Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Draft League (4v4) {Season 1 Thread}{Champions: Aces}  (Read 31739 times)

Offline JollyCanadian

• Board Moderator
  • BBG Head Admin
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: North American 4v4 Draft League ($150)[Week 2]
« Reply #480 on: February 27, 2019, 02:01:29 am »
Captain Profile #2 : Baby Jesus's Flying Squirrels

You're mostly responding to claims nobody made. I don't think anybody ever accused me of being one of "the greatest players" at anything, myself included. My only asset is that I compulsively show up to NW things.

I'm just a sucker who likes to play for fun, which made the fact that there was a full team's worth of players left over (which could have been an eighth team and would have made the schedule a little less awkward) mildly irritating. A full extra team has signed up after the draft, which has its own problems (that people with a greater stake can argue about).

All I was ever after was a way to get into melee now that pub linebattles only last three rounds as of last night.

an extra team would have been fine in the short term but long term the team would most likely not finish the league.

an example being Nico's team in Jorge's recent 5v5 Twitch league, they got pummeled into quitting

teams are looking for active players who are an asset to a team, just being active does not make you great team worthy material.

an asset to a team would be a great range player/bait/entry fragger

an active player who only gives activeness won't give much, as teams want to have the best players to win.

it might seem unfair a lot of free agents won't be getting picked up by teams but in a serious league based on the efforts of each team to win a prize, that will happen.

no one said you're the 'greatest player' nor yourself i don't understand where you got that from, i was only stating teams look for skill and activity, and free agents most likely have an average of the lowest skill in the entire league (as no one picked them up on the first draft)

and yes i was responding to claims "nobody" made.

I mean, any chance we had at playing ended when the sum total of everybody's response to Maccle was a pyramid full of K/D memes.
I'll have you know "nico's team" was mine till he bought it
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 07:04:49 am by Windflower »
Current: 15e|ex-17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Suns

« Reply #481 on: February 27, 2019, 03:46:33 am »
yeah that's what i remembered it as

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Brigadier General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Ligne_LtCol_Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #482 on: February 27, 2019, 04:10:15 am »
You're mostly responding to claims nobody made. I don't think anybody ever accused me of being one of "the greatest players" at anything, myself included. My only asset is that I compulsively show up to NW things.

I'm just a sucker who likes to play for fun, which made the fact that there was a full team's worth of players left over (which could have been an eighth team and would have made the schedule a little less awkward) mildly irritating. A full extra team has signed up after the draft, which has its own problems (that people with a greater stake can argue about).

All I was ever after was a way to get into melee now that pub linebattles only last three rounds as of last night.

an extra team would have been fine in the short term but long term the team would most likely not finish the league.

an example being Nico's team in Jorge's recent 5v5 Twitch league, they got pummeled into quitting

teams are looking for active players who are an asset to a team, just being active does not make you great team worthy material.

an asset to a team would be a great range player/bait/entry fragger

an active player who only gives activeness won't give much, as teams want to have the best players to win.

it might seem unfair a lot of free agents won't be getting picked up by teams but in a serious league based on the efforts of each team to win a prize, that will happen.

no one said you're the 'greatest player' nor yourself i don't understand where you got that from, i was only stating teams look for skill and activity, and free agents most likely have an average of the lowest skill in the entire league (as no one picked them up on the first draft)

and yes i was responding to claims "nobody" made.

I mean, any chance we had at playing ended when the sum total of everybody's response to Maccle was a pyramid full of K/D memes.

A C T U A L L Y, Nico/Jolly's version of Aftershock was the only version of Aftershock that didn't get pummeled into quitting.

As for what constitutes being an asset to a team, you're mostly right in the context of a tournament, but not a league.

For a league, yes, skill is still an important factor, but so is attitude, loyalty, activity and chemistry.

It's nice when you think you've stacked your team with the best players until they A) stop showing up for you, B) Ditch your team to be on another C) Rage at everyone through out the duration of a match. And as WPC showed, those first two can outright kill a team.

Sure, an ideal team is a group of high skill players who show up and work well together, and get along.

But I'd like my chances on a team of active mediocre players far more than I would on some of the "stacked" teams that started out in WPC and imploded from toxicity or died off from inactivity.

