Author Topic: It's either me or him?  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: It's either me or him?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 05:17:05 am »
I just adore Internet hierarchy! Makes me feel powerful regardless over any social restriction.

I'm the only honest person here?

My policy indeed, they piss me off, I destroy them, use other computers to play as there name, get banned.

*not really, did that once though ;D*
Wow. What a nice guy.

Offline Rival Ze GOD

• Sergeant Major
  • I hurt people, nuff said.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Centurion
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 05:19:14 am »
What a kind and dreamy person, BTW, I  am part of the teens that hate anything besides country.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 05:20:37 am »
I luckily have not yet have somebody who has thrown this at me.

But if I was in your position I would...
Spoiler
GEEEVE DEM DA BAYOOONEEEET
[close]

I just adore Internet hierarchy! Makes me feel powerful regardless over any social restriction.

I'm the only honest person here?
Idk maybe for you I dont feel that powerful leading the FKI, Maybe its because I have done it so long.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:27:08 am by Millander »
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Comando96

• First Sergeant
  • If you see my name somewhere, it's most likely me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Comando96
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 05:28:24 am »
Idk maybe for you I dont feel that powerful leading the FKI, Maybe its because I have done it so long.

Been at it long enough to find out that a lot of "power" is an illusion?

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 05:55:26 am »
I find it more of a responsibility. For you as a regiment leader your job is to supply fun to your members through community and events. The reason you should have started your unit was to allow others to have fun and you should have fun through that. At least this is the philosophy I have garnered over the last 11 months.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:00:15 am by Millander »
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Johan

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [5teFKI]_Oberst_Johann
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 10:06:54 am »
To avoid these things you should follow the ranking system and not promote a recruit to a NCO instantly...

Offline LittleGuy

• Second Lieutenant
  • NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LittleGuy
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 10:34:32 am »
D: Fuck that. I'm the dictator. People who give me problems are simply removed. However, I've yet to run in to someone like that, and if I did I'd probably just boot them on the spot.

Offline Johan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 11:18:22 am »
Do that and you'll loose members, don't be such a <kitten> over people it's a video game after all. Follow the ranking system regardless if the recruit is good or bad, do that and you'll have 0 problems with people crying over ranks.

Don't use homophobic slurs.

EDIT: Sorry for saying that, it's just a common internet curse.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:31:55 pm by Johan »

Offline TheZach_Attack

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zach_Attack
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 01:13:50 pm »
I was in someone's TS and someone said that. He was banned in less than a second, gf gf.

Offline Marsh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 01:55:20 pm »
This is the reason my 51st disbanded, all my officers wanted the others out :/ in the end everyone was banning eachother and I couldn't get it under control, feel sorry for our ex-rankers and NCOs :'(

Offline Johan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 02:20:32 pm »
This is the reason my 51st disbanded, all my officers wanted the others out :/ in the end everyone was banning eachother and I couldn't get it under control, feel sorry for our ex-rankers and NCOs :'(

That's why you don't instantly promote people to a rank, you let them go through the ranks and while they do that you'll get to know them better.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 02:22:08 pm »
In the 7de I've pretty much always led with the idea that I don't have any power, but I have the respect of my players and that is why they listen to me. Because they can trust me to make sure they have fun even if we lose. However I've never tolerated people ruining other people's fun and anybody who did that was banned *cough cough* Gully *cough cough* because as the leader of the regiment it is my responsibility to provide for their fun, I took the task upon myself to lead them. I've been able to successfully resolve several "Either he goes or I go" situations without banning anybody and it all worked out in the end because people say stupid things that they don't mean, I just tell them to cool off and don't come back until they're thinking straight again. However if they are incapable of doing so then I see no need to keep them around.

Offline Saga

• Major General
  • Patiently waiting for BCOF since 2012.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 05:01:17 pm »
We had this situation in the 98th where 1 of my officers brought in his girlfriend into teamspeak and later Flash made her the secretary for the British army. Then along came a certain recruit who was pretty good at NW but started causing problems with said officer, as time passed things between them got to the point of utter hate towards each other and the officer had also broken up with his girlfriend recently. The recruit (now Private) took advantage of this and made a story that he was going out with my OCdt's X. This made him go completely bonkers and he started threatening me about either "me or him." Ultimately I decided to kick the Private out of the regiment and demote the OCdt to Cpl for not solving the issue himself, disturbing the CO with personal issues and admin abuse.

A warning to everyone that they should speak to their men and find out about any problems going on in their regiment before they get to the point where they start sending threats about "me or him"

Offline MPC

• Captain
  • Lt. Col. of The Royal Recruits.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits Website
  • Nick: -[TRR]-LtCol-MPC
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 05:42:39 pm »
The only way to rank up in TRR is if there's a spot open above, or if we have too many Privates to NCO/CO Ratio. Average promotion time for acting members is 2 years (Based on maturity and leadership skill, not weaponry skill). So yeah, it takes some time to get up in the ranks of TRR :). We even still have players that have been privates for 5 + years, much longer than the average lifespan of a regiment.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:44:13 pm by MPC »
Veteran BG2 player. Member of the glorious "The Royal Recruits". Founders of LB game play back in BG 1 and 2

Want to own a bit of TRR? Check out our online shop! -> http://www.cafepress.com/mpcsphotographyshop/9754721

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 06:22:32 pm »
I hate this thread!

Either you lock it right now, or I'm leaving!