Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ♞ Hussars Rated (EU) ♞ UPDATES THROUGHOUT CCL
« Reply #300 on: February 05, 2019, 07:36:23 am »
It at that point wouldnt be a general list of everything combined into what makes a single player great, but multiple lists of some things a particular player may be me good at. I think what makes a player great over good is the combination of all functions of one class.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #301 on: February 05, 2019, 09:31:31 am »
I agree but let's be frank, these lists don't use a very scientific formula to calculate every player's rankings. With 100+ players constantly changing and some new players being added-up, it would be impossible to keep up with. Whenever someone has to rate someone else, they try to make an actual picture of their skills, compared to other players already in the list and give them a ranking supposed to represent their current form. For 90+, you might be easily capable to define in details what they are good at, but for many other, I think we agree its more of a general observation.

I am just pointing out that every player has unique skills and that taken out of a list's context, an 84 or a 91 doesn't mean much. Some players are not considered extremely powerful however they can possess one attribute in their skill-play which makes them rather complicated to deal with in a certain situation and I believe that's what categories would be useful at.

As we already pointed out, however, that's not a one-man job. I believe updating a list of active EU cavalry players is not an easy task if you intend to make it as accurate as possible. But would you consider getting the help of a few people to share regular opinions on such a list, then I would suggest again to bring more details to the picture.

We already talked about it on steam, so I think you know what my opinion is. I strongly believe that the mistake of several of these lists is to focus too much on trying to make an average ranking of all the strong individualities and denying the fact that we may not all be equal in term of skill, but we however all bring something to this scene. It's not that I dislike the current rankings, I think there are fun and I know that while many people will freely hate on it just to act like the cool guys who don't care about rankings, a lot check it on a daily basis and that's a positive thing because it keeps the competitiveness of the scene thrilling.

I just think there are many more categories in which people are capable to shine. Working on them is time confusing, and not easy to make accurate but at the end of the day, its what will make your list representative of the current state of the scene.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 09:33:54 am by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 05, 2019, 10:16:17 am »
Good points, can't argue with those.

If there are cavalry veterans (Dokle, Major, Rival, Remao, etc) or very observant and mechanically understanding players like Tardet, that would like to help me out with this; please hit me up with a message or add me on steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ciiges

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 05, 2019, 01:00:05 pm »
One thing which would be cool and which I regret not having implemented for the CCL is tournament statistics. There are clearly people such as Wustenkreiger who knows their shit when it comes to script / date usage and are capable to work out proper statistic tables like Yamipirate does on Native.

Them being willing to take of their free-time to update statistic for tournament is another story however the good thing with the cavalry scene is that people don't feel the need to 'spam' tournaments to keep the scene alive so I imagine finding out people with the required skill set and time is doable.

That way, you could base rankings on real statistics which at the end of the day, is the only viable way to have the most accurate picture of players' skills.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 01:01:53 pm by Tardet »

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 05, 2019, 01:27:08 pm »
I completely agree with Tardet, I remember when it was introduced into the native scene. It's a big succes and raises competitiveness even more.

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #305 on: February 05, 2019, 01:38:17 pm »
One thing which would be cool and which I regret not having implemented for the CCL is tournament statistics. There are clearly people such as Wustenkreiger who knows their shit when it comes to script / date usage and are capable to work out proper statistic tables like
I offered to make those, it would be no problem to create them,
the problem is, that the referees would be in need to use a correct tool, to set games correctly live. We dont want to have statistics of people just killing each other outside of a match, not speaking of incompetence, or potential abuse by referees to boost their stats.

We do have stats from the last 2-3 years of the cavgf eu, which are quite interesting for some players on this list here.
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 05, 2019, 02:07:34 pm »
Isnt it possible for a certain line to be said by admins when it's live, anything under that would count as official statistics.

Lets say tardet admins 4e vs 5e and he says "fucking whatever" you could search that specific piece of text in the logs and then count from there? Or am I missing something really retarded here?

Big Update on its way soon

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 05, 2019, 02:17:51 pm »
One thing which would be cool and which I regret not having implemented for the CCL is tournament statistics. There are clearly people such as Wustenkreiger who knows their shit when it comes to script / date usage and are capable to work out proper statistic tables like
the problem is, that the referees would be in need to use a correct tool, to set games correctly live. We dont want to have statistics of people just killing each other outside of a match, not speaking of incompetence, or potential abuse by referees to boost their stats.

We do have stats from the last 2-3 years of the cavgf eu, which are quite interesting for some players on this list here.

Yes I know but as I told you, unless you are capable of retrieving the state of the three first weeks, it doesn't make much sense to add them while the competition is already live as the stats would only partially represent the performances of the players in this competition. It's my bad, I must admit I had other concerns when I organized the CCL and didn't think about it.

I am not sure how Yami does it on Native but at one point, I think there was a way to count the match as 'live' in order to make sure the correct stats were saved (and not before/after).

Offline Olof

• Sergeant Major
  • I bring out Folo when I'm angry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Olof
« Reply #308 on: February 05, 2019, 02:40:22 pm »
Where is my nr1 spot for best teamplayer?
Image from Gyazo" width="274

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 05, 2019, 03:44:53 pm »

Yes I know but as I told you, unless you are capable of retrieving the state of the three first weeks, it doesn't make much sense to add them while the competition is already live as the stats would only partially represent the performances of the players in this competition. It's my bad, I must admit I had other concerns when I organized the CCL and didn't think about it.

I am not sure how Yami does it on Native but at one point, I think there was a way to count the match as 'live' in order to make sure the correct stats were saved (and not before/after).

We could add it for the second half of the league.
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
« Reply #310 on: February 06, 2019, 12:45:09 am »
ii should be on thiis liist
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

Offline Silen

• Second Lieutenant
  • KGL 1st Hussars - Hussar
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 06, 2019, 12:29:27 pm »
ii should be on thiis liist

haha nice joke

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile