Author Topic: [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions  (Read 79302 times)

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions
« Reply #480 on: December 19, 2020, 12:47:35 am »
makes sense

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #481 on: December 19, 2020, 01:05:54 am »
makes sense
Sorry Mister Gull. I love Switzerland.
It was meant for the lad from Germany
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 11:44:15 am by Vegi. »
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #482 on: December 19, 2020, 11:53:26 am »
makes sense
WHY ME?

Wursti

« Reply #483 on: December 19, 2020, 02:53:28 pm »
makes sense
WHY ME?

Stockholm tanking for me

appreciate it

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #484 on: December 19, 2020, 03:05:37 pm »
As strange as it sounds; WBMM in my opinion for Native was detrimental. All of the known top players for years spent their time on IG_Battlegrounds, because there was more people meaning you had to block more and kill more. When WBMM released sometime in 2017, it killed IG; even to this day there's been few 'top players' that came from practicing on WBMM, all the well known top players came from IG. WBMM now is left with eastern european and Turkish players.

In NW, it's probably the same, you think you want it but you probably don't. NWMM is just another way to be frustrated, you can't always join the team you want to join, you can't have a casual experience, players trolling would make you lose MMR (unlike GF server where it's a more casual experience) and then you continue to do more competitive GFs with your GF team or regiment. There has to be a balance of casual, and NWMM would just kill it.

Leave the sweating to regimental or team GFs, NWMM is never needed and would only be detrimental. The best Native players came from IG, which is a semi-competitive server and not WBMM.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 03:11:59 pm by Fietta »

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #485 on: December 19, 2020, 03:28:42 pm »
In NW, it's probably the same, you think you want it but you probably don't. NWMM is just another way to be frustrated, you can't always join the team you want to join, you can't have a casual experience, players trolling would make you lose MMR (unlike GF server where it's a more casual experience) and then you continue to do more competitive GFs with your GF team or regiment. There has to be a balance of casual, and NWMM would just kill it.

Leave the sweating to regimental or team GFs, NWMM is never needed and would only be detrimental. The best Native players came from IG, which is a semi-competitive server and not WBMM.

you're describing any game that uses matchmaking. some people just like the grind

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 19, 2020, 03:31:47 pm »
Yeah but this is a small community, you play one, you kill the other.

Offline LaPache

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 19, 2020, 06:19:15 pm »
As strange as it sounds; WBMM in my opinion for Native was detrimental. All of the known top players for years spent their time on IG_Battlegrounds, because there was more people meaning you had to block more and kill more. When WBMM released sometime in 2017, it killed IG; even to this day there's been few 'top players' that came from practicing on WBMM, all the well known top players came from IG. WBMM now is left with eastern european and Turkish players.

IG was already dead before MM came out. It was only alive during prime time with about 20 players and not even that everyday.
Of course MM has issues right now but since IG has died most had a much more entertaining experience  on MM than they ever had on IG (ofc you wouldn’t agree to me because you barley played MM but almost all good players played it a lot) It’s only been that way with bad players on MM when there is no native tourney going on and we are yet to find out if the 2 queues  system is gonna work out or not.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 06:22:07 pm by LaPache »

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #488 on: December 19, 2020, 06:35:35 pm »
so when its back
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #489 on: December 19, 2020, 06:35:59 pm »

IG was already dead before MM came out. It was only alive during prime time with about 20 players and not even that everyday.
Of course MM has issues right now but since IG has died most had a much more entertaining experience  on MM than they ever had on IG (ofc you wouldn’t agree to me because you barley played MM but almost all good players played it a lot) It’s only been that way with bad players on MM when there is no native tourney going on and we are yet to find out if the 2 queues  system is gonna work out or not.

Fietta does not play MM because he isn't a good player
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

David_Schrein

« Reply #490 on: December 19, 2020, 08:45:13 pm »
NWMM's first match was fun. That 10-0 vs marxeil

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 20, 2020, 02:45:40 am »

IG Battlegrounds started to die when the first iteration of WBMM came out (the grimsight one). Almost all the 'old' great players would almost definitely have an IG preference; it's silly to believe that anyone past 2017 (when IG actually died) would prefer WBMM. WBMM has notoriously been known to be filled with mediocre/troll players with some dotted great players, and it completely ruins the experience and this happens between and during tournaments.

The reason I don't play WBMM is because it's just a mess, filled with players that are there literally to make your experience worse. You're just sitting in queue waiting for the exact same players you played in the previous match. Having a 'pro' queue would literally just mean you'll split the already 20 players that play the client.

yecgga

« Reply #492 on: December 20, 2020, 08:05:10 am »
Can't wait to be joker

Offline Crush

• First Lieutenant
  • Retirement is finally done.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Crusher
« Reply #493 on: December 20, 2020, 02:56:58 pm »
dont like WBMM well then dont play it  :-[

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #494 on: December 21, 2020, 01:10:27 pm »
@lapache
why dont you open NWMM only for a predefined time laps? Open NWMM between tX and tY (or until the numbers start declining) and make an annoucement each time.
There are only benefts to it : you can strategically choose time periods by picking holidays or no exams periods ; admins wont have to make it a regular maintenance ; it will prevent entering the downwards spiral where the players just log in, see there arent enough players and instantly leave ect. NWMM is fueled by momentum and the annoucements will provide that.
you can compare it to big regs punctually reforming and bringing back inactive players and a modicum of hype. Take it as bonus that we're in a lockdown situation now so it might go more smoothly than you'd think
also the website absolutely wasnt fixed. You guys solved the first login issue and a second one popped that went unresolved until it killed the game

@darktemplar
opening it from 4pm to 9pm everyday will just result in the exact same outcome as the last time, this will only extend the deadline at best. the opening hours were never the problem

Spoiler
The biggest reason as to why it is so popular on native and not on NW is the ease of the GF server on NW. If you just wanna play groupfighting for an hour or so you could either: A) sit in a queue and pray that other people will join in. B) hop on the gf server for a bit and just play the game instantly.

Yes, proper 6v6 is perhaps more enjoyable than the chaos and randomness of the gf server. But on the other hand, when I just wanna play this game for a bit I often just wanna fuck around on the gf server and do quick melee. Just run in, do some shit, die, repeat next round. There's no downtime, there are no queues to miss, there are no obligations towards ur teammates to play properly. You can just play the game for a bit.

WBMM was fun for a while, until the novelty of it and thus the reason for tryharding for ranks wore off. From then on it was simply more convenient and perhaps enjoyable to just go on the gf server.
They wouldn't have to pray if people would play it actively. Nobody has to pray on Native and it's not because there wasn't any other choice. Servers like IG_Battlegrounds were pretty alive before MM came but people switched over to MM instead. Ofc you would have to tryhard it's not exactly a place to fuck around.
[close]
Well my point is that a lot of people think: "why go through WBMM when I can just quickly join the GF server". 
these people are a small minority and a small factor of why nwmm died
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 01:19:20 pm by DayBoul »
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12