Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 33737 times)

Offline SirAlecks

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Discussion
« Reply #480 on: October 24, 2020, 10:38:01 pm »
Im only gonna say this; there are no broken classes on the game, they all have their advantages and disadvantages. If you say heavy is a broken class, it is because you dont know how to play against them. (some people already showed this point in the "league / tournament") and tbh, i dont really care if Poland plays hussar or heavy.

No one claimed heavies are broken, that's another discussion.
This is a discussion of heavies being unhealthy in the game, because their current meta is making matches take 3 hours+ which just ruins the fun for everyone involved.

The current meta is either circling around points of reference or running away in bulk, heavies have NOTHING to do with the meta, they're forced to play like that because almost every hussar mentality is "delay everything until I've got a 99% safe attack".
Anyone crying because they dont wanna fight in ur terms is honestly quite pathetic. I don't see any of the other curassier regiments complaining in the past about lights delaying games for ages but now this is being turned against them? lmfao

It wasnt treehugging, no their problem if you dont know how to play "good" against heavies.

Well so circling around the tree is a good tactic? Well we obv know how to play against heavies. But riding next to a tree is not really skillful lmao

Anyways gg and thanks for the game 5to wish you good luck for the future matches

And chasing you down and fighting where you want and when you want is? We could've chosen much much worse places on that map and yet you're complaining about a point of reference taken EXCLUSIVELY to guide our circle, y'all had PLENTY of space to maneuver and no1, not even a single infantry was close to any of the tree for the entirety of the match, come on dude, you can do better than that.

And sorry, but if you're whining about a single tree you don't really know how to, specially judging by the fact that we almost went to tiebreaker whilst having 2 less people for half the game. So please.
thanks, gg and you too.

Offline Jesu04

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 24, 2020, 10:42:30 pm »
It wasnt treehugging, no their problem if you dont know how to play "good" against heavies.

Well so circling around the tree is a good tactic? Well we obv know how to play against heavies. But riding next to a tree is not really skillful lmao

Anyways gg and thanks for the game 5to wish you good luck for the future matches
Talk about skill to this players

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #482 on: October 24, 2020, 11:01:35 pm »
I don't see any of the other curassier regiments complaining in the past about lights delaying games for ages

Of course they did. Read page 23 for example.

not even a single infantry was close to any of the tree for the entirety of the match, come on dude, you can do better than that.

Treehugging was called one time by the Referee and even after that you kept switching horses directly at the tree.

Btw why so salty? And why talking about "Meta"? If we played according to the Meta, it would have been a 4h Match like last week. THAT was Meta.

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #483 on: October 24, 2020, 11:10:08 pm »
Why are there even trees on this map?

Offline Termito

• First Lieutenant
  • KRH | 92nd | 1ยบ Reg Mexican member
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Termito
« Reply #484 on: October 24, 2020, 11:15:05 pm »
Why are there even trees on this map?
i complained about it before any match was played.

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #485 on: October 24, 2020, 11:16:35 pm »
I don't see any of the other curassier regiments complaining in the past about lights delaying games for ages

not even a single infantry was close to any of the tree for the entirety of the match, come on dude, you can do better than that.

a message on 33 pages? Wait, are you kidding me?

Treehugging was called one time by the Referee and even after that you kept switching horses directly at the tree.

Btw why so salty? And why talking about "Meta"? If we played according to the Meta, it would have been a 4h Match like last week. THAT was Meta.

a message on 33 pages? Wait, are you kidding us? Moreover it is not a complaint but a suggestion and a "gg" for the other team.

I fully understand the attitude of the 5to. Unfortunately we don't have flags to help us find our way on the map because of the script. So HC use a tree. They play around it but we never hug it.

you tire me out with your incessant complaints. It is not as if you deserve to be treated like a good regiment when the 5to stood up to you with two men less and the 1erHuss crushed you. Luckily for you, you got the points thanks to an absurd rule. rule that you didn't even want to discuss. Proof of your incredible fair play.
Now that you have no more matches against cuirassiers I hope I won't hear you again because for the moment, those who are the saltiest are you
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 24, 2020, 11:23:47 pm »
a message on 33 pages? Wait, are you kidding us? Moreover it is not a complaint but a suggestion and a "gg" for the other team.

During the match, there were situations in which the hussars didn't even attempt to attack.

I was referring to this.

the 1erHuss crushed you.

4-6 means we got crushed? So 5to got crushed too because they lost 4-6?  ::)

Offline SirAlecks

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 24, 2020, 11:24:46 pm »

Of course they did. Read page 23 for example.

