Author Topic: Developer Blog 31 - Battle Cry of Freedom Part2  (Read 16405 times)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
Developer Blog 31 - Battle Cry of Freedom Part2
« on: November 10, 2018, 07:17:53 pm »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:02:19 pm by Vincenzo »

Offline Aztir

• Donator
  • The Ginger Ninja + 77y Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 31 - Battle Cry of Freedom Part2
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 07:23:26 pm »
Keep it up !

Offline Mark

• Donator
  • Mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mark
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 07:31:02 pm »
Bullets no longer leave the gun at random angles like some horribly inaccurate laser rifle as you might have experienced in earlier games of this period.
Dayummm son!

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
  • Official Server Admin and Language Nerd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_E77_Savs
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 08:52:59 pm »
Looks cool! Keep up the good work!
Wanna know what a wug is? Read here!

Juice_Kelly: no one wants to be savs, he's the biggest firegiant on the server.

Offline GenCorcoran

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 09:02:52 pm »
I have one question, I've been away from this forum and game for a while,  I played "that other ACW online FPS" and wonder if BCF will be more user friendly as I'd like to call it, with lower graphical requirements so I don't have to buy a new computer, that other game was soooo slow, yes graphics were good but I'd rather play a smooth, fast and fun ACW game with not the best graphics available. If so then I'm in and will support this game.

Online Ted

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 09:13:26 pm »
Good boy, this looks really promising and actually quite polished. I like the feeling of shooting by the looks of it already, the whole movement looks smooth and the shot itself as frightening as it should be, especially with the revolver. One can really see and probably feel the power that is unleashed by pulling the trigger, much better than in many other shooters where it just doesnt get the edge. It's quite obvious that you actually know out of own experience what you're trying to achieve and I think that you're on a great way of getting to that goal. Bravo to you!

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 09:19:28 pm »
I have one question, I've been away from this forum and game for a while,  I played "that other ACW online FPS" and wonder if BCF will be more user friendly as I'd like to call it, with lower graphical requirements so I don't have to buy a new computer, that other game was soooo slow, yes graphics were good but I'd rather play a smooth, fast and fun ACW game with not the best graphics available. If so then I'm in and will support this game.

We are trying to get the game going on older/worse machines, but tbh. we can not promise wonders. We are dealing with Unity Engine here, which is a bitch to get working right...
That being said, we have not really tested on older machines yet as our machines are usually above average-average. That's why we will need testers soon, so that we can test it more carefully. We are offering the player to change ANY settings that we can expose so hopefully that will help in getting the game both run and look as you personally like it.

Offline Knightmare

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: end
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 09:25:02 pm »
tl:dr reload with r

Offline Gatts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • no one will provoke me with impunity
    • View Profile
    • 88th Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: 88th_Col_Gatts
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 09:26:59 pm »
Make it reload with lmb pls, k thx

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 09:33:40 pm »
I think FSE just made a 2000% increase in their blog posts within the span of a month.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2018, 09:35:29 pm »
Make it reload with lmb pls, k thx

That won't work, as in firing mode the left mouse button is reserved to firing now. Just like right mouse button is reserved to aiming. That's the reason you can now dryfire. It also makes using repeaters easier and more straightforward.

Offline GenCorcoran

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2018, 09:38:17 pm »

We are trying to get the game going on older/worse machines, but tbh. we can not promise wonders. We are dealing with Unity Engine here, which is a bitch to get working right...
That being said, we have not really tested on older machines yet as our machines are usually above average-average. That's why we will need testers soon, so that we can test it more carefully. We are offering the player to change ANY settings that we can expose so hopefully that will help in getting the game both run and look as you personally like it.

Thank you for the quick reply, I don't have an old machine but I was so disappointed with "that other game", the graphical engine was so heavy everything felt like it was in slow motion even with my relatively new machine and on lower settings. Also I love that you're planning out not just one battle but many.

Online John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 09:44:24 pm »
So how frequent are these blogs going to be?

Quite honestly anyone I have spoken to agree that the last one should really have just been an add on to one like this.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2018, 09:49:07 pm »
We will post a bunch more of these and after that we should have covered most of the important stuff that is in the game at the moment. We will then instead go over to posting a blog every week or every 2nd week (not yet been decided) about our most recent progress and what we have done in our twice weekly meetings/tests. Those blogs won't necessarily be long or very interesting, but they will keep everyone up to date about what is going on.

Offline VetroG

• Brigadier General
  • 15e SoD & 18th Rct & N.W.A GF Team & NWGL Referee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: VetroG
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2018, 09:57:39 pm »
Cool.