Author Topic: Speeches about the abolition of slavery in the US  (Read 928 times)

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
Speeches about the abolition of slavery in the US
« on: March 17, 2013, 10:52:51 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm about to prepare myself for an examn this summer where my subject will be the abolition of slavery in the US. It's in English and History, and all I pretty much need is a few speeches to be used both as historical sources but also for rethorical analysis in english.

I already have the House Divided speech by Abraham Lincoln which is probably going to be my main source as it's quite long, very well known and can be used in both subjects.

So what other speeches would you guys recommend me? They don't have to be so long, would be nice with some shorter ones actually. Any help is very welcome!
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Rogov

• Second Lieutenant
  • Moose are cool.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Hsr_Ofr_Rogov
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Speeches about the abolition of slavery in the US
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 02:01:21 am »
Hehe, I'm taking a history course on slavery in the Americas this semester myself (writing a paper on slave runaways as I speak). We're only just starting on abolition, but I might be able to provide some stuff in the coming weeks. ;)