Author Topic: Canadian Federal Election Thread - October 2019  (Read 4280 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: Canadian Federal Election Thread - October 2019
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 09:02:38 pm »
Seat projections are neck and neck rn... hard to believe Trudeau lost a majority in just one term
A Q and A about scenarios that are rather likely: https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/an-expert-guide-to-minority-scenarios/
Wtf so Trudeau could possibly resign in a Liberal minority government if he wins the election?
Thats schwack

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 09:55:41 pm »
Seat projections are neck and neck rn... hard to believe Trudeau lost a majority in just one term
A Q and A about scenarios that are rather likely: https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/an-expert-guide-to-minority-scenarios/
Wtf so Trudeau could possibly resign in a Liberal minority government if he wins the election?
Thats schwack
It’s a possibility, but if Trudeau wins a minority, I doubt he’d resign. He’s shown a propensity for disregarding parliamentary tradition and he may try to secure NDP support. If he loses the confidence of parliament I’d assume he resigns but you never know

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2019, 12:12:55 am »
Election is tonight fellas!

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2019, 01:47:30 am »
yikes libs won by a whopping margin

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2019, 02:53:20 am »
yikes libs won by a whopping margin
? Results are in from Atlantic Canada and that’s barely. CBC has like 8 seats confirmed at this point.
Liberals swept the Maritimes last time with 32/32, and now are looking at 25, which is less, but as expected.

Windflower is fake news

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2019, 04:28:50 am »
It’s still early but the CBC are projecting a Liberal minority government, which is what the polls have been calling. Disappointing result in Ontario for the CPC, although they still pick up 10+ seats.
The real question is what the seat count will be, as the projected LPC + NDP seat count is less than the majority number - meaning unless the LPC makes a coalition with the separatist Bloc, a coalition would not be in the cards

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2019, 05:31:30 am »
Theodin votes Bloc Quebecois

NDP + Liberals look like a majority rn anyways. Bloc Quebecois does better when not advocating for separatism surprise surprise.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2019, 05:49:00 am »

NDP + Liberals look like a majority rn anyways. Bloc Quebecois does better when not advocating for separatism surprise surprise.
I would lol

Result is a Liberal minority, pretty much confirmed at this point. It’ll be an interesting government in Canada for the next few years.

Thoughts:
NDP shit the bed, big time. Very much hurt the CPC’s chances at winning, especially in Ontario, where the Liberals dominated the suburbs around Toronto. This version of the NDP simply cannot won.

The CPC performance was decent, and they won the popular vote, but this was a very winnable election. The fact that they didn’t shows they have serious weaknesses in the suburbs, especially in Ontario.

The Bloc resurgence makes parliament so interesting. Do they outright back the Liberals? Doubtful, but they have a lot of weight now.

The CPC won the vote share, and lost by 30+ seats. First past the post has serious issues, but we won’t change that, which sucks.

The Liberals didn’t get a single seat in Alberta and Saskatchewan and lost a fair amount of seats in B.C. Western alienation is becoming a serious issue, especially with a Bloc that is very anti-energy. National unity is seriously at risk, and that will be very serious!

Expect an election before 4 years from now, but don’t expect it anytime soon!

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2019, 07:32:25 am »

I would lol

Result is a Liberal minority, pretty much confirmed at this point. It’ll be an interesting government in Canada for the next few years.

Thoughts:
NDP shit the bed, big time. Very much hurt the CPC’s chances at winning, especially in Ontario, where the Liberals dominated the suburbs around Toronto. This version of the NDP simply cannot won.

The CPC performance was decent, and they won the popular vote, but this was a very winnable election. The fact that they didn’t shows they have serious weaknesses in the suburbs, especially in Ontario.

The Bloc resurgence makes parliament so interesting. Do they outright back the Liberals? Doubtful, but they have a lot of weight now.

The CPC won the vote share, and lost by 30+ seats. First past the post has serious issues, but we won’t change that, which sucks.

