Author Topic: Drama Leaving a Regiment  (Read 7312 times)

Offline OPEN_FIRE

• Sergeant
  • Swords are fun
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Pte_George_White
  • Side: Union
Drama Leaving a Regiment
« on: March 10, 2013, 01:54:31 am »
Long story short, I was in a rifle regiment for a while, I didn't realize it at the time but we were extremely bad and kinda trolly, and we merged with a bigger regiment as their rifle company. This bigger regiment was far more organized and active, and I had a lot of fun playing as line infantry. Things were fine for a while, but then things got bad between the leader of the regiment, whom I had no problem with, and the rest of the rifle company. Eventually, the rifle company split away and left the bigger regiment (on bad terms) and I left with them, for loyalty's sake. But the longer I was in the rifle regiment, the more I realized how much I didn't like it. We rarely had linebattles, and the ones we did go too ended up being flame wars and trollfests. So I left the rifle regiment and joined back up with the one we left.

For a long time, people in the old rifle regiment were mad at me for leaving and joining back up with "the enemy." Numerous times I was called a traitor and insulted. Things aren't as bad now, but there's still some lingering resentment. And I was pretty annoyed at how petty my former regiment-mates were being. I thought to myself that that isn't how you act if someone leaves your regiment. It's just a game right, to have fun? I've heard about other people leaving their regiments, it didn't seem like such a big deal. I definitely didn't think that this kind of resentment is how it should happen.

My question is, what do you expect to happen when someone leaves a regiment? Is this kind of attitude the norm? Am I actually in the wrong here, without even realizing it?  :-\

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Drama Leaving a Regiment
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:59:47 am »
Merging always causes drama. From what I read here, you did the right thing (leaving the regiment).

It's truly pathetic that they are mad at you for leaving their regiment, it's just a game, and it's 100% your decision if you wish to stay or not. Just ignore them if they are annoying "pricks". And move along with your new regiment and have some fun. If you really miss them, you can try again at some later time when both sides left the subject. :)

I left the 91st recently, and no one is angry about it, and neither did the opinions of each other change due that. (I hope  :P) Same with the other regiments I left in the pas.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:01:29 am by Gokiller »

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 02:00:21 am »
You don't think we've enough drama for one day? Shame on you. ;)

Please keep discussion civil, as always.

Kielbasa!

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:00:29 am »
I left the 60th recently and we're all still hugs and kisses. The lads were all really supportive and I still hang out in that TS.

Just depends on the situation around it,yours is an iffy one.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 02:06:55 am »
I used to be in the 1st CI (Colberg Infantry) for a couple of months when NW first came out. I worked my way up to the equivalent of sergeant. I helped reform the regiment, which actually saved the regiment from sure destruction. I started to feel out of place in the 1stCI, it was bad. And, some of the new recruits and officers were thinking of mutinizing the commanding officer, Trex Fallen. I ended up leaving after the commanding officer was kicked out, and I joined a very well known regiment, the Marins de la Garde. After joining the Marins Garde, as we're more known as, I was immediately dubbed a loser, traitor, etc. I'm still with the Marins Garde today. It was a good decision t leave, because I have come along way.

I know what it's like to, man... Just do what I did, shrug it off. They're not worth your time any longer, and not worth the heartache. Good luck with your new regiment.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:09:22 am by kpetschulat »

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 02:12:53 am »
Leaving groups is fine. You are defiantly not in the wrong though. You have a valid reason, no shame in leaving, but its natural for some of them to be upset at you for leaving 'for the enemy'. Its probably best to unfriend them and let go.

Offline deSaul

• Donator
  • 48th Northamptonshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: deSaul
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 02:14:36 am »
I was in a similar situation with the 19e. Our Skirmishers split off and were treated badly by the remaining loyalists of the 19e. We were called traitors and backstabbers, just because we didn't want to be in a regiment that didn't really care about us. You did the right thing.

Offline OPEN_FIRE

• Sergeant
  • Swords are fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 02:21:43 am »
You don't think we've enough drama for one day? Shame on you. ;)

Oh yeah, I've read that entire 74th 90th drama page. Maybe it just put drama in my mind and made me think to post this!

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation that I did the right thing, guys. Things are...awkward at the least when I steam chat with members from my former regiment, due to the fact that the general attitude towards them in the new regiment is that they're all trolls. (Which, to be fair, isn't entirely true, but it isn't false either.) I don't really harbor that same attitude, so it's kind've hard to be in the middle there.

I imagine the awkwardness will go away eventually.

I was in a similar situation with the 19e. Our Skirmishers split off and were treated badly by the remaining loyalists of the 19e. We were called traitors and backstabbers, just because we didn't want to be in a regiment that didn't really care about us. You did the right thing.

Funny thing about that, is the rifle regiment i was in left for pretty much those reasons, the only difference was that I actually left to go back to the regiment in the position of the 19e. However, I think in my case the rifle regiment was in the wrong, while I don't actually know the context of your case.

