Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 8]  (Read 104378 times)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 8] STARTS 02/10
« Reply #285 on: January 31, 2018, 12:09:55 pm »
hi hello we should change rules regarding officer aim since revive is a function now. When an officer is killed they should just get revived (with a slay on the offender if we want to be really strict). Same thing with victims of FOL. I guarantee this will clear up a lot of headaches and complaints if and when this actually happens during a match.

Or we can just be lazy and not change anything.
Actually we were revising the current ruleset and this was one of the things we implemented! We will release the updated rule-set very soon so please look over it when it comes out guys.

I feel like this would break the focus of the leader / regiment who got OAd too much. A reset is much cleaner while a revive only option could be far too delayed by an admin and in the meantime what is that line supposed to do for example if there isn't a capable leader on the spot able to carry the line for a few seconds that line might be vulnerable for a few seconds and at a high level of competition it could easily mean the difference between a win and a loss in shooting etc.

These concerns are covered in the revision.

Personally, it should result in both a slay and a revive. Officers should not be shot under any circumstances, that should eliminate any OA at all. Perhaps when the officer is standing in line its just a revive because that can be attributed as the officers fault, however when an officer is infront of his line etc. It should be a slay + revive.

This is also covered in the revision.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #286 on: January 31, 2018, 02:22:15 pm »
Yay new rules that might fix the broken OA reset rule!

I made all of those revisions. With only approval needed to be passed.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #287 on: January 31, 2018, 02:56:06 pm »
hi hello we should change rules regarding officer aim since revive is a function now. When an officer is killed they should just get revived (with a slay on the offender if we want to be really strict). Same thing with victims of FOL. I guarantee this will clear up a lot of headaches and complaints if and when this actually happens during a match.

Actually we were revising the current ruleset and this was one of the things we implemented! We will release the updated rule-set very soon so please look over it when it comes out guys.

I feel like this would break the focus of the leader / regiment who got OAd too much. A reset is much cleaner while a revive only option could be far too delayed by an admin and in the meantime what is that line supposed to do for example if there isn't a capable leader on the spot able to carry the line for a few seconds that line might be vulnerable for a few seconds and at a high level of competition it could easily mean the difference between a win and a loss in shooting etc.

Personally, it should result in both a slay and a revive. Officers should not be shot under any circumstances, that should eliminate any OA at all. Perhaps when the officer is standing in line its just a revive because that can be attributed as the officers fault, however when an officer is infront of his line etc. It should be a slay + revive.

How are these covered or when will this information be accessible.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2018, 04:12:03 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

It should be accessible soon though I can't give an exact as I have no control over the OP being updated.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #289 on: January 31, 2018, 04:56:33 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

It should be accessible soon though I can't give an exact as I have no control over the OP being updated.

And is it just going to be changed or do we as the other regimental leaders have a say

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2018, 05:08:59 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

And is it just going to be changed or do we as the other regimental leaders have a say
In my honest opinion, we'll roll it out and have regiments play under those new rules before the season starts. It's so that the referees and regimental leaders will get use to it. If leaders feel as though it needs changes, we will do our upmost ability to try to fix those rules. So please do linebattles against each other with referees and or moderators present so we can see if these changes benefit or hurt the league.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:15:07 pm by RussianFury »

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2018, 05:17:28 pm »
And they said four years ago this game was dead Ezy win

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2018, 05:20:41 pm »
The way I see it, if there are multiple FOLs in a charge which result in kills, it would be difficult for the ref to not only slay the offenders, but also to revive the killed in a reasonable time. It will put a strain on refs, even if there are two, as you only have a few seconds before the two lines clash into open melee

OA should be a slay and a revive to heavily discourage it

Lurvy

« Reply #293 on: January 31, 2018, 05:28:38 pm »
Any rules for SA? As a surgeon player, it really is unfair when I get shot.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #294 on: January 31, 2018, 05:51:16 pm »
Establish Medic neutrality specifically for Lurvy so he can live freely and heal his fellow comrades.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 31, 2018, 05:54:59 pm »
There won't be any medics since it would be unfair to the previous league winners. It would also make melee kinda of cancer when people run back for heals and such.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:58:06 pm by RussianFury »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #296 on: January 31, 2018, 06:07:29 pm »
Russian is my dad

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #297 on: January 31, 2018, 06:18:46 pm »
I would say OA should still be a reset their are some cases in which OA could lead to an overwhelming tactical advantage until their officer is revived. I don't think revive changes that in the slight so in my opinion OA should remain a reset if the CO wishes a reset for it.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #298 on: January 31, 2018, 06:39:32 pm »
There won't be any medics since it would be unfair to the previous league winners. It would also make melee kinda of cancer when people run back for heals and such.
Learn how to stab then
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 31, 2018, 06:42:30 pm »
Learn how to stab then
Bobby Roode is better than AJ Styles.