Author Topic: Cavalry Champions League - Season 2 | Discussion Thread  (Read 27401 times)

Offline Squall

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5ehuss_Rec_Squall
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Cavalry Champions League - Season 2 | Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2019, 10:57:24 pm »
Here are the ranked scores of league 1 and league 2 players: (Score Only Screnn)

League 1:

League 2:

nice! maybe some players will be motivated with this ranking  8)

Good job Theillet
lol = ban

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Board Moderator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2019, 11:33:38 pm »
Here are the ranked scores of league 1 and league 2 players: (Score Only Screnn)

League 1:

League 2:

nice! maybe some players will be motivated with this ranking  8)

Good job Theillet

Offline Tulkas

• First Sergeant
  • Admin on Cavalry Groupfighting & EU [KGL]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_Cpl_Tulkas
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2019, 06:08:21 pm »
Can someone explain me why did you changed the system of points without asking to all leaders ?
And explain me why 9eHuss and Nr6 which are 2good regiments with a good attendance are in league 2 ?
That's stupid, we all know it's one of this 2 regiments who will win league 2, not interesting...  :-X
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:14:59 pm by Tulkas »

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2019, 06:14:00 pm »
Can someone explain me why did you change the system of points without asking to all leaders ?
And explain me why 9eHuss and Nr6 which are 2good regiments with a good attendance are in league 2 ?
That's stupid, we all know it's one of this 2 regiments who will win league 2, not interesting...  :-X

Indeed, unlike the last CCL, no one asked the opinion of all the leaders. When we send messages to the organizers, we often receive no response.It was just an unilateral decision. No vote, no democratie. ohoh it's a dictatorship on a game with 200 players xD
And especially you have to change the rules in the middle of the competition, it's super cool!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:16:10 pm by DragonKing »
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2019, 06:32:11 pm »
Can someone explain me why did you change the system of points without asking to all leaders ?

Indeed, unlike the last CCL, no one asked the opinion of all the leaders. When we send messages to the organizers, we often receive no response.It was just an unilateral decision. No vote, no democratie. ohoh it's a dictatorship on a game with 200 players xD
And especially you have to change the rules in the middle of the competition, it's super cool!

+1

Offline DE14HANNES

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cvl_DE14HANNES
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2019, 07:16:17 pm »
Im fine with the new Point System ^^

and we are in league 2 because our attendance wasnt on the same level like it is after we found the DKG,
we were like 5-6 guys in trainmatches for the ccl for months.

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2019, 07:17:23 pm »

The change does nothing. Just a point system change as many people were upset about it. So better look forward then blaming the admins and enjoy the tourney

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2019, 07:25:14 pm »
From a competitive perspective, a point system (3W/1D/0L) makes the most sense in most competition. I don't know why it was changed in the first place (from last season) but you can't really blame the admins from realising their mistakes and trying to act upon it. That way, you will have a fair winner designed at the end of the regular season, like in any CNWL for instance.

I can understand why some people are pissed about it yet I believe the best decision was taken, in the interest of the whole community. It's also worth remembering that admins are not required to consult every single leader participating in the competition, for every decision taken and that's pretty obvious as for why.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline StephanGH

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2019, 09:20:14 pm »

I've not really received any message from you regarding anything. And those that have messaged me with questions have always been answered, so I am not sure where this is coming from? If you have any questions you can always ask us over steam. If we aren't online throw it in the chat and we will answer there - and lastly you can always put it on the forums here as I check it all the time and try my best to answer all questions.

As for the 2nd part, we decided to change it because we believe it will make for a much more fair ending, and as Tardet said - it was taken in the interest of the tournament and community. As shadey also added in his message, alot of leaders had already voiced their concern about the 1 Round Won = 1 Point - point system. So I suppose we acted off of that feedback aswell.

In short, Tardet summed it up well with his comment.

Can someone explain me why did you changed the system of points without asking to all leaders ?

Some regiments (I am not gonna name them) specifically requested access to League 1 to prove themselves, which was granted to them.
Not to forget that just before the CCL start the 9e_Huss was still the 3e_Huss and was not at the strength they are now. That merge greatly increased their strength and we had no real way to change up the leagues to fit them into L1. As we wanted the leagues to be the same size. Nor did we really have an idea of how strong the 9e lineup was.

Same goes for Nr6, before their army thing they created they were bringing 6 people to training matches, or even no showed them due to struggles. Trust me I had to live through both of these scenarios. They didn't start bringing enough 'till when the CCL actually started - and they were not the strength of a League 1 regiment before the CCL started either.

Some stuff we can't change, and these 2 situations were pretty much out of the organizors reach.

And even then - The 2ndHess showed up and got 4 rounds against the 9e_Huss, so it isn't that obvious that they will win the league. League 2 isn't as cut-dry as we believe it to be. And it will still be interesting to see how the rest of league 2 plays out.

If there's any further questions shoot them to me on steam or feel free to leave them here on the forums.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 09:21:46 pm by Akimoto »

Offline Squall

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5ehuss_Rec_Squall
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2019, 09:21:41 pm »
It's also worth remembering that admins are not required to consult every single leader participating in the competition, for every decision taken and that's pretty obvious as for why.

We have people who have taken over the "CCL", it is already good that we have a competition, if people are not happy with some change, they have to create their own competition with their own rules. It is already a lot of work to organize a competition with 16 regiments, I think we can consider ourselves lucky that an event keeps the community alive  ::) ::) ::)

lol = ban

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Board Moderator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2019, 09:22:17 pm »
Pretty sure i already explained all of this to people but whatever. What Tardet and Stephan said is spot on.

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2019, 10:44:23 pm »
HI

WHERE'S THE FSE DRAMA WE WERE PROMISED YERSTERDAY AFTER DCL VS 4E

I sat with my morning coffe today and opened the forum to read through it while slowly sipping my warm elixir, but there was nothing, so I had to watch this instead:

Plox at least provide something for tomorrow

Offline Aless

• First Lieutenant
  • a
    • View Profile
    • que ?
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2019, 12:47:15 am »
Spoiler
HI

WHERE'S THE FSE DRAMA WE WERE PROMISED YERSTERDAY AFTER DCL VS 4E

I sat with my morning coffe today and opened the forum to read through it while slowly sipping my warm elixir, but there was nothing, so I had to watch this instead:

Plox at least provide something for tomorrow
[close]

Same.

I require D R A M A

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Board Moderator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2019, 03:47:38 am »