Author Topic: Community Representatives. Do they actually make a difference?  (Read 10882 times)

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Megaberna
  • Side: Neutral
Since the CR's (Community Representatives) were implemented in these forums, they have promised to represent the community and deal with it's problems.

After almost 2 months, this is what i have seen from the CR's actions:

- Any major changes on the forums : 0

- Elections make the users rage and posting useless comments and start making fake accounts just to vote on someone and therefore ban users who make double accounts.

- Because is the elections no one is allowed to make double accounts (with the same IP this is). Therefore if i have a brother (or someone else) living in my house he will not be able to make a forum account since we both share the same IP.

- Actually being active members in the community: 4

- Providing actual info about important matters in the community: 0

- Being imparcial: Very few occasions

- Being professional: Some CR's are far from being professional

- Something actually relevant that can help the community: 0

- Pointing out mistakes and complaints from the Community towards FSE: They end up at the same side with FSE

- Very well written texts with very expensive words: +100

So after almost 2 months what you think?

Are the Community Representatives really necessary? Do they actually do something relevant? Do they only exist to calm down the masses? Or just to have another title under their signature?

Please discuss. Keep it civil and don't go off topic guys.

Offline 2oothBrush

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2oothBrush
Re: Community Representatives. Do they actually make a difference?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:38:57 pm »
They should at least change something for the best.

Offline hherlev

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 07:43:32 pm »
Hello,
I also fear that a lot of the community representatives are not representatives of the community since a  lot of them were trolls back in my time. Malakith was never a mature individual nor was he pleasurable to do business with, in fact he was highly arrogant and with an aura which makes even Deofuta look approachable, as for Mikkel, well, he was known to be a massive troll whom also shared a bed with FSE, cannot say it is a surprise he got votes from them. However, I believe that the CR's job is to do nothing as they are weak, none of them have a back bone.

Offline Rydog

• Captain
  • uwotm8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 07:47:18 pm »
Instead of asking the community who majority aren't CR's... why don't you PM a CR and ask them what they've been up to lately? I also feel as if your argument you have presented is biased as it clearly is only showing the negatives of the CRs. (Almost as if thats what you're trying to do, right? Crazy!)

Also very relevant for people that are mad about this:

edit: And please stop sending me links to your daily drama threads on Steam its very fucking irritating
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:49:39 pm by Rydog »

Offline John Cameron

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant-Colonel
    • View Profile
    • 92nd Gordon Highlanders Forum
  • Nick: John Cameron
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 07:51:57 pm »
So because they agree with FSE means they are doing something wrong?

They have successfully and without any drama managed to fix like three or four problems already. Considering this is the first time that representatives are in use and that it is totally new for everyone (admins, moderators, representatives and forum users alike) it is pretty impressive what they achieved so far.

So yes, they do make a difference.
Lieutenant-Colonel of the 92nd Regiment of Foot - Gordon Highlanders

Founded on the 28th September 2010

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 07:52:12 pm »
You guys are awesome.  ;D First you cry about FSE being tyrants and that they are not integrating the community into power. And now when FSE gave the community power, you call those who where voted (by the beloved COMMUNITY) into their function useless. Make your mind up first before you start a tirade of hatred again.

P.S. I wonder if you would have started this thread if you would have been voted into a CR spot  ::)

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 07:52:41 pm »
Another attempt at stirring up controversy Mega? Your first two tries failed... so why not try again?

Are the Community Representatives really necessary? Do they actually do something relevant? Do they only exist to calm down the masses? Or just to have another title under their signature?
And again with the title thing... you have to be aware that you are literally the only person who puts a million titles in their signature. It's what you are known for (among other things lately). Nobody else cares enough about titles to call themselves ex-anything in their profile, just you. I can tell you one thing, the most valuable title you will ever hold will be ex-member of this community. You owe it to yourself to earn that one, you will feel better, I promise.
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
  • Side: Union
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 07:56:22 pm »
Did the Community Representatives idea really pass? I didn't know... Its fucking stupid to have any representatives at all...

Offline Chimaeira

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 08:00:24 pm »
It is easy to find fault in a business run by people. Merely pointing them out does not offer any solution to the problems. Keep in mind what your goal is when you post something. What outcome do you think likely for a thread like this?

