Author Topic: Napoleons Cup - NW World Championship  (Read 168790 times)

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleons Cup - NW World Championship
« Reply #975 on: January 10, 2019, 03:27:36 pm »
Yea I agree with Dayboul - since when is CZSK = CIS?
For everyone that thinks that is not fair i may mention that IRE is not part of GB still we let them play together, the Balkan team have nothing in common apart from the peninsula they come from, same goes for spain and portugal, team germany is a mix up out of 4 nations etc. etc.
The only "pure" teams in this roster are the polish and the french. You should not see nations added to a team as an unfair disadvantage, but as said as our way to include as many people from the international NW community as possible.
I dont care that much about the CZSK guys playing with CIS but this argument is bullshit. At least the above countries share a border and have a common/comparable language. Yes i know Slovakia shares a small border with Ukraine but that is a bit far fetched compared to cases like NL/BE and ESP/POR GB/IRE etc.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #976 on: January 10, 2019, 05:54:25 pm »
nobody cared enough to captain it and only hokej actually signed up as a player

the polaks didnt want us and as ive said before i cba to lead a 1v1 tourney, was contemplating not even playing myself, so the handful of czsk ppl got put into cis
lol just sign up the 56e  ;D

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #977 on: January 10, 2019, 06:23:02 pm »
nobody cared enough to captain it and only hokej actually signed up as a player

the polaks didnt want us and as ive said before i cba to lead a 1v1 tourney, was contemplating not even playing myself, so the handful of czsk ppl got put into cis
lol just sign up the 56e  ;D
aggo didnt want to captain and the rest of the community is unawares so idk

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #978 on: January 10, 2019, 06:31:49 pm »
Imagine trying to force people to make a team who don't want to make a team.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Von Bergen

• Best Kindergarten Teacher EU West
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
  • Nick: Jay Mc Lovin
« Reply #979 on: January 10, 2019, 06:37:41 pm »
Quote from: VonBergen
Due to the fact that there are many small national communitys coalitions will be allowed and play a vital round in this tournament. For example instead of team Germany you will most likely see a team representing the whole german speaking Community (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Lichtenstein etc.). Other possible Coalitions could be "Iberian Peninsula", "Team Balcan", "Tchechoslovakia" etc.. There will be no limits and no special rule governing the forming of coalitions, only the consent of the national communitys in question.

This whole debatte is just another case of "noone read the thread properly" tbh.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 10, 2019, 06:47:13 pm »
Due to the fact that there are many small national communitys coalitions will be allowed and play a vital round in this tournament. For example instead of team Germany you will most likely see a team representing the whole german speaking Community (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Lichtenstein etc.). Other possible Coalitions could be "Iberian Peninsula", "Team Balcan", "Tchechoslovakia" etc.. There will be no limits and no special rule governing the forming of coalitions, only the consent of the national communitys in question.

This whole debatte is just another case of "noone read the thread properly" tbh.
So that rule means that we can't debate it and voice our opinions?

Also, that rule is terribly worded. "National communities" as in the respective captains? So if me and Gi decided to merge GB/IRE and NL/BE we could? Or do the players decide?

Offline Tigere

• Major
  • Führer of best team de GF, Cazadores! RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TigNig
« Reply #981 on: January 10, 2019, 06:49:34 pm »
Rikkert stop being so toxic omg

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 10, 2019, 06:49:55 pm »

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
« Reply #983 on: January 10, 2019, 06:57:22 pm »

So that rule means that we can't debate it and voice our opinions?

Also, that rule is terribly worded. "National communities" as in the respective captains? So if me and Gi decided to merge GB/IRE and NL/BE we could? Or do the players decide?
To 1.: What of What i wrote let you thought this?

To 2.: National Communitys is a undefined term on purpose as questions like that depend on the certain case. So in your example: If you and Gi decide to merge and your teams are with you, yes it would be possible in General but you need to keep in mind why we do coalitions at all: to allow nations to play that cant Form a Team on their own (for any reason), (this my Friend is why your Team exists at all so you should understand that.) but GB/IRE and BL/NL are already able to Form a Team on their own so here coalition would be denied in the end.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 10, 2019, 07:31:36 pm »
What of What i wrote let you thought this?
What you said looked like an easy way to dismiss all criticism, without actually dealing with any of it. (it does not matter what you guys post, they can decide themselves). I was just voicing my opinion, it was not an attempt to influence them to change their decision.
National Communitys is a undefined term on purpose as questions like that depend on the certain case. So in your example: If you and Gi decide to merge and your teams are with you, yes it would be possible in General but you need to keep in mind why we do coalitions at all: to allow nations to play that cant Form a Team on their own (for any reason), (this my Friend is why your Team exists at all so you should understand that.) but GB/IRE and BL/NL are already able to Form a Team on their own so here coalition would be denied in the end.
First of all, the NL/BE coalition is not why my team exists. I can field a 100% dutch team easily. The coalition was made to give the Belgian players a chance to play. Same with GB/IRE and same with CIS/CZSK. I understand why you would deny a GB/NL coalition, that was more of a joke.

