Author Topic: Drama Leaving a Regiment  (Read 7308 times)

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Drama Leaving a Regiment
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2013, 07:46:51 pm »
Not to say it's funny when regiments treat you badly, they're just interesting stories to compare to.

It didn't used to be like that  :'(

There was a time where 95% of the community was always willing to help

There was a dream that was a community that cared.
that dream died a long time ago.
Rest In Peace.

Offline 34th Artimus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2013, 09:39:32 pm »
I used to be in the 1st CI (Colberg Infantry) for a couple of months when NW first came out. I worked my way up to the equivalent of sergeant. I helped reform the regiment, which actually saved the regiment from sure destruction. I started to feel out of place in the 1stCI, it was bad. And, some of the new recruits and officers were thinking of mutinizing the commanding officer, Trex Fallen. I ended up leaving after the commanding officer was kicked out, and I joined a very well known regiment, the Marins de la Garde. After joining the Marins Garde, as we're more known as, I was immediately dubbed a loser, traitor, etc. I'm still with the Marins Garde today. It was a good decision t leave, because I have come along way.

I know what it's like to, man... Just do what I did, shrug it off. They're not worth your time any longer, and not worth the heartache. Good luck with your new regiment.

I left them just before NW came out. I used to be Lt of their second battalion. Did you ever hear about Samuel Sharpe? Just curious.

Offline nicknick12

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nicholas
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2013, 09:43:31 pm »
Cavalry Groupfighting Admin NA/EU

Offline Cooper

• Donator
  • Panzer on a horse.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cooper/Cuprum
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 04:17:50 pm »
so Nick, I think I took the right wav to solve it... :)
Retired Clanleader, Cavalry, Student

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 04:41:17 pm »
Same thing happened just that one took it to another level and trolled the FKI forums and with my tags so he got banned everyone else that I had left just cooled off

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2013, 04:51:52 pm »
Its just sad, how can you be mad when somebody leaves or makes a decision. wow
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:01:14 pm by Dekkers »
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline OGNValjean

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gordon Goldstein
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 09:58:21 pm »
Well, if a Officer or a few Soldiers leave a Regiment, I can easily replace so no real harm done.

Its only when you lose all but 2 of your Senior Officers plus 50% of your Privates to someone.
Spoiler
The Church
[close]
That you begin to ask youself, did I join a Gaming Community, or merge into a Regiment?

And thats when you embark on a quest of Redemption to purge your Views unto the Galaxy, AND RULE THE 00TH AS SUPREME OVERLORD!
Lel, but yea

Drama of Leaving Regiments started mainly in NW.

I say we go back to MM Russia eh?

Offline Johan

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [5teFKI]_Oberst_Johann
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 12:56:47 am »
It's your choice if you want to leave or not. Calling you a traitor and backstabber is just too much if you ask this. Games are all about fun, yes there is some regiments with ultra realism but they're still doing it because its fun. It's not like a real army where you have to do things wether you like it or not.

So in general i think you did the right thing. If you feel like they're not a regiment for you then you should definetly leave.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 01:17:21 am »

A lot of people work hard to build a regiment and when someone leaves I can understand it can be a real bitch slap. I myself, depending on who it is, I don't mind at all. People come and they go. Ofcourse when if its one of your core members, your friend you could say, its a bit worse but meh, build a bridge and dander over it.

I'd prefer not to comment on individual cases however if you wish to contact me in private for advice, I will probably give it to you. Although its most likely going to say, do what you really want and what you need to do to have fun.

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 01:27:04 am »
From what I've seen most Regiment Leaders treat members as commodities. There has been a multitude of occasions where someone has joined a regiment in 5th Brigade and I've had an angry leader raging at me for stealing their members. Either a lot of leaders have suppressed abandonment issues or they just don't understand that this is a game and people can do what they please. Either way I think it's one of the underlying problems with the NW Community.

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 01:32:10 am »

A lot of people work hard to build a regiment and when someone leaves I can understand it can be a real bitch slap. I myself, depending on who it is, I don't mind at all. People come and they go. Ofcourse when if its one of your core members, your friend you could say, its a bit worse but meh, build a bridge and dander over it.

I'd prefer not to comment on individual cases however if you wish to contact me in private for advice, I will probably give it to you. Although its most likely going to say, do what you really want and what you need to do to have fun.

Pretty much agree.
As a colonel who has lost quite a few "Core" Members of his regiment over time, I have to say;
It can feel like a total bitch slap.
and you can feel a little hard done to if that person joins over a simple "Rank" or something

Offline Johan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 01:47:25 am »

Offline OberFeldmarschal Matt

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1st WFI] Uffz Matt
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 01:57:12 am »
I once joined a regiment. I'm still there.
 8) :D ;D :o ::) :P

Offline Johan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 04:12:38 pm »
I once joined a regiment. I'm still there.
 8) :D ;D :o ::) :P

Thats sweet honey.