Author Topic: 93rd Regiment of Foot - Sutherland Highlanders  (Read 35673 times)

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
Re: 93rd Regiment of Foot - Sutherland Highlanders
« Reply #195 on: July 03, 2013, 11:55:12 pm »
 I adjusted the hat, this time I trusted my gut more. I just have this feeling that it's now TOO pronounced. What do you all think?

Old
New

Personally, my main problem with the new one is it's 2-D look. Does anyone else agree? I'm thinking the left half should be noticeably darker than the right half, which should be lighter.

Excuse the feather on the old one, by the way. Noticed after I uploaded that I merged the layers wrongly, just try to ignore it...

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2013, 12:18:36 am »
Looks good!
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 04, 2013, 02:15:47 am »
Alright... this is the last you'll see of this guy before I finish the full uniform diagram.

Opinions, please!

Offline Murphy

• Donator
  • Merfie
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Lt_John_Fiennes
« Reply #198 on: July 04, 2013, 02:44:58 am »
Really nice mate.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2013, 08:37:13 am »
 Some of us decided to spend the night playing Persistant Frontier. We formed the Scots' Guard and defended several attacks from both Americans and Natives, before eventually attacking America in a ruthless slaughter, when I was elected leader by someone out of the regiment. We reduced the players of America by about 10 before finally going to peace. I think every attacker there filled their pockets with a few thousand gold, including myself. Twas quite fun.

Happy 4th, everybody.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2013, 09:07:02 am »
 Had more fun today in PF. We formed the Nova Scotia, and last several, several hours as that. I was leading a good seven hours straight! :o

We had a load of fun, we learned a lot, we pillaged and ransacked. We captured a fort from the British! Then shit went downhill, as it hit the fan.

I first went on a mining expedition with one of my members. Out of the part, we were attacked by bandits, and forced to give up 1,000 gold each. I payed mine, and after things began to get heated as my partner struggled to pay, I paid for him. Instantly after, he paid 1,000 more,  resulting in us overpaying by 1,000 gold.

Then we mined. We returned back to one of our forts with a full cart of ore. My partner had gotten distracted and went elsewhere as I pulled into the fort, and out of no where, a native savage cut my throat and spilled my guts, stealing 3,000+ gold from me, and much more still from two of my faction members who were unfortunately there to not realized the assault was happening.

I managed to make peace with the tribe which such savage belonged to, and was given 2,000 gold in compensation from them. When I returned to the fort at which I was unfortunately slain, I was given 10,000 gold from one of my weaponsmiths upon request after I brought up the ore that my partner and I had been mining for quite an amount of time and went through such a heavy ordeal to get.

We were at war with the British, I managed to get a small tribe of natives to join us, and of course, they did nothing. Upon arriving to my other fort, I was ambushed by a Englishman, who proceeded to steal approximately 3-4 thousand of my gold. Upon respawn, I fought hard on my own to protect the fort, only to be slain again under uneven circumstances, and lost another 3-4 thousand of my gold. When leaving the fort, I was shocked to find that the admins had still not yet called off the war, after the English had won! Thus, I was killed right outside of my armory, losing once again, you guessed it, 3-4 thousand of my gold.

At the end, the admin told me that I had to rename my faction. That was the only reason my the enemy was at war with me. They apparently didn't like my faction's name. I was put farther into the whole with every positive lump sum of money I received.

Oh, Persistent Frontier. The game I love and I hate. Right now, I want to strangle it with barbed wire until it bleeds into its lungs and suffocates to death.

Never playing that piece of shit again.

On an unrelated note... look at how stupid my life is!

http://wastedonsteam.com/usd/id/siraudiate

Offline Cop

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cop
« Reply #201 on: July 06, 2013, 09:16:22 am »
How are my sexy highlanders?

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2013, 09:17:42 am »
How are my sexy highlanders?

Particularly funky. I think I'm going to swap out a linebattle tomorrow with a jazz-bass section.

Offline Cop

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cop
« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2013, 09:24:19 am »
Sounds like fun.

Why didn't the Mayor of Funkytown know about this?

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2013, 09:24:57 am »
 No reason in particular.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 10, 2013, 03:33:47 am »
 It is finished, save the ranks, which I'm not going to bother with until I figure out which I'd want to use. I'll figure out what to do with it later.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #206 on: July 10, 2013, 04:01:26 am »
Audi, that is very good! Can you do one similar for the LLL?

So, I was wondering if you could one of your mont-saint-jean style soldier previews.

The request:

Regiment Name: Loyal Lusitanian Legion
Regiment Type: Light Infantry and Artillery
Aligned Faction: United Kingdom
Origin: Portuguese Expatriates
Thread: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=6311.0

The below quote is from Beta's Shack as a request for a reskin. I think the info and pictures will work nicely. The flag in the pictures is the correct flag, the banner in the flag reads: Leal LegiĆ£o Lusitana

Unit name: Loyal Lusitanian Legion
Unit type: Light Infantry and Artillery
What unit do you want me to replace it with: UK 51st Light Infantry, UK Artillery
What Faction: United Kingdom

To distinguish the officer and the ensign, please use a bicorne, like in the last pack for the infantry officer only, they also ave a red sash, the ensign does not. The ensign in the infantry should use the officer uniform, but with the shako. The bugler/cornet for the infantry uses the same uniform as the rankers. If you can, please include the backpack that the British infantry use. Artillery ranker wore no coat, just their white undershirt, but if you don't want to do that, you can include their overcoat. The artillery train should use the same uniform as the ranker of the infantry. Also, if you're up for it, the infantry had a British light infantry insignia on the back of their hat, the artillery had an artillery insignia

Stockpile of pictures, hon.

[close]

If you could do the order like this, from left to right:

Two Light Infantry rankers, Light Infantry Sergeant, Two Artillery Ranker (One with green-coat, one with white shirt), Artillery Sergeant, Hornist, Color Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain. Total of ten units.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 10, 2013, 04:07:53 am »
 Calm down, I've seen you quote that like three times now. And maybe. ::)

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 10, 2013, 05:11:15 am »
 I'm almost certain that people are afraid of posting on this thread.

P.S. I spilled soda on my keyboard, making it extremely difficult to type. Here's the same thing I just typed without any corrections made.

I'm a4lmost c*erbtin tht people rbefrbid f posting on this thrbed.aa aaaa

P.s. I spilled sod on my keyb6oa4rbd, mking it extrbemely dfic*u4lt to type. herbe's the sa4me thing i ju4st typed w,itho4ut ny c*orbrbec*tions ma4de.aiafffa

[/i]

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #209 on: July 10, 2013, 07:08:07 am »
Calm down, I've seen you quote that like three times now. And maybe. ::)

Uhm, that's the first time...