Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 33721 times)

Offline Chuckster

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Discussion
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2020, 04:57:54 pm »
All this speculative dribble , The admins need hard evidence proving your points not what you know to the best of your knowledge. Last night Feezy was caught red handed with this HP mod, now if you have any hard evidence approach myself or another admin.

Spoiler

[close]
how does this not prove the case?
Stop crying.

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2020, 04:58:36 pm »
All this speculative dribble , The admins need hard evidence proving your points not what you know to the best of your knowledge. Last night Feezy was caught red handed with this HP mod, now if you have any hard evidence approach myself or another admin.
Spoiler
[close]
Don't you think the similarity of UI is prove enough that it has been the same modification?
I don't think the author created a version with and without HP ;D

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline TxM

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e|TxM
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2020, 05:01:22 pm »
Fuck playing among us with all of you!

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2020, 05:02:01 pm »

Spoiler

[close]
how does this not prove the case?

I think everyone is aware that Feezy used his cheat against you. The evidence you offer is moreover convincing and irrefutable. Nevertheless, I am of the opinion that a double penalty should not be carried out against the 1erHuss who, for the moment, has more to fear from certain rules than from regiments. All the more so since, as Dokletian said, this match was already played in circumstances bordering on the anti-game.

On the other hand, I find it curious that some people who want to apply the rules to the end don't do so here. I'm not aiming at anyone of course but let's say that if we follow the reasoning the 2lr should also have an auto-win. Which I don't think would be right, of course
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Chuckster

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2020, 05:08:26 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Don't you think the similarity of UI is prove enough that it has been the same modification?
I don't think the author created a version with and without HP ;D
Its a texture pack. But if you want be very good install it and you will be able to do +100 kill for 0 death in match dw.  ;)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2020, 05:10:24 pm »
Yeah, agreed with Dragon. Consistency in decisions is important too. I don't think there is much doubt to be had on Feezy also using it in the match, you can see the mod is the same, we don't need to see the actual scoreboard to acknowledge he had access to it in that match too.

And just as Dragon pointed it out, applying the same ruling to the 2Lr vs 1erHuss match would be incredibly hurtful too yet again, it's either the rule works for everyone the same or they don't at all. It's a shitty situation, I think we can all agree on that and I don't see how you can get away with it (from an admin perspective) without either hurting one regiment (1er) or treating two others unfairly (Nr4 & 2Lr).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 05:14:28 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Mr_Sharkie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Sharks always win wars!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [7thHuss]Cpt.Sharkie
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2020, 05:14:48 pm »
I can completely agree on FeezY getting banned as using it was against the rules. But I just can't agree on any regiment getting an automatic loss from a mistake of one person. I'm pretty sure if he was using it with intent and knowing he was breaking the rules, I doubt he would of done a screenshot himself. I'd say the same thing if this case happend to any other regs.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 06:34:18 pm by Mr_Sharkie »
May the Shark be with you!

Offline Mr_Sharkie

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2020, 05:15:43 pm »
Also anyone find it funny that goodest seems to want the points more then felix, and that was the match it was proven he was cheating in xD

Offline Goodest

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2Lr_Hauptgefreiter_Goodest
« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2020, 05:19:30 pm »
Also anyone find it funny that goodest seems to want the points more then felix, and that was the match it was proven he was cheating in xD

I think I want the points as much as Felix wants to have them, he just didnt have to fight as hard for them because his case was obvious and I had to fight accusations of breaking rules ourselves and a screenshot proving feezy as guilty but without the nr4 screenshot to compare it to prob. not convincing enough for you (considering the previous responses to it before swissys post).

And besides, our match was even closer than nr4 match.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 05:21:19 pm by Goodest »

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2020, 05:23:15 pm »
But I just can't agree on any regiment getting an automatic loss from a mistake of one person.

You actually did by accepting the rules  :o

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2020, 05:24:44 pm »
I can completely agree on Freezy getting banned as using it was against the rules. But I just can't agree on any regiment getting an automatic loss from a mistake of one person. I'm pretty sure if he was using it with intent and knowing he was breaking the rules, I doubt he would of done a screenshot himself. I'd say the same thing if this case happend to any other regs.
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline Tylerus

• Second Lieutenant
  • 33rd Cavalry Company CO
    • View Profile
    • 33rd Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: 33rd_Cpt_Tylerus
« Reply #161 on: September 25, 2020, 05:25:10 pm »
Fuck playing among us with all of you!

Offline Chuckster

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2020, 05:25:13 pm »
I can completely agree on Freezy getting banned as using it was against the rules. But I just can't agree on any regiment getting an automatic loss from a mistake of one person. I'm pretty sure if he was using it with intent and knowing he was breaking the rules, I doubt he would of done a screenshot himself. I'd say the same thing if this case happend to any other regs.

Offline Mr_Sharkie

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2020, 05:26:45 pm »

I think I want the points as much as Felix wants to have them, he just didnt have to fight as hard for them because his case was obvious and I had to fight accusations of breaking rules ourselves and a screenshot proving feezy as guilty but without the nr4 screenshot to compare it to prob. not convincing enough for you (considering the previous responses to it before swissys post).

And besides, our match was even closer than nr4 match.

Yes... He really effects the outcome of the match xD

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2020, 05:29:38 pm »
An automatic loss is not what most people suggested as it would clearly be overkill but it's also putting a blind eye to the problem than saying the cheat was literally impactless in that match. I think we all agree it's more than likely nothing 'major' but even the slightest of advantage gained could have turned into something bigger in some of the rounds the 1er won. Where do you draw the line when it's all speculations and what not? Taking away one or two rounds in such a situation seems a fair middle-ground between doing nothing and giving a default win to your opponents. It's not the 'perfect' solution by any mean but it certainly seems like the fairest approach to me. Every decent middle-ground agreement I can come-up with always seem harsh towards the 1er no matter which way you look at it but that still not a reason for them not to be applied.

Remember we do not only look at the 1er's situation but also as a way to come-up with a ruling and follow-up punishments which would make sense if similar incidents were to happen again. Regardless of how this emotionally impacts you, try to take some perspective and think outside of the box.

PS: Also when it comes to the 2Lr's match, would be nice to know if Feenzy actually played at all cause screenshots of one round (with or without him on it) don't prove much. Logs could help in that case.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 05:32:59 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.