Instead of just focusing on what the problems are, perhaps make suggestions on how you think these problems can be mended.

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 08:03:57 pm »
The whining..... The complainting...... The Drama-queens.....
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years

Offline Henkka

• First Lieutenant
  • Frightened by blobclowns and builder of pyramids
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_SgtMaj_Henkka
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 08:05:36 pm »
Instead of asking the community who majority aren't CR's... why don't you PM a CR and ask them what they've been up to lately? I also feel as if your argument you have presented is biased as it clearly is only showing the negatives of the CRs. (Almost as if thats what you're trying to do, right? Crazy!)

Also very relevant for people that are mad about this:
The same link two times in a day? Im afraid thats against the interwebz code of conduct :S

And megaberna the CR's have succeeded in something and that is russleing your jimmies, you can add that to the actions :P
But on a serious note you did say from the getgo that these representatives werent going to do anything, so why are you disappointed since you apparently knew that nothing was gona change?

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 08:05:46 pm »
Oh my!  ;D
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 08:07:16 pm »
Ugh, wait let me do this
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years

Offline rysborn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 08:07:24 pm »
Oh my!  ;D
the lack of cookies......

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 08:08:31 pm »
If you would like a list of decisions the Community Reps have made, Megaberna, you can find it here:

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=3631.0

As far as I am aware the "Rage" during the last elections was more the result of lingering "Revolutionary" tendencies amongst some members of the forum, most of which has now gone.

The rule on having multiple accounts on the same IP is currently being reviewed by the Moderation Staff, and we will likely reform it to allow multiple accounts provided they are not used to try and circumvent a ban, mute or warning, or to rig a forum vote.

At present we believe 8 of the Community Reps to be fully active (Those being the ones you can see voted on the latest decision in the above link, + Malakith), many comments on the activity of the Community Reps have been exaggerated.

If you ask a Community Rep for some of this so-say "Important Information" about Community Matters, I'm sure they'll do their utmost to provide the information for you.

It is my understanding that the Community Reps were voted in by the community specifically to be impartial. If you've got evidence that a Community Rep has not been so, please feel free to PM me with the evidence attached, and I will investigate to the best of my ability.

Similarly, we hope that our Community Reps maintain some level of professionalism in their work, and if you have concerns about the professionalism of a Community Rep (Such as those that were raised yesterday by Temuzu on the NW Community General Discussion Thread) then you are more than welcome to contact myself, or any other member of the FSE Moderation and Community staff. We'll do our best to see that your concerns are investigated.

I'm unsure what you mean about the Community Reps not making decisions that are relevant to the community. Every issue that has been raised in the NW Community General Discussion thread has been taken up in the Community Rep forum for discussion - Not all of the decisions have actually been made yet, and many topics are still being discussed, but the Community Reps have still got a month left in their posts to decide on those issues.

As with the comment before, I'm unsure about what you mean when you say that the Community Reps "Side with FSE". We are trying to work alongside them to deal with concerns the Community has, in order to improve the Forums and Servers for the public. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that we're on different "Sides". I can assure you though, every concern that has been made known to the Community Reps has been addressed and discussed in their sub-forum, and many of those issues are still under discussion as we speak.

I am glad you feel that our Community Reps are making themselves understood on the forums in an Admirable fashion. I must admit that as FSE staff we were very impressed with the quality of Reps chosen, and the breadth of their respective abilities to both discuss issues, and to present the conclusions of those discussions to the public. I'll make sure to let them know that you approve of their vocabulary & writing skills.

You appear to be mistaken here - The Community Representatives have so far only been in Office for One month, not Two, as stated in your post. Applications for the next 10 Community Reps will be opening again in 2 weeks, but the current Community Representatives will not be stepping down until the votes for the next 10 are concluded, in one Month's time. We'll be releasing some Statistics about the current Community Reps once the next Application process begins, that should allow the community to make more educated decisions on who has been pulling their weight as a community rep, and who hasn't.

I hope this goes some ways to answering some of your questions, Megaberna. You're more than welcome to contact me personally if you have any other queries about the Community Representatives and their role.

Regards,

Blobmania
FSE Moderation Staff
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?