Author Topic: The Community's Current Top 15 Meleers [EU] Mk.II  (Read 24810 times)

Tournesol

Re: The Community's Current Top 15 Meleers [EU] Mk.II
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2019, 05:08:30 pm »
2016 Nock is the best nw player

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2019, 05:09:54 pm »
*angry ledger noises*

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2019, 05:16:40 pm »
Jackie was one of the very top players when he played actively, period. Of course, he has not won many tournaments but we are talking about a period where there weren't nearly as many competitions beside Hekko's monthly 5v5, as there is today. Just because a few people mention him as part of the all-time greatness (which isn't true) doesn't mean he is one of the most overrated old gen players. I was about to say that you should know better Heri but as Porkins mentioned, you were barely playing at the time so how would you know what sort of impact he had?
I think you of all people know I wouldn't throw shade without doing my research first. I spoke to several old players about Jackie that were active at the time e.g. Eddie & Ledger when making lists in the past as I like to try and make things fairly accurate. They all said the same thing that he was a noobslayer essentially and his skill as a groupfighter was questionable and didn't compare to many of the top players around that time or at the newer era's like 2014-16. Also saying I was barely playing at the time is just a straight lie. I no life'd this stupid game as soon as I started playing NW back in early 2013 which was a reasonable period of time before he departed to the NA side. Equally as I said I did play him when he came back to EU after I think it was a year or two of going over to NA and saw that even in duels he really wasn't any 'GOAT'. Furthermore yes you're right tournaments were less frequent they were roughly once a month yet in his years on the EU side he only won 1-2 gf tournaments......
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2019, 05:18:37 pm »
Ledger has been calling Jackie overrated af ever since I know him. You are not learning me anything new.  :) :)

Yeah he has not won many yet he came 2nd and 3rd in a couple of other gf tournaments, which brought to the total of competitions he played, is fairly good. We are talking about an era (2012-2013) where the competitive side of the game was still in its very early stages.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 05:21:19 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2019, 05:20:19 pm »
Then why you flaming me you little peanut!
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2019, 05:21:52 pm »

Because to answer Fotin's idiotic post, you bring an even more idiotic argument. If you were a cretin, I would let it sink but since I take you for someone rather smart, I find it saddening.

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2019, 05:23:40 pm »
Herishey can i interest you in some aloe vera

Offline Python | Smeagol

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Team'#039#039#039#039#039s Teamkil
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2019, 05:25:46 pm »
Though you can't really give an accurate comparison I think it's fair to say overall the skill level has increased since the 'oldgen' days and the meta has also changed. Though there has been a bit of a plateau and perhaps decrease recently. Basically what Stark said.

Offline Rune

• Brigadier General
  • <01:02:56> "[Louis] lou": i retired
    • View Profile
  • Nick: runal
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2019, 05:27:51 pm »
1. Python
2. Golden
3. Fwuffy
4. Louis
5. Domi
6. Shadey
7. Ivan
8. Wolpi
9. Extazz
10. Marquez
11. Anubis
12. Gerher
13. Muha
14. Tiberias
15. Bunter

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2019, 05:31:32 pm »

Because to answer Fotin's idiotic post, you bring an even more idiotic argument. If you were a cretin, I would let it sink but since I take you for someone rather smart, I find it saddening.
Tardet called me smart!  8)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2019, 05:37:43 pm »
Though you can't really give an accurate comparison I think it's fair to say overall the skill level has increased since the 'oldgen' days and the meta has also changed. Though there has been a bit of a plateau and perhaps decrease recently. Basically what Stark said.

That's also my opinion. It's hard to put statistics behind it obviously but to me, with the departure of many players who never got replaced, the competitive side of NW tightened and the average skill level simply became slightly higher.

I don't talk a lot about myself in these kinds of argument because I am simply irrelevant as a player nowadays though, I played two editions of the FRA in the early years and top-scored the two most important matches of both these editions (the semi-final lost against NL and the grand-final lost against the UK) whereas, after 2015, I wouldn't even make it to the bench of the French team. The comparison has its limits because even during my prime, I was nowhere near the top-players but I still played at the highest instance of NW competitive, and outperformed players which were arguably far better than myself. I know I would have never been able to do it after 2015, would I have tried. 

Tardet called me smart!  8)

I swear I knew you wouldn't only care about the last bit.  >:(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 05:40:01 pm by Tardet »

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2019, 05:48:25 pm »
Everyone plays the same it's very gay

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2019, 05:54:17 pm »
I've been scarred by the idiocy over on  the TW forums.

All these players would destroy anyone over on NW, to think we could be anything close to the Native scene is a joke guys delete this thread and raise a shrine to the native baboons their egos are of a cosmic level.

#1 Varadin
#2 Charlini
#3 Scar
#4 Apollo
#6 theDonut
#7 DarkLight
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 08:23:23 pm by Golden. »

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2019, 05:56:11 pm »

All these players would destroy anyone over on NW, to think we could be anything close to the Native scene is a joke guys delete this thread and raise a shrine to the native baboons their egos are of a cosmic level.

#1 Varadin
#2 Charlini
#3 Scar
#4 Apollo
#5 Fietta
#6 theDonut
#7 DarkLight

Who?  ???

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2019, 05:57:09 pm »

All these players would destory anyone over on NW, to think we could be anything close to the Native scene is a joke guys delete this thread and raise a shrine to the native baboons their egos are of a cosmic level.

#1 Varadin
#2 Charlini
#3 Scar
#4 Apollo
#5 Fietta
#6 theDonut
#7 DarkLight

Golden so provocative :o

Scar actually sided with you in saying the others were being too dismissive. Fietta needs to be much closer to #1 on your idiot list.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.