Which date do you prefer

20 (51.3%)
10 (25.6%)
2 (5.1%)
Don't have to be on sunday
7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: April 22, 2020, 12:37:37 pm

Author Topic: Regimental Melee Tournament // Winner 15thYR, 2nd 92nd, 3rd 18th  (Read 42895 times)

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral

Offline Tigere

• Major
  • Führer of best team de GF, Cazadores! RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TigNig
Re: Regimental Melee Tournament 3.5 [20/20]
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2020, 02:01:38 pm »
Very nice guys

Spoiler
retards
[close]

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2020, 02:39:20 pm »
update: we will make poll for a new date

Of course it is an option to overrule smiley's tourney but it would be simply unfair, cause he claimed the date some weeks ago. Sadly enough he don't want to move it.
So we going to search for another date^^
What is wrong about organizing two tournaments on the same day ? I mean yes that would be sad for Smylie but if you organize that tournament he'll automatically have to postpone his tournament, or play it with 20 people, and that's not your fault. When you chose the date, you already knew that Smylie was hosting a tournament on that day, but you chose it, because the majority of the community wanted the tournament on that date (20/39 on the Thread poll). Now it looks like you regreat the choice of following the community and choosing that date, because "It's unfair for Smylie", but man there is no regreat existing in this case.

I can tell you one thing : if you postpone the tournament to the next week, you can be sure that you won't have the attendance that you could have gotten this week as people are going to start working, go out and go at school again. 

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2020, 04:24:08 pm »
I understand you want to be nice with Smylie and shit and frankly, that's all to your credits but with the high amount of tournaments hosted at the moment, it's likely Smylie's fun event was gonna overstep with another more important tournament. If it was a regular gf tournament like we gonna have plenty in future, I'd just leave it but considering the RGT is not a regular event and there was already trouble organizing this edition in the first place, accepting to delay your tournament further for something as silly as an FFA tournament sounds like a terrible decision to me.

Smylie perfectly knows that would both events happen at the same time, hardly anyone will choose his FFA tournament over the RGT yet he decided to refuse to move his competition even though he is nowhere near a position of strength. Just make it happen on the 3rd like it was initially planned, at a reasonable hour like 7/7:30. It's the best option by far.

Edit: I fully get there is a 'first come, first served' policy which should be considered but if I organize a partinazi event two months ahead and it appears that the date I choose is also one of the very few options for a greater / more interesting tournament to happen, I'm not gonna be silly and narrow-minded about it. Plus the FFA's tournament thread was last updated 20 days ago. Knowing Smylie, I wouldn't exactly trust him blindly when it comes to getting things done and certainly wouldn't postpone my own tournament for his.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 04:29:25 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Elsse

« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2020, 04:38:40 pm »
I might be the only one who chose Fun For All over the Regimental Groupfighting Tryhard I guess.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2020, 04:41:02 pm »
I might be the only one who chose Fun For All over the Regimental Groupfighting Tryhard I guess.

You bluffing, Martoni.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2020, 05:13:24 pm »
alright

I really understand everyones point, we are considering what we shall do. We wanted to find a solution with everyones happy, but as we noticed, it looks like it isn't possible.

We will have a solution till tomorrow.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2020, 05:14:39 pm »
alright

I really understand everyones point, we are considering what we shall do. We wanted to find a solution with everyones happy, but as we noticed, it looks like it isn't possible.

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2020, 05:16:50 pm »
alright

Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Wursti

« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2020, 05:24:35 pm »
alright

wise words
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 05:32:43 pm by Wursti »

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2020, 05:26:23 pm »
alright

nice metapher^^

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2020, 05:26:30 pm »
alright

As I think it was Tardet used to say you can please all of the people some of the time, you can please some of the people all of the time but you cannot please all of the people all of the time. In NW's case you can never please anyone because they're all a bunch of whiney bitches.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2020, 05:31:28 pm »
alright

As I think it was Tardet used to say you can please all of the people some of the time, you can please some of the people all of the time but you cannot please all of the people all of the time. In NW's case you can never please anyone because they're all a bunch of whiney bitches.

True that, I was too long away from the international community so i forgot about this xD

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2020, 06:10:04 pm »
Time and Date are fixed now
The tournament will start at 6 BST (7 CET) on the 3.5

As I already stated we wanted to make most people happy

Smiley told us he will move his tourney back to 8:30, so we got enough time to finish group stages. If the knock-outs are shifting into his tournament we are really sorry, but we felt that most people want to do the RMT with 20 signed up regs. if you have player which really looked forward to his toruney, feel free to swap your sub in and let them go and play. This is why we changed the available subs to 6 subs possible. We know not everyone is happy about that. But we hope as many people as possible :D