Author Topic: Getting a high score counts for nothing  (Read 4646 times)

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: go to hell i`m not in the mood
  • Side: Neutral
Getting a high score counts for nothing
« on: March 26, 2013, 01:58:05 pm »
I find one aspect about nw and the mount and blade game unfulfilling.

That is the fact that you can have a brilliant game where you are like 40-0 up and you won the game for your team.. at the end of the map the score is erased and its back to square one.. nobody cares or praises you and its basicaly forgotten history.

In a sense this is good as it doesnt give that game divide like some games have where you get this `level 1 to level 100 .... ` as that can be very daunting say if i play fifa as a level 1 and im up again somebody with a level 50 score..

At the same time, dont you feel some sense of unappreciation that absolutly nobody in game gives a shit how well you do.. or if you single handedly saved the flag by rambo -ing 8 enemy atttackers at spawn etc... it all counts for nothing the next round its just rinse and repeat really.

Im not saying have a `level 1.. level 2` etc system.

But when you get a high number of kills or something itd be nice to get some kind of recognition... like a server message  `so and so has killed 6 enemy in a row` or something.

And no, this isnt just a useless thread ranting about anything at random, i just think its silly sometimes how you can do really well in a game, and it all counts for absolutly nothing next round.... it seems a bit pointless

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
Re: Getting a high score counts for nothing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 02:31:45 pm »
To be honest I play for the feelz, not for the keelz. I was playing last night and I had fun playing an entire map as a fifer following a bunch of partisans and watching them club and knife people to death. I didn't get a single kill and I died almost every round but I didn't care, I had fun just enjoying the game itself.

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy those moments where I bayonet 5 people to death but that's because it looks and feels cool to charge into the fray and wipe out the enemy. Not because I like getting a positive k/d

But everybody has their own playstyle and I respect that. Do what makes you happy as long as it's not at the expense of others.

Offline laozizuswerdin

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 06:58:23 pm »
Join a regiment, people remember line battles

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 11:01:44 pm »
Join a regiment, people remember line battles

I remember glorious moments.  I couldn't tell you which side won or lost an event at a linebattle event with 200 people.  I'm usually too busy having fun.   ;D

Offline Furnardan

• Corporal
  • I like half of you, half as well as you deserve...
    • View Profile
    • Furnie
  • Nick: Furnie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 11:52:26 pm »
I've played Mount & Blade since 2004, way before it was complete or even had multiplayer as Warband brought. And i've played online since M&B had that capability. I like being a great fighter and proving it, but you think after all that time I give a fuck anymore about the score board?  8)
Furnie

Offline Toasty

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toasty
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 02:48:30 am »
People that take every time a screenshots with 30-0 kills and upload it anoy me alot. Nobody care :D

Offline Furnardan

• Corporal
  • I like half of you, half as well as you deserve...
    • View Profile
    • Furnie
  • Nick: Furnie
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 04:35:38 pm »
People that take every time a screenshots with 30-0 kills and upload it anoy me alot. Nobody care :D

half the time, they're just cav stealing kills anyway.  ;)
Furnie

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 04:45:50 pm »
Imagine what would happen if Leaderboards were introduced to NW and BcOF :P We might as well include killcams at the end of the round. :D
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Toasty

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toasty
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 03:13:18 am »

half the time, they're just cav stealing kills anyway.  ;)

What do you want to say...? D:  :P

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 09:46:17 am »
Nobody really cares about the score to me its all about the atmosphere this game creates.

Offline Sir_Furlong

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Is go time
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 89thRG_LCpl_Furlong
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 09:34:15 pm »
For me the statisfaction of knowing you did well is good enough. And yes, in a regiments such glorious moments are remembered :P

Offline Tromez

• Corporal
  • Dont kill it Blake! :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 12:00:37 am »
To be honest, I do think sally has a point... I would actually like a system like this in BCoF, but not ranks as sally says, because I think numbers are kind of meaningless but maybe Titles, Instead of ranks as an e.g.

Raw Recruit
Soldier
Expierienced Soldier
Frontline Soldier
Battle Hardend Soldier
Veteran
e.t.c,

and they might actually add scoreboards perhaps, anyway since there is going to be a Regiment Ingame Display, which would run off something with FSE to save the Info,
but idk either how would they display the idea,

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
  • EU Senior Admin of NW, Saturday Linebattle Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_King_Adminborn_Crusader
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 09:15:00 pm »
To be honest, I do think sally has a point... I would actually like a system like this in BCoF, but not ranks as sally says, because I think numbers are kind of meaningless but maybe Titles, Instead of ranks as an e.g.

Raw Recruit
Soldier
Expierienced Soldier
Frontline Soldier
Battle Hardend Soldier
Veteran
... x100

Adminborn
e.t.c,

and they might actually add scoreboards perhaps, anyway since there is going to be a Regiment Ingame Display, which would run off something with FSE to save the Info,
but idk either how would they display the idea,

Already there baby!
I hereby present Crusader with the Blobdominican medal for Bravery above and beyond the call of duty in his role as AdminBorn of the FSE servers. We have also arranged some lovely flowers & a kitten to commemorate the occasion.
Thanks Crusader for all of your work in the community!
[/quote]

Offline Joshly

• Private
  • What's this NW thing anyway?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joshly
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 01:06:15 am »
While it would be cool to have a leaderboard, I feel it would largely be inaccurate and promote the wrong idea of what the community *used* to be. To me it has and will always be about the big linebattles and the glorious moments, and the embarrassing ones as well, within them(embarrassing ones are always the most fun!).

However, I do enjoy public play, and I find that playing with regiment members and friends always generates good times and memories!

Offline Justo

• Volunteer
  • 3e Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 05:53:20 am »
press tab
press f12
????
profit