The Liberals didn’t get a single seat in Alberta and Saskatchewan and lost a fair amount of seats in B.C. Western alienation is becoming a serious issue, especially with a Bloc that is very anti-energy. National unity is seriously at risk, and that will be very serious!

Expect an election before 4 years from now, but don’t expect it anytime soon!

Canada is still very left despite how many seats CPC earned today. With this voting system voters sometimes will vote against what they truly believe in because the riding they live in is just too close and if conservatives threaten to actually gain control soon I'm sure more of them would diverge to the Liberal Party as they have the best chance. In all fairness there's 4/5 major parties in Canada (if you count green) and of those most reside center-left. Canada is a very liberal country especially compared to America and the alternative parties mostly focus on singular issues (i.e. Quebec Affairs, Climate Change etc.) or are more radicalized version of the more traditional parties (NDP & PPC). Trudeau fucked up big time and the conservatives still couldn't capitalize despite being the only party right of center that poses any threat to gain control. Andrew Scheer is Canada's version of Hillary Clinton, he had a fastball down the middle and still struck out.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2019, 03:48:56 pm »
Alberta boutta become the 51st state lmao

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2019, 08:00:13 pm »
Mad Max isn’t gonna lose Beauce. I’d be very surprised if he lost his seat
f

Libs did much better, I expected it to be within 20-30 seats but that was when the NDP was on the rise, on that subject;
lol the fucking NDP, I knew from day one when he became leader he'd never hit big. He's got the charisma that the NDP needs, but he lacks the political realism that Mulcair and Layton utilized. Getting shut out of Quebec has been and continues to be a disaster for them. Their best bet is to hold up the Liberals until killing a budget two years down if Liberal support drops enough.

I think its an overstatement to say Scheer had an easy win in the books. It was almost always a given that he was never getting a majority, the economy is doing ok and the Liberals delivered on a lot of big promises, aside from a few scandals and Trudeau's failing image the LPC actually ran a solid government. Doug Ford basically killed Conservative support in Ontario by not endorsing Scheer and running semi-social conservative policy which drove away progressives. If the tories ran a member of their progressive wing they probably would have been in government, although who knows, maybe they'll form a breakaway state from Manitoba to the Rockies? Gonna have to because they got fuck all elsewhere.

On a final note, looking better for the Greens who finally stepped out of their B.C comfort zone and won a seat in Fredericton, well done Greens! Maybe if they merge into the de facto same party that is the NDP they can actually accomplish something? 

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2019, 08:35:11 pm »
EC gotta go

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2019, 09:26:55 pm »
Mad Max isn’t gonna lose Beauce. I’d be very surprised if he lost his seat
f

Libs did much better, I expected it to be within 20-30 seats but that was when the NDP was on the rise, on that subject;
lol the fucking NDP, I knew from day one when he became leader he'd never hit big. He's got the charisma that the NDP needs, but he lacks the political realism that Mulcair and Layton utilized. Getting shut out of Quebec has been and continues to be a disaster for them. Their best bet is to hold up the Liberals until killing a budget two years down if Liberal support drops enough.

I think its an overstatement to say Scheer had an easy win in the books. It was almost always a given that he was never getting a majority, the economy is doing ok and the Liberals delivered on a lot of big promises, aside from a few scandals and Trudeau's failing image the LPC actually ran a solid government. Doug Ford basically killed Conservative support in Ontario by not endorsing Scheer and running semi-social conservative policy which drove away progressives. If the tories ran a member of their progressive wing they probably would have been in government, although who knows, maybe they'll form a breakaway state from Manitoba to the Rockies? Gonna have to because they got fuck all elsewhere.

On a final note, looking better for the Greens who finally stepped out of their B.C comfort zone and won a seat in Fredericton, well done Greens! Maybe if they merge into the de facto same party that is the NDP they can actually accomplish something?
I remain very surprised Maxime lost Beace. What a disaster the PPC is

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2019, 05:04:14 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2019, 05:52:29 pm »