I'm 100% certain Treehugging was NEVER called in this game. And judging by the fact that you can't read my statements kind proves the point. I specifically stated (IN THE PAST) meaning both previous tourneys aswell as years ago.
Then again, I've read page 23 and I somewhat agree (though no entirely) with the complain there, its pretty much what I stated before, there's no way you can change this module mentality when it comes to delaying and no rule is going to change that, not having any objective to fight for or no time limit means that everyone is going to try and abuse their edge, lights with speed and deciding when to engage, and heavies with tactics and coordination. There's a reason as to why there's no competitive games without either one of time/objective or a way to encourage fighting and why in my honest opinion the cav scene in this module is extremely lacking and boring.

If you think I'm salty in any shape or form when I couldn't really care less about the results of a tourney we're playing with half the roster being made up by exclusively infantry players that have little to no experience as cav you really didn't understood my perspective. I just wanted to point out how hilarious this "discussion" was when y'all should be paying attention to ways of improving the experience, rather than "pointing fingers" at what you think is broken or not.

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #488 on: October 24, 2020, 11:30:05 pm »

During the match, there were situations in which the hussars didn't even attempt to attack.

I was referring to this.

the 1erHuss crushed you.

The 5to was fighting at 10 against 12. The 1er Huss fought in perfect balance. So I deduce that with perfect balance, the 5to won or drew.

For the rest, I rather agree with you @SirAlecks: finding a goal or a time limit is crucial for competitive events. This is something that could unblock some very boring situations.
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 25, 2020, 12:01:43 am »
This discussion is pretty useless at this point, considering it's right after the Match. And it's always the same dispute over heavies vs hussars, i don't think we need to continue that for the 19th time or whatever. Btw i didn't even read the novels after my last post because the consequences would be the same useless discussion again and again and again and again and again and again.

Offline Thyrell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BNL_Dyson30x_Ciiges
« Reply #490 on: October 25, 2020, 12:03:05 am »

I was referring to this.

the 1erHuss crushed you.

The 5to was fighting at 10 against 12. The 1er Huss fought in perfect balance. So I deduce that with perfect balance, the 5to won or drew.

For the rest, I rather agree with you @SirAlecks: finding a goal or a time limit is crucial for competitive events. This is something that could unblock some very boring situations.

They had less players for 3 rounds, nontheless it is in the rules that they need to balance to 12 players if a tier 2 meets a tier 1 in a match. If they cannot get/maintain enough members it ain't our fault

Also while we did play quite terrible, we saw this match as an opportunity to allow everyone of the Nr4 to play and since we had a 20 man attendance we swapped a lot, if we had played like we do against the top regiments we would've had 2-3 more rounds at least.

Although I found the match a pain in the ass (not ment to be toxic), gg's
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:09:27 am by Thyrell »

Offline tomascadarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 25, 2020, 02:59:38 am »
laughable that circling round a tree would be an issue unless you somehow plan on being inside the circle, as if you would survive that anyway

plus i'd rather them be running round a tree than running to the map edge every 60 seconds
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 03:01:11 am by tomascadarn »
Tomas on his way to Fse!
Spoiler
[close]

Offline SirAlecks

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 25, 2020, 03:09:51 am »
They had less players for 3 rounds, nontheless it is in the rules that they need to balance to 12 players if a tier 2 meets a tier 1 in a match. If they cannot get/maintain enough members it ain't our fault

Also while we did play quite terrible, we saw this match as an opportunity to allow everyone of the Nr4 to play and since we had a 20 man attendance we swapped a lot, if we had played like we do against the top regiments we would've had 2-3 more rounds at least.

Bro, why do some of y'all NW players feel the need to cap so much man. We were 10v12 since the 2-1 round finish all the way till 5-4, accounting for both dc's and people actually having to leave.
And as far as I remember you completely stopped switching "the less experienced" players completely when we brought it back to 3-3. Why is it such an issue that it was a close game regardless man? I've had matches were I've lost against far less experienced teams on Native and I don't feel the need to go making up excuses on the forums jeez.

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 25, 2020, 08:21:54 am »
And as far as I remember you completely stopped switching "the less experienced" players completely when we brought it back to 3-3.

We only played with the strongest line-up in the last round (5-4) because we didn't want to risk overtime. All the rounds before we switched Players and all of our 20 guys could play multiple rounds  :)

Offline Thyrell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BNL_Dyson30x_Ciiges
« Reply #494 on: October 25, 2020, 10:45:04 am »

Bro, why do some of y'all NW players feel the need to cap so much man. We were 10v12 since the 2-1 round finish all the way till 5-4, accounting for both dc's and people actually having to leave.
And as far as I remember you completely stopped switching "the less experienced" players completely when we brought it back to 3-3. Why is it such an issue that it was a close game regardless man? I've had matches were I've lost against far less experienced teams on Native and I don't feel the need to go making up excuses on the forums jeez.

Its not an excuse, its simply replying to both your and DragonKing's comment about the 5to not having perfect balance for 60% of the match which is simply not true

Also imagine calling it an excuse when I agree that we played shit