“There is absolutely nothing that can
prepare you for a duel with a space wizard
wielding a plasma sword”

Offline JollyCanadian

• Board Moderator
  • BBG Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 27, 2019, 04:11:59 am »
Just to point out godfrieds point. We never did quit, We played our matches until the end and did our best with what we were.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #484 on: February 27, 2019, 04:39:46 am »
Just to point out godfrieds point. We never did quit, We played our matches until the end and did our best with what we were.
Yes. I watched the steam when you guys faced us. I think we won 16-4 or something, and it wasn’t pretty, but at no point was there any salt, tilt, or rage from anyone on your team. It was really quite something.
I even subbed myself in to give you guys a better chance lol

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Windflower

• Board Moderator
  • Xerox man dressed in gauze spidersilk & menopause
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Nick: 𝒲𝒾𝓃𝒹𝒻𝓁🌸𝓌𝑒𝓇
« Reply #485 on: February 27, 2019, 07:02:54 am »
Captain Profile #2 : Baby Jesus's Flying Squirrels

Suns

« Reply #486 on: February 27, 2019, 07:16:09 am »
Yes. I watched the steam when you guys faced us. I think we won 16-4 or something, and it wasn’t pretty, but at no point was there any salt, tilt, or rage from anyone on your team. It was really quite something.

lol...

a lot of people on that team did not get along very well and would tell me how much they hated playing because its impossible for them to have a chance at winning 1 match

Offline JollyCanadian

• Board Moderator
  • BBG Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 27, 2019, 02:22:54 pm »

lol...

a lot of people on that team did not get along very well and would tell me how much they hated playing because its impossible for them to have a chance at winning 1 match

Yeah we didn't always get along but we still played and finished our matches

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OatmealCan'tGroupfightSTINOV
« Reply #488 on: February 27, 2019, 05:32:01 pm »
LGBT team when?
The Myth, The Legend

Online fireboy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • LG NCO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #489 on: February 27, 2019, 06:32:49 pm »
LGBT team when?

When you kiss me furryboy

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OatmealCan'tGroupfightSTINOV
« Reply #490 on: February 27, 2019, 07:24:19 pm »
LGBT team when?

When you kiss me furryboy

youd be team captain if there was a homosexual team
The Myth, The Legend

Offline Fartknocker

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #491 on: February 27, 2019, 07:46:33 pm »
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Online Cwater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #492 on: February 27, 2019, 08:21:09 pm »

lol...

^^

To follow up on Jolly’s point. Despite the AfterShock team itself not being created under the most ideal of circumstances (As it was mainly comprised of players who had either only recently signed up or had been sitting in the free agent pool for months), it was still a preferable alternative to those on it. Inspite of a few abrasive personalities and a lack of skill in relation to those teams that had been playing together since the beginning of the league, I think the majority of us found it enjoyable. As for myself, I of course would have liked the team to have found more success. But seeing as how I was away for the initial tryouts and only joined the league after it had been active for a few months, I was content with at least the opportunity to play during WPC’s latter half.

You can take from this what you will, but just know that in AfterShock’s specific situation the formation of a ‘new’ team worked well in all but performance.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Board Moderator
  • BBG Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 27, 2019, 08:52:07 pm »
Spoiler

lol...

^^

To follow up on Jolly’s point. Despite the AfterShock team itself not being created under the most ideal of circumstances (As it was mainly comprised of players who had either only recently signed up or had been sitting in the free agent pool for months), it was still a preferable alternative to those on it. Inspite of a few abrasive personalities and a lack of skill in relation to those teams that had been playing together since the beginning of the league, I think the majority of us found it enjoyable. As for myself, I of course would have liked the team to have found more success. But seeing as how I was away for the initial tryouts and only joined the league after it had been active for a few months, I was content with at least the opportunity to play during WPC’s latter half.

You can take from this what you will, but just know that in AfterShock’s specific situation the formation of a ‘new’ team worked well in all but performance.
[close]
^^

Offline Forgotfulking

• Major
  • Head Moderator for RGL League 2019 [NA]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #494 on: February 27, 2019, 11:45:07 pm »
imagine arguing about shit teams, but then realizing awaken was fucking cancer.