongpoint of La Haye Sainte farm. After this success, they brought up several cannons and took the Anglo-Allied lines under fire at extremely close range. At this period, the 698-strong battalion was deployed in a square at the point where the Ohain road crossed the Charleroi to Brussels highway. At a range of 300 yards (270 m), the French artillery caused the unit enormous casualties within a short time. At day's end, the 3rd Battalion had lost 105 killed and 373 wounded, a total of 478 casualties, without breaking. The unit was described as lying dead in a square. At the time of Waterloo, the soldiers of the 27th were dressed in red, short-tailed jackets, overall trousers, and a high-fronted shako. The facing colour was buff and it was displayed on the collar, cuffs, and shoulder-straps. The lace on the cuffs and jackets had square-ended loops.

27th Inniskilling in square formation at the Battle of Waterloo. (1815)

Uniforms of the 27th Regiment of Foot.

Commissioned Officers

Colonel [Col]
Lieutenant Colonel [LtCol]
Major [Maj]
Captain [Capt]
Lieutenant [Lt]
Ensign [Ens]

Non-Commissioned Officers

Serjeant Major [SjtMaj]
Colour Serjeant [CSjt]
Serjeant [Sjt]
Corporal [Cpl]

Enlisted

Lance Corporal [LCpl]
Grenadier [Gren]
Kingsman [Kgm]
Private [Pte]
Recruit [Rec]

THREAD DESIGN BY SHADEY | TEXT BY HUNTER | RANK ICONS BY LEWK
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 08:49:47 pm by John Price »

• Chriseh1978b
  • Private
    • View Profile
Re: 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot (EU)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 02:35:41 am »

Centre Company

Commissioned Officers

Lieutenant Colonel. John Price [Chriseh]

Captain. John Miller [Pluto]

Ensign. Mungo McDonald [Peppe]

Non-Commissioned Officers

Colour Serjeant. Lucas Caldwell [Midnight]

Serjeant. Adam Fraser [Hunter]

Enlisted

Lance Corporal. Aaron Fraser [Shadey]
Lance Corporal. Barnaby Curtis [Herishey]
Lance Corporal. George Goldfield [Golden]

Kingsman. George Water [Water]
Kingsman. Daniel Young [Faisan]
Kingsman. Emilia Love [Coco Ayala]
Kingsman. Lewis Love [Nock]

Private. Will Munro [BabyG]
Private. Donald Trump [Domba]
Private. Jerome Motte [Fwuffy]
Private. James Price [iSneezer]
Private. Charlie Black [Smallest]
Private. Harry Rowe [Kracken]
Private. Jack Miller [Sleepy]
Private. Jordan Gibson [Gibby]
Private. James Pottu [Henrikson]
Private. John Fraser [Harris]
Private. Edwin Armstrong [Freedom]
Private. Firstname Lastname [KoZhiN]
Private. Samson Townsend [Varys]
Private. Barry Lyndon [Bluemoon]
Private. James Fraser [Movement]
Private. Edward Newgate [Beria]
Private. Chris Tennant [StarForgeTrooper]
Private. Malcom Mackenzie [Knightmare]
Private. Destiny Duncan [Alucard]
Private. Henri Durand [Hellstaff]
Private. Booker DeWitt [DeWitt]
Private. James Munro  [James]
Private. Michael Redhead [Mikey]
Private. James Gordon [NickCole]
Private. John Campbell [Scottish]
Private. John Sanders [Sanders]
Private. William Lawrence [Ajax]
Private. David Curtis [MarxeiL]

Recruits

Recruit. Fox Mulder [Artista]
Recruit. Bert Lee [Bertman]
Recruit. Fredrick Marshall [Godfreid]
Recruit. Firstname Lastname [Raidian]
Recruit. Hugh Mungus [Bohl]
Recruit. Cameron Mackintosh [Chazzzo]
Recruit. Dominic Curtis [Domi]
Recruit. James Rowe [HazaFTW]
Recruit. Jimmy Rollack [Rapod]
Recruit. Elliot Rodger [Livescreaming]
Recruit. John Butler [Wolfxe]
Recruit. John Johnson [Jonnyboy]
Recruit. Matthew Leslie [Hepty]
Recruit. Michael Gambon [Burger]
Recruit. Winston Morgan [Wazza]
Recruit. Michel Simon [TheDead]
Recruit. John Rice [Tigere]
Recruit. Firstname Lastname [Ivan]
Recruit. Walter FitzAlen [Lewk]
Recruit. Jacob Goodswill [Cube]
Recruit. Philip Campbell [Crowley]
Recruit. Mark Frankie [Frankie]
Recruit. Connor Proxy [Archangel]
Recruit. Alistair Gordon [Laurens]
Recruit. William Douglass [Ragnar]
Recruit. Firstname Lastname [Hiex]
Recruit. Theodore Hoffman [Lost]
Recruit. Alan Caswell [Leaf]
Recruit. Lawrence Hemmings [Lawrence]

Officers: 03
Non-Commissioned Officers: 02
Enlisted: 35
Recruits: 29
Total Strength: 69

« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 08:44:35 pm by 27th Inniskilling »

• Chriseh1978b
  • Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 02:35:54 am »

GROUPFIGHTS

Opponent   

2Lr
96y

Date   

Result   

15 - 00
15 - 07

LINEBATTLES

Opponent   

Regiment
Regiment
Regiment
Regiment
Regiment

Date   

Result   

00 - 00
00 - 00
00 - 00
00 - 00
00 - 00

Wins: 02
Draws: 00
Losses: 00

SCREENSHOTS     

Double ranks with the 33rd at the 92nd line only event. First event as the 27th.
(05.10.2020)
[close]

[close]

RECORDINGS     

1v1 versus the Infanterie Regiment Nr13.
(11.10.2020)
[close]

1v1 versus the 2. Leib Regiment.
(09.10.2020)
[close]

[close]

Chriseh  |  Shadey  |  Faisan

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 02:37:14 pm by 27th Inniskilling »

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 02:39:10 am »
reserved

Online Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 02:41:02 am »
holy shit

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 02:41:10 am »
HELLO NOT PERSON I KNOW
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 02:47:40 am »
Movement's back at it again bois!
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 02:48:35 am »
fuckin hell movement haven't u learnt ur lesson u sausage
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

David_Schrein

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 02:50:48 am »
 8) 8)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 02:52:54 am »
 :-X :-X

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 02:59:24 am »

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 03:02:28 am »

Information about the 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot

The 27th Regiment of Foot is the result of many NW veterans coming together for one last run. With the upcoming rivival or tournaments for NW hoping to spark some life into the game it seems like a good time to get back involved.

We both love and hate to see it
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 03:03:56 am »
its all lies this is a regiment ran by movement to take place whilst 28th are on break

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 03:04:42 am »
hey """""""""""movement""""""""""
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2020, 03:05:24 am »
another one