Author Topic: 23rd Regiment of Foot "Royal Welch Fusiliers" [German but recruiting int.!]  (Read 35428 times)

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
  • Side: Union
Re: 23rd Regiment of Foot "Royal Welch Fusiliers" [German but recruiting int.!]
« Reply #330 on: September 02, 2019, 07:24:07 pm »
Hi, I study European Law. VonBergens 2 points are right. I've explained this before in a fucking 2k word post on some other thread. But the EU can only act on certain fields of law if that power is given to them by the member states.
Also, you don't need a law degree to make a statement about the EU. But an educated statement based on facts is worth more than your opinion on the matter. You can have your opinion, however that does not mean you are right. On the other hand, facts are facts and when they are laid down in law there is no denying their existence, no matter your opinion.
Couldnt +1 more

I never doubted your knowledge of EU law or challenged it. I simply questioned why you think doing EU law makes you more qualified on the question of "the EU taking on the trappings of statehood".

I simply said the EU is taking on the trappings of statehood. That is an opinion that millions of people share. You bogged yourself down mentioning EU law.

Your own defense to this argument is that the EU does not have sovereign *yet* which is of course true. The EU is not yet a state but that doesn't mean its doesn't have the whole mark characteristic of statehood. Anthem, courts, flag, political system, currency, citizenship, laws, borders etc.

Regardless, the EU will likely federalise in the future so this whole argument is pointless. The question that EU supporters like yourself have to ask yourself is whether you support federalisation or not.

Offline SilverBolt

• First Lieutenant
  • FatDragon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FatDragon
« Reply #331 on: September 02, 2019, 07:31:22 pm »
Hi, I study European Law. VonBergens 2 points are right. I've explained this before in a fucking 2k word post on some other thread. But the EU can only act on certain fields of law if that power is given to them by the member states.
Also, you don't need a law degree to make a statement about the EU. But an educated statement based on facts is worth more than your opinion on the matter. You can have your opinion, however that does not mean you are right. On the other hand, facts are facts and when they are laid down in law there is no denying their existence, no matter your opinion.
Couldnt +1 more

I never doubted your knowledge of EU law or challenged it. I simply questioned why you think doing EU law makes you more qualified on the question of "the EU taking on the trappings of statehood".

I simply said the EU is taking on the trappings of statehood. That is an opinion that millions of people share. You bogged yourself down mentioning EU law.

Your own defense to this argument is that the EU does not have sovereign *yet* which is of course true. The EU is not yet a state but that doesn't mean its doesn't have the whole mark characteristic of statehood. Anthem, courts, flag, political system, currency, citizenship, laws, borders etc.

Regardless, the EU will likely federalise in the future so this whole argument is pointless. The question that EU supporters like yourself have to ask yourself is whether you support federalisation or not.
So what is your point now?
The EU will probably federalise till the mid 21st century but first it has to regain the faith of its member states since it can only continue its path to statehood with their endorsement.
You always talk like its a bad thing while it really isnt

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
« Reply #332 on: September 02, 2019, 07:35:45 pm »
My point is that the EU is taking on the trappings of statehood and the EU will likely federalise. So Europhiles should stop denying their union and admit the EU will become a state.

Offline SilverBolt

• First Lieutenant
  • FatDragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 02, 2019, 07:39:52 pm »
I consider myself paneuropean so yeah. Im europhile and i acknowledge this process and look forward to it.
No one is denying it, its just your rethoric assumes that the EU acts against the consent of its memberstates which is just false since the memberstates are the only ones being able to do any EU-policies. The EU parliament (the one we vote for) cant do any legislation compared to the institutions which are appointed by MS's
As said, the EU will federalise but only with the endorsement of its members so im kind of happy youll pull through with your Brexit so the rest can focus on empowering Europe

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #334 on: September 02, 2019, 07:48:29 pm »
It is not a state right now. And what me and bergen are saying is that the EU CAN LEGGALY NOT federalise without the nations themselves giving the EU that power. Those nations, whose representatives are chosen democratically by the people, unless you're from britain I suppose, where democracy is only a thing whenever the PM feels like it.

Offline SilverBolt

• First Lieutenant
  • FatDragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 02, 2019, 07:51:47 pm »
It is not a state right now. And what me and bergen are saying is that the EU CAN LEGGALY NOT federalise without the nations themselves giving the EU that power. Those nations, whose representatives are chosen democratically by the people, unless you're from britain I suppose, where democracy is only a thing whenever the PM feels like it.
Basically what i said but Lawpeopleised
so +1

Offline 23rd Official

• Private
  • Proud Competitive Regiment of the German Community
    • View Profile
    • Teamspeak
« Reply #336 on: September 05, 2019, 09:39:14 pm »

Tonight the 23rd fought his first GF-Match after our second little Summer break. The match was also our first Match to prepare for the german GF-League starting soon. The 2.Lr is an old german Regiment, which was able to recruit a lot of new members, partly in comparison high skilled to what they were able to field before. Therefore the match was much more tense then we thought before, but in the end we were able to turn the fight to our favour.

23rd Regiment of Foot[15] vs. [12]2. Leib-Regiment

GG an das 2Lr!

Offline Von Bergen

• Best Kindergarten Teacher EU West
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
  • Nick: Jay Mc Lovin
« Reply #337 on: September 06, 2019, 07:19:26 pm »
Thread be like
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #338 on: September 06, 2019, 07:22:21 pm »
EU bad

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts

Offline SilverBolt

• First Lieutenant
  • FatDragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 08, 2019, 02:35:50 pm »
EU bad
4 pages of peer-revieved research on why your pp smol

Offline 23rd Official

• Private
  • Proud Competitive Regiment of the German Community
    • View Profile
    • Teamspeak
« Reply #341 on: September 13, 2019, 10:47:54 am »

Yesterday we had another Match in preperation for the upcoming german GF-League DGL. In a classical ft15 GF we Played against NotSwedish, the best active german GF Team at the Moment. Apart from one point in the middle, we were able to hold a stady advance for the whole Match. Chat was quite salty (also because of us), but all in all it was a fine and tense Match. Thx to NotSwedish and thx to our guys!

23rd Regiment of Foot[15] vs. [11]NotSwedish

GG to NotSwedish!

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #342 on: September 13, 2019, 12:40:08 pm »
nice

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
« Reply #343 on: September 13, 2019, 12:57:52 pm »

Offline Auror Davee

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2tesGFR_GBom_Davee
« Reply #344 on: September 13, 2019, 02:16:51 pm »

Yesterday we had another Match in preperation for the upcoming german GF-League DGL. In a classical ft15 GF we Played against NotSwedish, the best active german GF Team at the Moment. Apart from one point in the middle, we were able to hold a stady advance for the whole Match. Chat was quite salty (also because of us), but all in all it was a fine and tense Match. Thx to NotSwedish and thx to our guys!

23rd Regiment of Foot[15] vs. [11]NotSwedish

GG to NotSwedish!

So important that you post this here  :-* :) 8)