Author Topic: 91st Regiment of Foot (Argyllshire Highlanders)  (Read 216234 times)

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 91st Regiment of Foot (Argyllshire Highlanders)
« Reply #2235 on: April 03, 2019, 12:53:24 pm »
Leaving the european union =/= leaving the tectonic plate m8

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 03, 2019, 12:57:06 pm »
we will just extend our land to the island, done it before  8) 8)

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2237 on: April 03, 2019, 01:20:24 pm »
Technically you're still a European. And will probably be for a while with how great your government is handling it. And even if you leave the EU youre still part of the continent.   ;)

I made a point about Europeans lacking humour and you all bring up geography and politics. My point is proven. Our government is a mess but we have a proud history of kicking German arse, we can't win the war every time. Question is, what comes first Brexit or Bannerlord?

Spoiler
The British Isles may be located in the continent of Europe but it doesn't mean the people feel European. Ireland is in the British Isles, yet many Irish would froth at the mouth to be considered British.  And the EU doesn't have a monopoly on "Europeanism". Just ask the Swiss and Norwegians. If I was born in Africa, I certainly wouldn't identify with sub-saharan black Africa. Far as I am concerned the EU has done more to damage European values then Hitler or Stalin - free movement with the Islamic world is bringing many disasters. 
[close]

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 01:25:18 pm by sirkaide »

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anoobis
« Reply #2238 on: April 03, 2019, 01:25:18 pm »
Technically you're still a European. And will probably be for a while with how great your government is handling it. And even if you leave the EU youre still part of the continent.   ;)

Spoiler
The British Isles may be located in the continent of Europe but it doesn't mean the people feel European. Ireland is in the British Isles, yet many Irish would froth at the mouth to be considered British.  And the EU doesn't have a monopoly on "Europeanism". Just ask the Swiss and Norwegians.  Far as I am concerned the EU has done more to damage European values then Hitler or Stalin - free movement with the Islamic world!
[close]

I don't think Irish want to be British, since Ireland is much richer than the uk, would only mean they have to give money to the uk  ;). also the Swiss and Norwegians are basicly in the EU only not in name.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #2239 on: April 03, 2019, 01:35:51 pm »
Ireland is much richer than the uk, would only mean they have to give money to the uk  ;)

You do realise Ireland still owes the UK taxpayer from the 2011 bailout?
Spoiler
"Ireland now owes about €44.5 billion. This comprises €22.5 billion to the EFSM, €18.4 billion to the EFSF and £3.2 billion (€3. 6 billion) to the UK" - Irish times.
[close]

London GDP alone is double Ireland's entire GDP. Not sure what you how you're measuring "richer". What is certainly embarrassing is that there are more Irish Citizens in the British Army then the Irish Army. European security rests entirely on the goodwill of the USA, UK and France. Switzerland will never join the EU. Direct Democracy is something that is alien to the EU.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 01:39:41 pm by sirkaide »

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 03, 2019, 01:38:40 pm »
You can feel european and still not identify with the global collective of the European Union.
I am Western European, my ancestors were Dutch, migrated to South Africa whilst some went back to Germany before WW2.
I can still say, oh yeah I love Western Europe whilst identifying with my specific ancestry, one doesn't nullify the other.
Now when you put ''European culture'' above ''national culture'' then there's the issue.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 01:40:57 pm by Piercee »

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 03, 2019, 01:42:15 pm »
Ireland is much richer than the uk, would only mean they have to give money to the uk  ;)

Spoiler
"Ireland now owes about €44.5 billion. This comprises €22.5 billion to the EFSM, €18.4 billion to the EFSF and £3.2 billion (€3. 6 billion) to the UK".
[close]

London GDP alone is double Ireland's entire GDP. Not sure what you how you're measuring "richer". Switzerland will never join the EU. Direct Democracy is something that is alien to the EU.

Well I don't look at totals, but look at per capita. the gdp per capita for this statement which is for ireland: 77,861$ and for the uk: 42,593$ in 2018. Also Ireland is 68% in debt and uk 87%. Also Ireland has 4%+ growth figures, meanwhile the uk almost 2%. Luxembourg is a rich country right? but if you look at the total it is not that much indeed. But it would be stupid to look at totals imo.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #2242 on: April 03, 2019, 01:44:20 pm »
You can feel european and still not identify with the phalacy of the European Union.
I am Western European, my ancestors were Dutch, migrated to South Africa whilst some went back to Germany before WW2.
I can still say, oh yeah I love Western Europe whilst identifying with my specific ancestry, one doesn't nullify the other.
Now when you put ''European culture'' above ''national culture'' then there's the issue.

Well said. Ethnic heritage is important and the EU has no claim to "Europeanism". Our history remains tied to our Judo-Christian values and the Ancient Greek and Roman world. There's been a nice bit of Germanic and later Slavic inclusion into Christendom.

