Author Topic: Objective based linebattles  (Read 3888 times)

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
Objective based linebattles
« on: March 13, 2013, 08:09:05 pm »
I wasn't sure if this should belong in the suggestions board, but oh well, here it is. I have been thinking about it, and I would like to see objective based linebattles. For the events, you could have regiments sign up to be an attacker or defender, so the  sides are balanced (more attackers then defenders). In the thread for the linebattle you could post what the objectives are; For example one side is attacking, and has room for 130 people. The other team is defending an objective and can have 70 people. For an objective you can have it be a village, a bridge, a hill or something else of the sort. Of course the defenders have to hold it, and the attackers have to take it.

To spice things up a bit, you could have a time limit of about ~20 minutes, so that the attackers really have to push to capture their objective quickly. If the defenders hold for 20 minutes, the attackers have to attack the same objective next round. You could also have multiple objectives per map. For example:

A map (custom made) has 3 villages. One in the middle and one closer to each sides spawn.

Objective One: Both sides fight for control of the village. Whoever has more men in the village after 20 minutes holds the village. If nobody holds it, this continues until someone captures the village.

Objective Two: Lets say that one side captures the middle village, the next round they will have the objective to secure the village closer to the other teams spawn. If they capture that village they win the map.

This is just one scenario of many.

Possible Objectives:
- Capture/Defend a village (or multiple)
- Capture/Defend a bridge or river crossing (Or defends have to prevent attackers from crossing, and must blow the bridge)
- Capture/Defend a natural landmark (Large hill for example)
- Both sides fight for control of a single objective (could be any of the previously stated)
- More to come

This is just a possible idea, if you have any imput/ideas/feedback please feel free to post it :P.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Objective based linebattles
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:56:25 pm »
Isnt this kinda like a Conquest/Siege GM?

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 12:04:56 am »
Isnt this kinda like a Conquest/Siege GM?

Well, a little bit. There are no fortifications, so not really a siege. And it's similar to conquest I guess, but not really.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Apollo

• Colonel
  • NW Official Administrator; apparent god of the sun
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Apollo
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 04:27:12 am »
Interesting idea, certainly.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 10:24:06 am »
Well the Battle of Lodi event will be like that, the 75e monday historical is similiar and I myself am working on a rather ambitious one based on the Battle of Fuentes de Onores.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 07:40:43 pm »
Well the Battle of Lodi event will be like that, the 75e monday historical is similiar and I myself am working on a rather ambitious one based on the Battle of Fuentes de Onores.

Yes, I saw the Lodi event, looked really fun, but I am not signed up, hopefully I can invite :). I will also check out the 75e line battle, thank you. I am glad to hear about the Fuentes de Onores battle! Lots of gritty street fighting if I recall? If you need any help for anything for it, I would be more then willing to help as much us I can :D. On a side note, your avatar, that is an ensign from the Foot guards at Talevera right?
Pointy stick champion

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 10:47:44 am »

Yes, I saw the Lodi event, looked really fun, but I am not signed up, hopefully I can invite :). I will also check out the 75e line battle, thank you. I am glad to hear about the Fuentes de Onores battle! Lots of gritty street fighting if I recall? If you need any help for anything for it, I would be more then willing to help as much us I can :D. On a side note, your avatar, that is an ensign from the Foot guards at Talevera right?

Well the Fuentes event will first be invite only but I'll probably do repeat ones too for everyone that couldn't come by sign up. And if you can get any maps of the layout of the village itself that would be extremely useful.
And my avatar is a Captain actually....but one in the uniform of an ensign ;) and yes it is Talavera.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 11:20:49 pm »

Well the Fuentes event will first be invite only but I'll probably do repeat ones too for everyone that couldn't come by sign up. And if you can get any maps of the layout of the village itself that would be extremely useful.
And my avatar is a Captain actually....but one in the uniform of an ensign ;) and yes it is Talavera.

Allrighty, I will try to help as much as possible! :)
Pointy stick champion

Offline Rydog

• Captain
  • uwotm8
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 11:26:48 pm »
92nd ran these sort of events when I was in there, not sure if they still do them, but they were a lot different which was interesting :)

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 09:54:01 pm »
92nd ran these sort of events when I was in there, not sure if they still do them, but they were a lot different which was interesting :)

I will check thanks!
Pointy stick champion

Offline saturnplanet

• Private
  • Oberst Of the Black Legion
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stBruns_Obst_Saturn
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 04:15:04 pm »
Ive never played conquest :l

Offline DutchFoot

• Second Lieutenant
  • Head Developer of The Second Boer war Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 09:27:59 pm »
good idea!

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 09:21:00 pm »
good idea!

Thank you!

Ive never played conquest :l

There are some conquest linebattles around, you should give them a shot!
Pointy stick champion

Offline Draken193

• Captain
  • I like turtles
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Draken
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 10:33:35 pm »
It is like conquest with battle mode :) it deserves a try :P

Offline Roald Hoffmann

• Donator