- Organizer(s) Name(s)
, Mighty Irish Man
- Organizer(s) Steam Information
- Event's Steam Group Information (if applicable)
: TGL Refs
- Event Name
: The Groupfighting Ladder (TGL)
- Previous Event Thread(s) (if applicable)
: Current Main Thread / Current Updates thread
(looking for a short 4-5 sentence summary of the history/creation of the event and why it would be worthwhile adding a child-board for this event):
TGL has long been an idea but only now realised, its purpose is to sit as a permanent GF ranking system for NW, specifically 10v10. Instead of having to wait for the next tournament (RFL, NWL, EIC) it lets the community see the current strongest reg, allowing them to challenge each other for position.
TGL differs from standard tournaments; thanks to its ladder format TGL allows less experienced regiments to participate and fight each other at the lower end of the ladder without being knocked out by much stronger regiments, as is the case with most other NW tournaments. Now that it has been running succesfully for over 5 months I hope we have prooven its viability. Having a child board will open up its visability to the community and give us more breathing room for all of the information associated with the ladder, which is already cramming a lot of info into two threads. A great benefit of the ladder is that its more relaxed, regiments dont have to fight every week for 13 weeks straight as with NWL for example, they fight to defend their rank or to challenge regiments above when they see fit.
- Has your event started and completed at least twice? How often are you planning on hosting this event?
The 13 week example above shows that a standard NW tournament has typically run for 3 months, now that TGL has surpassed that hopefully this shows that it is beyond the standard season length, and only looking to continue! As it is continuous it has no end, some months are more active than others for TGL depending on other on-going tournaments, which was always expected.
- What is the average attendance for this event? (You can either give regiment numbers, people in attendance - this can be a round number): 7.2 10v10 matches per month average, you can check out the events match history here
- Are there any criteria(s) for entering in this event? Yes/No; if yes, list them in order for us to verify they are in line with the rules
1.1 A regiment must be have been going for at least 3 months to join TGL. (Exceptions can be made for old regiments reforming but is at the discretion of the organisers.)
1.2 A player may only play for one regiment on the ladder.
1.3 Changing which regiment you play for is allowed during the transfer window, a request being put forward by the gaining regiment.
1.4 Each regiment must supply a list of user ID's for their members if that regiment is in, or moves into the top 5 leagues.
1.5 Each roster submitted must maintain a minimum of 15 players and never exceed 50* players.
An important note is that we have only actually enforced rule 1.1 once, for Skitty, a reg leader who often disbands his reg within the month of applying for it to join the ladder. (he will have to be in a regiment for 3 months to re-apply), or join another reg as a normal member for example.
We don't currently have any individual player or existing regiments banned from the ladder!
- Who else will require board moderator permissions? Please list their name, a link to the forums, and a Steam link as well (if applicable).Mighty Irish Man's fsehttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045891679/
- You and the other administrators will receive board moderation permissions, in order to manage the event well. Will you agree to use your power(s) wisely, and commit to making decisions that benefit everyone
YesIf there are any abuse(s) of power, the moderation team reserves the right to punish those that have board moderator privileges, up to and including removal of your child board and closing of the topic.