Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Draft League (4v4) {Season 1 Thread}{Champions: Aces}  (Read 31676 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: North American 4v4 Draft League ($150) [FEB 18TH START DATE]
« Reply #345 on: February 17, 2019, 04:56:10 am »
I think the best option is an expansion draft. Have each team be able to protect 3 players. The rest will be available to be drafted to the new team. One player from each team will be selected by the captain of the 8th team. This will be the most fair way to do it.

You would only be able to take one player from a team so for example: If Unitater leaves Jakester and Ghostrider unprotected you would only be able to choose one of them.

This is still the best idea so far
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Forgotfulking

• Major
  • Head Moderator for RGL League 2019 [NA]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #346 on: February 17, 2019, 05:39:25 am »
I think the best option is an expansion draft. Have each team be able to protect 3 players. The rest will be available to be drafted to the new team. One player from each team will be selected by the captain of the 8th team. This will be the most fair way to do it.

You would only be able to take one player from a team so for example: If Unitater leaves Jakester and Ghostrider unprotected you would only be able to choose one of them.

This is still the best idea so far

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #347 on: February 17, 2019, 06:21:33 am »
The Flying Squirrels have signed Bagins as our new coach.
Interesting transaction, bringing in a coach from the EU scene, maybe this is the shakeup NA melee needs. Looking forwards to seeing EU strats and comms

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Suns

« Reply #348 on: February 17, 2019, 06:42:00 am »
Bagins is a good coach for NAs though NGL

Offline Windflower

• Board Moderator
  • Xerox man dressed in gauze spidersilk & menopause
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Nick: 𝒲𝒾𝓃𝒹𝒻𝓁🌸𝓌𝑒𝓇
  • Side: Union
« Reply #349 on: February 17, 2019, 06:58:55 am »
Alright polls over, no 8th team.

Free agent transactions will be done at the end of the week with the waiver wire, though since the teams are at 7 there will be some unbalance to the rankings for the waiver wire at the end of the first 1-2 weeks.

Offline VetroG

• Major General
  • LG, Gemeiner
    • View Profile
  • Nick: VetroG
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #350 on: February 17, 2019, 07:11:25 am »

Free agent transactions will be done at the end of the week with the waiver wire, though since the teams are at 7 there will be some unbalance to the rankings for the waiver wire at the end of the first 1-2 weeks.

Offline James22

• Second Lieutenant
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
  • Nick: semaj
« Reply #351 on: February 17, 2019, 07:18:51 am »
@nick

ima hit the dash paul walker

Offline VetroG

• Major General
  • LG, Gemeiner
    • View Profile

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #353 on: February 17, 2019, 08:10:48 am »
Yeah the first free agents first. Not all of them though on one team as that wouldn't be fair, they would be at a disadvantage.

I can't speak for the other undrafted players with perfectly certainty, but I suppose if we're the kind of players who who were passed over for the sort of players who actually got drafted in the seventh round, we're probably also the sort of players who would have been fine playing for the sake of playing. Or maybe that's just me being sanguine.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Suns

« Reply #354 on: February 17, 2019, 09:34:20 am »

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Brigadier General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Ligne_LtCol_Godfreid
« Reply #355 on: February 17, 2019, 09:45:18 am »
Yeah the first free agents first. Not all of them though on one team as that wouldn't be fair, they would be at a disadvantage.

I can't speak for the other undrafted players with perfectly certainty, but I suppose if we're the kind of players who who were passed over for the sort of players who actually got drafted in the seventh round, we're probably also the sort of players who would have been fine playing for the sake of playing. Or maybe that's just me being sanguine.

That's kind of what I was assuming tbh.

Sidenote: Who tf keeps voting with LG & 93rd official accounts lol?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 09:47:02 am by Stroke0fd34th »
“There is absolutely nothing that can
prepare you for a duel with a space wizard
wielding a plasma sword”

Suns

« Reply #356 on: February 17, 2019, 09:48:50 am »
movegaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Offline fireboy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • LG NCO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #357 on: February 17, 2019, 03:12:30 pm »

That's kind of what I was assuming tbh.

Sidenote: Who tf keeps voting with LG & 93rd official accounts lol?

BOAtroG

Offline VetroG

• Major General
  • LG, Gemeiner
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 17, 2019, 05:05:07 pm »
It wasn’t me seriously. The 93rd Account votes yes which I don’t want an 8th team so it was probably NickCole.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:08:57 pm by VetroG »

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ihaveaslightlybelowadveragepenis
« Reply #359 on: February 17, 2019, 08:55:46 pm »
Its kinda fucked up that people like Xethos signed up for the tournament on time and then weren't selected for idk why and now they don't get a chance to play. Like why weren't there enough teams for everyone that signed up originally to get picked thats a huge fuck up by flower and the other organizers. Idgaf about the guys who signed up like 2 weeks late but Xethos is deadass on the original player pool list. I think a new team should be made based on who ever signed up first. Which from what I can tell would be Xethos, Kenshaw, Citiuz and some others like Nickcole and Dio. Which wouldn't be that amazing of a team but at least mans would be able to compete.

Also the whole free agent idea in mount and blade is fucking retarded to begin with because theres only like 30 good players in the entire community and its a 4v4 tourny so one dude can completely change your team and make u god tier, so if like 2 people sign up late and get put on a mediocre team that drafted poorly and needs to improve by working together and getting better they can just skip all that and be the best team in the tourney overnight. Free agency makes sense sometimes but in warband its pretty stupid.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:59:10 pm by maccle »
huh