My good friend Sebastian has been working on an anti-cheat after I highlighted the problem to him. He's a really great guy and this is his gift to the FSE Community.
Since many game servers got infested by cheaters, I decided to write a simple yet effective server-side anti-cheat system.
The anti cheat system successfully tracks hacking incidents, messages admins about those incidents and treats the cheating players accordingly.At the moment the anti cheat system provides working detection for the following hacks.
Check out the changelog for more features.
- Unblockable Attacks
This hack works by exploiting an engine bug, and is currently the most game breaking cheat out there.
The hack triggers after the player starts a melee attack, it simply executes the attack from a different direction (which the weapon does not support).
The engine executes the invalid attack, but keeps playing the animation of the initial attack/direction.
So it's impossible for other players to block the attack.
This hack simply turns on the automatic blocking for the cheating player, even if the server has set it to manual.
Temporarily turns on the AI for the cheating player, which results in superb accuracy in ranged combat.
The latest server-engine, compiled module files aswell as the modsys of Native, Napoleonic Wars and Viking Conquest can be downloadedHERE
Code implementation for modded/different modules
The implementation requires the server to run on v1.161 or latter.
Add this to module_constants
Add this to the top of module_mission_templates
, below the commented mission-description.
Add this to the end of each multiplayer mission in module_mission_templates
An example where to add it to "multiplayer_dm".
Add this inside the script "game_quick_start" in module_scripts
Add this to the very end of module_scripts
Add this to the very end of module_strings
v0.7.0 (Jan 05, 2018)
- Changed the code structure for better modulability.
- Weapons with 4 valid attack directions are now excluded from the unblockable hack detection.
- Improved unblockabe detection methods.
- Implemented basic autoblock detection.
- Implemented basic aimbot detection.
- Advanced logging of potential hack incidents.
- Improved the messaging system, for admins and normal players.
- Added changeable hack consequences such as kick and temp/perma ban, or just notifications.
- Implemented a warning system for admins which tracks suspicious player activities.
v0.5.5 (Jan 02, 2018)
- Added support for in-game hosted servers.
- Tweaked detection parameters.
- Enhanced logging of hack incidents, more information provided.
v0.5.2 (Dec 29, 2017)
- Fixed false hack detection while kicking.
v0.5.1 (Dec 27, 2017)
- Improved the detection method of attacks in order to eliminate "false"-hacking incidents.
- Added logging of hack incidents.
- Logs of hack incidents will now be broadcasted to admins.
v0.4.0 (Dec 23, 2017)
There might be rare incidents of false-positives, this is the reason why kicking / banning is disabled in the current version.However this can be changed by adjusting the variable "$hack_consequence" at script "mbac_init".
It's all up to the related parameters, which need fine tuning.
In order to speed up this progress I need as many server logs as possible.
So if you want to help with this, you can send me your server (using the anit cheat, ofc)
logs.I promise to keep them confidential.
Your support will be very appreciated!
There are a couple other threads related to this tool, to join then just click the links below.
Original Thread HERE
if you need any help pop a reply down below and I'll be sure Sebastian see's it.