Author Topic: Napoleons Cup - NW World Championship  (Read 168915 times)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Napoleons Cup - NW World Championship
« Reply #1050 on: January 16, 2019, 04:23:34 pm »
Bare in mind in the groups of 4 that 3 teams will be going through.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1051 on: January 16, 2019, 04:23:56 pm »
I think those groups need some balancing
Ye, Gi is scared of NL/BE
The best 6 teams in regards to strength of community and leading are (in no particular order) CIS,GB,FRA,NL,GER,POL so it doesn't make a lot of sense if 3 of those 6 are in the same group (B), whilst group A you can clearly see is a weak group aside from Germany.

Also I would like to add, what is the point of groups if only 2 nations are going to be eliminated via them? It just seems like a massive waste of time and effort that will drag this tourney on for months.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 04:35:08 pm by Gi »

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #1052 on: January 16, 2019, 04:37:41 pm »
Bare in mind in the groups of 4 that 3 teams will be going through.
does that mean the teams in Group C are all guaranteed to advance? xd?
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 16, 2019, 04:38:31 pm »
The best 6 teams in regards to strength of community and leading are (in no particular order) CIS,GB,FRA,NL,GER,POL so it doesn't make a lot of sense if 3 of those 6 are in the same group (B), whilst group A you can clearly see is a weak group aside from Germany.

Also I would like to add, what is the point of groups if only 2 nations are going to be eliminated via them? It just seems like a massive waste of time and effort that will drag this tourney on for months.
3 will be eliminated. But yes I agree it isn't as many as we'd have liked but we didn't get as many nations as we'd hope to achieve the brackets we wanted. One more team and it'd have been 4 teams eliminated out of 12 which I believe would have been more fulfilling.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

yecgga

« Reply #1054 on: January 16, 2019, 04:41:30 pm »
Again if anyone is willing to provide a Germany hosted server it may be better for certain matches so please let Bergen or I know. :)

I can do that

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 16, 2019, 04:42:34 pm »
Again if anyone is willing to provide a Germany hosted server it may be better for certain matches so please let Bergen or I know. :)

I can do that
Great, when you get a chance if you can drop Bergen a message on Steam he setup the other servers today so I'm sure he won't mind doing one last one, thanks.

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #1056 on: January 16, 2019, 04:45:06 pm »

3 will be eliminated. But yes I agree it isn't as many as we'd have liked but we didn't get as many nations as we'd hope to achieve the brackets we wanted. One more team and it'd have been 4 teams eliminated out of 12 which I believe would have been more fulfilling.
Then you should cut the progressing teams down to 2, make it so that the two group winners with the largest amount of rounds get a free pass to the semi finals and make the other group winner and the 3 2nd placed teams fight it out. If you continue with this current rule set then the tourney will last for months with everyone losing interest.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #1057 on: January 16, 2019, 04:53:16 pm »

*ehm* RGL *erhmehm*

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #1058 on: January 16, 2019, 04:57:51 pm »
imagine this tourney finishing before the next gf NWWC :/ or leaving us all fed up of nation stuff and killing the NWWC we all want

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 16, 2019, 05:08:43 pm »
At the moment you only play 3 games in the group stage. That's 3 weeks.

Only the teams who then progress to the knockout rounds would then have to play a maximum of 4 games. That's 7 weeks, it's hardly long for a national tournament.

But I would be open to making a deadline for the group stage matches to be done in two weeks instead of 3. Just means you guys have to play two matches in one week at one point.

That would bring the tournament time down to around 6 weeks which should hardly be too long for people to lose interest.

Offline Von Bergen

• Best Kindergarten Teacher EU West
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
  • Nick: Jay Mc Lovin
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1060 on: January 16, 2019, 05:10:57 pm »
The idea is to have the numbers balanced for the final Stage, and if you look at the Schedule you can see that this is literally over in less than a month (at this point).
This brings me to my second (your first) point:

First the groups were randomly drawn. But also we left them like they were because they actual allow a balanced tournament because: We have two groups where 2 are striked and one group where 1 is striked. If we would put 6 stronger teams 2x in all 3 groups, most likely the weaker nations would stand no chance to reach the final stage. Group A got one stronger and 3 underdog Teams so that at least one Underdog can reach the final stage, Group B got 3 stronger but with NORDEN a quite strong Underdog so also a chance for them to beat at least two stronger teams, Group C got one strong team and two Underdogs while beeing the 3xGroup so also at least one gets through. That way we have a real chance of at least 3 underdogs beeing in the final stage and therefore a more balanced tournament. Of course the stronger teams have still the same chance of just beating the Underdogs in their matches.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 16, 2019, 05:14:57 pm »
In terms of length what I suggested in my above post would only make the tournament one week longer than if we did it Gi's way (if my head is thinking straight today).

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #1062 on: January 16, 2019, 05:15:49 pm »
In terms of length what I suggested in my above post would only make the tournament one week longer than if we did it Gi's way (if my head is thinking straight today).

your head is thinking gay dont lie
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 16, 2019, 05:26:00 pm »
Awesome one.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 16, 2019, 05:37:27 pm »
Should've just taken the 6 strong nations (GB, GER, FRA, NL, CIS, POL) and just randomly assigned two in each group. And after that you randomize the rest of the nations.