Author Topic: The Dying Problem-Why Hacking is Taking the fun out of NW (NA) Fine EU Can Stay  (Read 25191 times)

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
  • Side: Neutral
For many of us who are left in NW, a common issue has been the use of cheats.  While for some this may not be an issue, for others its normal now, and for the very few of us this shit needs to stop.  Let me be clear to those that will say, "Oh bean werent you the fucker that used the Betty Hacks on the 63e? Isnt that like the pot calling the kettle black?" No its not the same.  Cheating on a competitive level just to make ones name known is one of the stupidest things to do in an online game let alone NW.  If you truly feel that your own life is that shitty and you need praise from the most toxic community in gaming by all means do what you need to do to sleep at night. But thats not why I am posting this, to be honest with you its time some people got called for this. I want to explain how I know for certain that certain players have sought out cheats on the NA side.  For example lets start with Matt:

Matt had asked me back in 2017 when I had launched my vendetta against the 63e to be introduced to the Hacker known as MrMedic.  At the time I had been talking to MrMedic about getting the Betty Hacks that would crash in game servers by exploiting an ingame glitch.  These of course have since been patched, however I had told Matt about my talks with Medic.  He proceeded to ask me if he could get an introduction to MrMedic to see if he could get hacks.  From this point in time my knowledge of what Matt and MrMedic did is unknown.  But what I do know is that MrMedic told me that Matt was now a "client" of his.  This was slang for a buyer of what MrMedic was making.  The degree to which he bought is something that I dont know but Ill let those that care figure this out.   

Let me be clear about a few things.  I know more people than just Matt have used cheats in this game to propel themselves in a "NW Career" I want to establish a warning to those who use the cheats.  Stop. Stop using them and just enjoy the game for what it is.  Its not worth it.  Cause if you get caught by your ingame friends...well I doubt they will want to be friends with you that much longer.   
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 08:27:41 am by PapaBean »

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
INTO THE FLOOD AGAINNNNNNNNN

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
/sub

let the games begin

Offline Superb_Pedro

• Second Lieutenant
  • the universe is exploding because of one mans lie
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pedro_Alto
/sub

let the games begin

THen the list is correct. no fucking way lmao.

01stdisband 84edisband USMCdisband 45edisband 45ereformdisband 45e2ndtimereformdisband 45ebrigade disband 45e3rdtimereform 57threform 13thFLdisband 13thFLreform 13thFLdisband 15edisband AEF disband 1stvistule disband 1eKM disband 32edisband 3evolt disband 41stdisband nr8LGdisband 71stdisband 6tedisband 6tebrigadedisband 3teSLRdisband 1stIBdisband 1stRMdisband 4thrvbdisband HREdisband KHdisband 2handisband 54threformdisband 61edisband 1erPLGdisband 1stLCdisband 1stVIistuledisband AGBdisband 63Edisband 63ebrigadedisband nr4disband REglatinodisband 87thdisband 58e disband 42disband nagfidsband 1stRMmergedisband    the list keeps disbanding

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
No1 Fuck "EU get your own"
No2 Why is this in the MessHall?

No 3 Funfact: many admins nowadays are either too incompetent or too lazy to even realize that people like MrMedic or Merc Frank are still a thing, and there is literally nothing being done against them. At this point, I know for a fact that some cheaters (who are even being open about Betty-affiliations regretting nothing) are referees in tournaments. While being SA over at Persistent World for about two years, I gathered hundreds of keys belonging to those using or developing cheats and even identified some persons. I even wrote PMs to organizers, including two forummoderators, providing information and proof regarding one of the most notorious ones, but got utterly dismissed as paranoid. Since then, this guy is still allowed to roam free here and even refs in tournaments. Do you really expect a ref that is dubious himself to stop his colleagues? Now most of this info is gone, because I had a dataloss due to stupidity on my side, and PW/PK Phoenix where I had stored data as well shut down a few months after I left.

These people you are referring to are allowed to roam free in the competitive scene as well as in this forum, either because organizers and admins do not care or literally are too stupid to understand what's going on. They feel safe, because we used to have an administrative network that shared data between admins, serverproviders and hosts, at least when it comes to the major public servers. But this network is long gone, and many of those in charge now don't realize the problem.

So - I applaud you for finally calling out this bullshit. But at this point, there seem to be literally no consequences when cheating. You can even work as referee.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:36:30 am by Ted »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Gavin357

• Second Lieutenant
  • Autoblocker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gavin

Offline Python | Smeagol

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Team'#039#039#039#039#039s Teamkil
Genuine question, why should EU make their own thread on this topic when we are also affected by hacks? Surely it's easier and more collaborative to have it in 1 thread?

Offline Gavin357

• Second Lieutenant
  • Autoblocker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gavin
Genuine question, why should EU make their own thread on this topic when we are also affected by hacks? Surely it's easier and more collaborative to have it in 1 thread?

no, us NA's need to be special!

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
:o pray tell

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
I know more people than just Matt have used cheats in this game to propel themselves in a "NW Career" I want to establish a warning to those who use the cheats.

Name them then tbh. If you gonna say it, say it. Might as well get it out if you going to make a thread.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:15:17 am by Risk_ »

Offline Daemon

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Dont get why cheating is so lax in NW, In native you get permed on sight, Comp scenes a joke for this shit

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
Dont get why cheating is so lax in NW, In native you get permed on sight, Comp scenes a joke for this shit

in Native any sort of modification or texture editing (with the possibility of providing an advantage) = perm ban. people have been banned for having their siege mods on during matches, for example. not saying it should be the same in NW, but a zero tolerance policy has been effective at keeping the number of cheaters in Native very small.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
Who tf even uses cheats... Just git gud jeez

Offline Alatriste1234

• Second Lieutenant
  • asfkasfuasfmasf
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
in NW the only cheat u can use is the autoblock and tbh i block better without it, idk who uses that shit but is sad af XD in 2019 lmao

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
Unblockable  too :p but that's less common... Think the main one is autoblock but also smaller ones like zoom hacks