Many British people align with Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA over the European Nations, whether that's in or out of the EU. The Anglo world and Commonwealth is simply more global and more suited to British values and history.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: April 03, 2019, 01:44:48 pm »
Direct Democracy is something that is alien to the EU.
And I'm glad that it is lmao. Brexit has shown how much of a failure direct democracy is. The average person knows fuck all about the consequences of major decisions. These decisions should be left to politicians that take advice from actual experts on the subject.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 01:52:46 pm by Rikkert »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 03, 2019, 01:46:08 pm »
I mean fuck the blacks amirite
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: April 03, 2019, 01:50:23 pm »
You can feel european and still not identify with the phalacy of the European Union.

Well said. Ethnic heritage is important and the EU has no claim to "Europeanism". Our history remains tied to our Judo-Christian values and the Ancient Greek and Roman world. There's been a nice bit of Germanic and later Slavic inclusion into Christendom.

Many British people align with Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA over the European Nations, whether that's in or out of the EU. The Anglo world and Commonwealth is simply more global and more suited to British values and history.

This is also why pan europeanism will never work in practise, because it tries to combine every kind of European culture into one giant nation, which then turns into people hating eachother even more. There's alot of nations that have atleast some kind of hate towards eachother due to reasons in history, Poland and Ukraine. Hungary and the other gypsy nations due to previous wars.
To be fair there's even some memeing still between the Netherlands and Germany eventhough the hate has passed quite alot since the 80s.
Tbh I'm glad there's some difference, it makes culture great atleast, if there's only one culture then there's pretty much no culture since it's a cesspool of shit that doesn't work together.
I can enjoy myself in a nation far away from mine and respect their culture, it being THEIR culture. But when the local pajeet suddenly starts shitting on the sidewalk infront of my house, nah mate that's too much enrichment even for me..

8) 8) 8)

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #2246 on: April 03, 2019, 01:56:02 pm »
Atleast this dead regiment's thread is good for something 8)

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #2247 on: April 03, 2019, 01:56:23 pm »

Spoiler
"Ireland now owes about €44.5 billion. This comprises €22.5 billion to the EFSM, €18.4 billion to the EFSF and £3.2 billion (€3. 6 billion) to the UK".
[close]

London GDP alone is double Ireland's entire GDP. Not sure what you how you're measuring "richer". Switzerland will never join the EU. Direct Democracy is something that is alien to the EU.

Well I don't look at totals, but look at per capita. the gdp per capita for this statement which is for ireland: 77,861$ and for the uk: 42,593$ in 2018. Also Ireland is 68% in debt and uk 87%. Also Ireland has 4%+ growth figures, meanwhile the uk almost 2%. Luxembourg is a rich country right? but if you look at the total it is not that much indeed. But it would be stupid to look at totals imo.

Ireland has a good economy because it attracts giant American corporations such as Google and Microsoft. Are you arguing for free market economics? Good because the EU is the exact opposite. Ireland is attractive because:
  • Access to (EU) Single Market.
  • English speaking and relations to the UK and USA
  • Corporation tax of 1%

The EU is forcing Ireland to accept more tax, even though the Irish government doesn't want it. Ireland for all purposes is no longer a sovereign country but a state of the EU. The state of Texas has more control over itself then Ireland.

Ireland certainly isn't considered a great country because not many people move there unlike many other European countries. Ireland actually suffers the opposite. Too many people are leaving Ireland, mostly for the UK. 20% of the Irish people emigrated out of Ireland between 1940 to the modern day. My father left Ireland and couldn't be happier.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 01:59:14 pm by sirkaide »

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: April 03, 2019, 02:06:35 pm »
I know what a tax haven is., the Dutch and Irish are working together in that field :P.  Arguing about free markets, where are you getting that from? what does Ireland's relation with the uk have to do with being a tax haven and attracting businesses from america? using figures from 1940- till now is stupid, in Ireland's case they have grown enormously in the last decades. It was really bad after 1940 but now its much better. Also Ireland is ranked higher in happiness indexes. Uk are overestimating themselves way to much I think, partly this caused the brexit vote to be yes imo.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: April 03, 2019, 02:13:12 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Ireland has a good economy because it attracts giant American corporations such as Google and Microsoft. Are you arguing for free market economics? Good because the EU is the exact opposite. Ireland is attractive because:
  • Access to (EU) Single Market.
  • English speaking and relations to the UK and USA
  • Corporation tax of 1%

The EU is forcing Ireland to accept more tax, even though the Irish government doesn't want it. Ireland for all purposes is no longer a sovereign country but a state of the EU. The state of Texas has more control over itself then Ireland.
The problem with Ireland is that companies use it as a tax haven (same with the Netherlands). According to you tax evasion is okay because it is in line with free market economics?!?! Doesn't matter if it hurts competition, consumers? Rich companies are just allowed to dodge taxes, swallow the whole market and eliminate all competition that way.
Saying that texas has more sovereignty than ireland is a joke and shows that you have 0 knowledge of european law.  If there is a regulation harmonising a sensitive field of law there is always a 'rule of reason' which a country may use to protect a public interest that they have. People who just spew random shit like you without having any knowledge on the subject annoy the living shit out of me.