But if "allowing nations to play that can't otherwise form" is the criteria, then any random small Eastern European nation could say: "We want to be part of CIS. Regardless of what language we speak, regardless of the fact that we have nothing in common and that our nations are 500 km apart. " (i'm not saying that this is the case with CIS/CZSK) Still, what I'm trying to say is that the rules that you apply to this coalition stuff seem to be highly arbitrary. This leads to people complaining on the forums. Which it did, and then you dismissed the complaints by quoting a rule. I just thought that was odd, which is why I asked for clarification.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:34:02 pm by RikRekt »

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 10, 2019, 08:48:57 pm »
It is not, but as CZSK was not able to form a team Herishey and me decided to let them play in other slavic teams if they want, as we want as many people in the tournament as possible. Poland rejected to take them and the Balkan Team is "even more far away", so the CIS team is the logical choice. The CIS is a political construct like the NATO, it has no forcing impact on the forming of teams in a NW tournament, they just choosed the name to give an idea of the region the players are from.

For everyone that thinks that is not fair i may mention that IRE is not part of GB still we let them play together, the Balkan team have nothing in common apart from the peninsula they come from, same goes for spain and portugal, team germany is a mix up out of 4 nations etc. etc.
The only "pure" teams in this roster are the polish and the french. You should not see nations added to a team as an unfair disadvantage, but as said as our way to include as many people from the international NW community as possible.
trust me if IRE could have made there own team they would have... Unfortunately Grela was not available for captaincy smfh

Spoiler
Add/Remove:
Add:
Player: Grela as Co-cpt , Basajaun , Nathan, Barbas ,
Remove:
Player:  Chicken , Metalthunder, Marquez , Mr_T , Antonio , Scarta , Darklight , Charlini , Tenford ,
Nation: Spain
ID: TBA
[close]

Offline retamar123

• First Lieutenant
  • I'M WITH THE REAL MAAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 10, 2019, 08:57:26 pm »
So so South America people could come with ESP right?
“I hate people who are two faced, if you don’t like me then stop pretending like you do.”

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
« Reply #987 on: January 10, 2019, 08:59:05 pm »
What of What i wrote let you thought this?
What you said looked like an easy way to dismiss all criticism, without actually dealing with any of it. (it does not matter what you guys post, they can decide themselves). I was just voicing my opinion, it was not an attempt to influence them to change their decision.
National Communitys is a undefined term on purpose as questions like that depend on the certain case. So in your example: If you and Gi decide to merge and your teams are with you, yes it would be possible in General but you need to keep in mind why we do coalitions at all: to allow nations to play that cant Form a Team on their own (for any reason), (this my Friend is why your Team exists at all so you should understand that.) but GB/IRE and BL/NL are already able to Form a Team on their own so here coalition would be denied in the end.
First of all, the NL/BE coalition is not why my team exists. I can field a 100% dutch team easily. The coalition was made to give the Belgian players a chance to play. Same with GB/IRE and same with CIS/CZSK. I understand why you would deny a GB/NL coalition, that was more of a joke.

But if "allowing nations to play that can't otherwise form" is the criteria, then any random small Eastern European nation could say: "We want to be part of CIS. Regardless of what language we speak, regardless of the fact that we have nothing in common and that our nations are 500 km apart. " (i'm not saying that this is the case with CIS/CZSK) Still, what I'm trying to say is that the rules that you apply to this coalition stuff seem to be highly arbitrary. This leads to people complaining on the forums. Which it did, and then you dismissed the complaints by quoting a rule. I just thought that was odd, which is why I asked for clarification.
No because what you need to understand it that the rule states "that there is no rule". That means, as mentoined before: The question if a coalition will be allowed will be to be decided on a single case basis. That means that in every single situation we take all the circumstances in mind, and here (as you yourself agreed on more or less) letting them play for CIS was the most logical choice as we want to include as many nations as possible. You can in fact complain about this on this thread and i am happy if people raise their voice to make this tournament better, but if your complaint (not yours in particular Rik) is just "this is unlogical" you should may take in mind that we as organizers take enough effort to base our decisions on a logical basis (like in the particular Case CZSK&CIS)

So so South America people could come with ESP right?
We actually got this request and Herishey and me found it so random that we just said let them choose between USA and ESP, at least in ESP they can be leaded in their own language.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish

Offline Grela

• First Lieutenant
  • "The lion from the north"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CI_5toReg_Cpt_Grela
« Reply #989 on: January 10, 2019, 09:32:54 pm »
It is not, but as CZSK was not able to form a team Herishey and me decided to let them play in other slavic teams if they want, as we want as many people in the tournament as possible. Poland rejected to take them and the Balkan Team is "even more far away", so the CIS team is the logical choice. The CIS is a political construct like the NATO, it has no forcing impact on the forming of teams in a NW tournament, they just choosed the name to give an idea of the region the players are from.

trust me if IRE could have made there own team they would have... Unfortunately Grela was not available for captaincy smfh
I'm too famous

JSC 2013-2015 (Fus) | 64RegGal 2016-2018 (Col)| 1erBG 2018-2020(Col) | 5to 2020 (Cpt)