Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 34264 times)

Offline Thyrell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BNL_Dyson30x_Ciiges
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Discussion
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2020, 01:06:27 am »
There is a big difference between a rulebreak that only affects the rulebreaker, in this case doubleregging, and a rulebreak that affects the entire team (any cheat which can benefit your team).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 01:08:57 am by Thyrell »

Offline Iniskill

• Private
  • Yikes
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2020, 01:06:48 am »
No obviously not. It's forbidden by the rules and creates an unfair advantage for your team. I remember losing points over this issue aswell. (correct me if im wrong it was some time ago)
Ask for salt and salt you shall receive

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Board Moderator
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2020, 01:16:42 am »
No obviously not. It's forbidden by the rules and creates an unfair advantage for your regiment. I remember losing points over this issue aswell. (correct me if im wrong it was some time ago)

I did remove the Nr.4 a couple of points in previous CNWL seasons, mostly for individual cases of double-regging and bad behaviour.

I do agree however that this is no argument to bring here and now about this particular case. Using past affairs to judge a regiment isn't the right thing to do, especially not if this judgement changes the actual thing we're discussing in the first place.

The decision I'd stick to, but that's just my two cents, would be a player ban plus a round removal of 1 to 2 rounds. This would be a way to punish the cheating team (as Tardet rightfully explained, one cheating player can impact the whole team whether it wants it or not, I am not calling the 1er cheaters at all), without ruining a truly dominating result like 8-2 or over. In this particular situation the score is 6-4, so I assume it was a close game, in which cheating might have done an actual difference. A round removal as a punishment would change the score to a fairer result, like 5-5 or 4-6.

In any case it's a tough decision to make and we as a community should try and actually work towards finding a viable solution, because this might happen again and we need to be clear on what to do if or when it does.
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2020, 01:19:08 am »
No obviously not. It's forbidden by the rules and creates an unfair advantage for your regiment. I remember losing points over this issue aswell. (correct me if im wrong it was some time ago)

I am not calling the 1er cheaters at all

<3

Offline Termito

• First Lieutenant
  • KRH | 92nd | 1º Reg Mexican member
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Termito
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2020, 01:21:59 am »

Offline Andros

• Sergeant
  • ka fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2020, 01:27:31 am »
Watch out guys, You have been visited by Quinn the Crayon Crusader. He is here to purify the NW community in his righteous crusade. Who dare stand in his way?

Offline Termito

• First Lieutenant
  • KRH | 92nd | 1º Reg Mexican member
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Termito
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2020, 01:33:45 am »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2020, 01:35:39 am »

I am not calling the 1er cheaters at all

<3
Regardless of what opinion you may hold on the situation, I think it's at least fair to acknowledge that the 1er as a whole is a fantastic bunch of guys and that this incident should in no way tarnish - even so slightly - the reputation it took times to build.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline FreyrDS

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_HussBis_Cpt_FreyrDS
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2020, 01:37:46 am »

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Board Moderator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2020, 01:41:51 am »
I’m shooore

Will be serve

Offline stevve

• Captain
  • yeeeeeet
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2020, 01:42:14 am »
Before I go to bed, a little story from Stannis.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Cooper

• Donator
  • Panzer on a horse.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cooper/Cuprum
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2020, 01:45:44 am »
On a human level, it seems interesting to me that in these types of tournaments, people seem to always expect the worst intentions from others and act accordingly without so much as a second consideration of others actual intentions, or motivations. This assumptions then often seems to lead directly into conflict.
In my opinon, such conflicts can only be inhibited by reliable rules that are respected by most, as only then can most actually enjoy competing against each other.
In terms of the current status, I am somewhat torn.
I do not quite like continous rulechanges  or after a tournament has already started, as I think that this does not help to quell conflict in any way. I do however very much like Tardet suggestion to catch cheater - expanding this to even more players per team seems also possible in my eyes.
Retired Clanleader, Cavalry, Student

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2020, 02:29:54 am »
1. Players cheating in CCL

From what I can tell this is double reging. Yes, a rule break and from what I recall it was punished accordingly. Is this a major thing or anything substantial? No. Are we the first one to do it. No. Does this make it ok? No.

2. Felix being banned on your server for recruiting players.

It is my opinion that if you're unable to keep players in your regiment that's entirely your fault. Nobodys signing contracts. It's a game nobody is forced to stay in one group. You can't claim a moral high ground because someone enticed someone to play for them instead of you and you then out of childish rage banned them on your server. Not to mention that this is something everyone does at some point.

1. Yes, we know you are established rulebreakers, that is not in question

2. Of course this isn't close to the truth. What happened is Felix contacts a number of KGL players, saying the regiment is bad etc and they should join Nr4. The players do not leave, they tell us, we warn Felix, he does it again, we ban him, time passes, we unban him, he does it again, we ban him. Simple rat behaviour - nothing to with rage or forcing people to stay in one group. I wasn't the leader of the regiment, and not by far the angriest at his actions from the regiment. But then, the entire community knows that Felix is a rat so I'm wasting my time on this point.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline tomascadarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2020, 02:50:26 am »
I think we should all just be thankful that this controversy happened for two teams that won't be fighting for first place ;)
Tomas on his way to Fse!
Spoiler
[close]

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2020, 08:56:28 am »
Can't wait until people get modifications which they can switch on and off by a key, so they can take a normal screenshot for the ref :-X

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star