Author Topic: Mount Blade / NW tking and admins  (Read 2611 times)

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: go to hell i`m not in the mood
  • Side: Neutral
Mount Blade / NW tking and admins
« on: April 03, 2013, 10:37:17 pm »
Want too sure where to put this one, it isn't off topic random as it has a lot to do with mount and blade,  and as NW is the main game played on these forums i thought id put it here.

Okay, now everyone and i mean everyone, has a `little troll side` to them.
Dont deny it, everyone at some point has found it funny to kill teammates, whether its in single player in a meaningless game, or in a tdm with friends all in good spirit..   everyone has found it funny to teamkill at some point.

This game, is the game of games for trolling, there are hundreds maybe thousands of ways to do it, from repeatedly typing, to chanting, to building shit to blocking to teamwounding to teamkilling you name it, almost any activity in this game can be considered `trolling` for somebody on the receiving end of it.

All i am pointing out is what do you expect, its a video game unlike any other, where you can literally do as you want from being a good guy to a villain, from musician to king of the kills, so of course people are going to tk and troll..
it doesnt mean they are bad people, nor does it mean you should be blocking their key which they could have spent about 15 dollars or whatever on.

I agree, if somebody (like i used to do) is going to blow up lots of people, and cause havoc.. then yes of course in that circumstance they deserve their key to be banned, same with people who make anti semitic comments,  however.....   once theyve been banned on their key..  the punishment of them having to buy a new key should be more than enough to give them a new chance on their new key...
did you know that i have about 30 keys on NW and 84e banned, simply for having the name betty...  without tking or grieving or doing shit.. just a ban on sight...  not to mention theres countless other people in NW who have been log banned because admins assumed they were me...  no questions asked nothing just perm ban

Ask yourselves.. step away from the regiment b.s and think..  `really`?  `really`?

People take game this way too seriously.. to proove my point i quote and here is a direct quote from an admin once

------------------

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=70.msg81480#msg81480

Im wondering about the policy towards arty crew who aren't trolling but are simply so incompetent that they aren't even hitting the walls let alone breaching thus ruining the game for attackers.  most dont even respond in chat when you try to help them but on the other hand their negative impact is significantly greater than that of a single teamwounder

--------------

really? even the thought of punishing somebody who isn't good enough at artillery is ridiculous, its just beyond stupid, yet then again ive seen people in mount and blade games been perm banned simply for double gunning, or blocking a cannon, yep, petty ridiculous things.

this is not aimed anyone in particular...  this is a general matter, but i do not know any other games, no matter how strict the admins are..  that have such a gestapo style way of banning people and taking their online feeling of power (which counts for absolutely nothing in the real world by the way),  out on people.

By the way once again this thread is discussing multiplayer, not this forum. I feel this is a very good forum with great, but fair admins who do give people (long as they dont take the biscuit) a chance, and i feel that if this firm but fair admin style of this forum, was applied to the main servers where yes, excessive tking or below the belt racism would be dealt with, with a perm ban to the key...   but this `banning on sight` gestapo shit is absolutely ridiculous...   
just ban the key when they misbehave, if there doing nothing wrong then you have no right/reason to ban.

I myself stopped about early january from being a regular tkr, mostly because i got bored, also the fact that on NW i was a ban on sight before i even got a chance to lay down the tnt..  i mean how ridiculous is that.

I find/ found that i enjoyed playing legit, and would frequently gain top score..
it wasnt easy changing my playing habits,  but if i can change my way.. then anybody can,
But once again..  this spanish inquisition style of ruthless `ban happy` admin-ing on the main server, does nothing but make the servers feel like a prison when every two seconds the pink writing comes up with a `dont open gates, dont stand here dont stand there, dont sneeze` etc....

Thanks for reading this...  also i thought itd be funny if people write what the silliest reason they have seen somebody kicked or banned for (i saw somebody get a temp ban for being afk once)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:56:51 pm by sally100 »

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
  • Side: Union
Re: Mount Blade / NW tking and admins
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 11:44:25 pm »
She got muted  ::)

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde ImpĂ©riale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 11:55:10 pm »
Emma was not muted for making this thread. See here.

Feel free to discuss on the topic in this thread.

Kielbasa!

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:57:04 pm »
well if you play a game with the sole purpose to ruin it for others then you just better leave before you get banned.

People that troll don't get enough attention irl so go on the internet or a game to ruin it for others.

And if you want to tk so badly, join a DM server atleast you can kill people with the same uniform.

Offline saturnplanet

• Private
  • Oberst Of the Black Legion
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stBruns_Obst_Saturn
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 04:09:09 pm »
Tking is mostly on the big server :/

Offline angryjenny

• Volunteer
  • - delete me -
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Angry-jenny
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 10:54:10 pm »
delete this post thanks
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:12:35 am by angryjenny »
admins delete me, i no longer want to be associated with a game where the admins out right lie and treat people like shit

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 01:23:22 am »
delete this post thanks

angry jenny is angry

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: go to hell i`m not in the mood
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 09:08:57 am »
delete this post thanks

angry jenny is angry

Unless you have an on topic comment to make which is to do with this thread, please dont bother

Offline Daedalus

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 10:34:29 am »
if tk'ing is such a big problem why don't the admins just set it so you can't damage teammates? that seems a better solution than banning everyone.   :-\

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 10:46:55 am »
I think its because of realism.