Offline nicknick12

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nicholas
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 02:47:06 am »
Leaving a regiment is the most hardest like me I want to leave 2Lhr because when Cooper not there the officer are... Control freak even shooting there men it pisses me off. im the person that get 2Lhr in linebattles  and I'm not even an officer.So today Cooper was not here for a odd reason then im just practice my Cavalry skills and I get a message from zeroim who is my Cpl in regiment he says coming to lb  I say "of course". Then I go in Ts when there is 5min left Crusder linebattle sign I through for the first time he was going to do it but no he does not *Cough Cough wtf*. So I join in in the last min and I get lucky and I post first,I felt amazing because I beated everyone in sign up.then later I got server and pass then almost everyone is play Civ 5 in a LOCK CHANNEL so basically at that moment in the channel was old 2Lhr memebers and the new ones were with me one saided  "Nicholas you really do good thing for the regiment this is one reason why I enjoy this regiment also why are the other jerk and lock them shelves" at that moment I was piss for a odd reason. So they come down out of there channel and said rudely what the server, I post it in Ts. Now we in the linebattle 15 min in the linebattle we charge the FK and we lose but luckily the FK run because we had a friendly line then it was me and Pilophas that was still alive he said in German form a line to my right I said ok but Blucher said form a line behind him and I was confused because they speaking English and making fun of me in German so he was a officer on horseback and he shot me. I was very now low on health then again he did it again to me. I knew he was going to kill me because I did not Understand German but I did hear toten ihn= kill him in german it sound like zeriom said that I knew it because I heard it before. So I basically had every single right to kill his horse,I'm being made fun of a it just piss me off just trying to understand a  single command line right or behind. I tried to kill he horse but it fail I kill him I did not mean that at all then everyone was quiet. Then when the round end Zeriom said "I should have you  kick but  we are low on number so you will be dismount and stay with arty.in my mind I was going "You shitty me I got in this lb when your lazy was playing Civ 5 I was doing you doing the job of being a jackass" then Pilophas said "We telling Cooper" BOOM again in my mind I was "Just forget I need to leave linebatte". That my story...

Why do I stay in the 2Lhr there the only good Hussar regiment that I know so I will try to stay strong

P.S tell me what you think
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:29:36 am by nicknick12 »
Cavalry Groupfighting Admin NA/EU

Offline OPEN_FIRE

• Sergeant
  • Swords are fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 02:51:17 am »
 :( well it looks like you're in a quite frustrating position. Best of luck to you.

Offline Fortune

• Donator
  • Procrastinating the day away
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fortune/Blokkermedewerker
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 03:05:15 am »
Part of the ship, part of the crew, part of the ship, part of the crew.
I don't think I can ever break the bonds that tie me to my community, ever.

But after all are we not free men? We are even anonymous to some degree.
May you wish to undo shackles and forge new bonds, you can chose to do so at anytime you desire.
No one here can force you to stay with a group. No one here can force you to join a group.

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 03:53:47 am »
Part of the ship, part of the crew, part of the ship, part of the crew.
Its actually part of the crew, part of the ship but whatevs. I left the 69th(an old EU reg) and joined the glorious 38e~Swiss just after they revolted against their CO and I love them!

Offline Patrykus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Darth_Patrykus
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 04:18:05 am »
Leaving a regiment is never easy. There is no point in staying in a regiment, where CO's or other members threats you badly. I remember when I left 1ps almost one year ago. I was thinking about it for the next few days after leaving :)

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 04:53:37 am »
The few members who've actually left the 00th are always thanked for their service, given a gold watch, a strong pat on the back and thrown a tasteful going-away party.

The entire event is followed up by a haunting melody played by Thundersnow himself on a piece of driftwood salvaged from the starship wreckage scene, expertly carved into a wind flute.

Walking the departing to the edge of our secret forest location,we gently push him away and in hushed tones, sing him off into the horizon, wiping our tears while waving goodbye as we mutter things like "Stiff upper lip lads!" and "That bugger was a good bloke, sad to see him go".

Exactly one year later we hunt them like wild animals and mount their heads over our gigantic inferno of a fireplace fueled only by the hatred of the driftwood wind flute, held together in the raging pitch by the sheer bitterness and unbridled animosity that has been softly blown into it over the years.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:56:30 am by Thundersnow »

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 05:04:42 am »
The few members who've actually left the 00th are always thanked for their service, given a gold watch, a strong pat on the back and thrown a tasteful going-away party.

The entire event is followed up by a haunting melody played by Thundersnow himself on a piece of driftwood salvaged from the starship wreckage scene, expertly carved into a wind flute.

Walking the departing to the edge of our secret forest location,we gently push him away and in hushed tones, sing him off into the horizon, wiping our tears while waving goodbye as we mutter things like "Stiff upper lip lads!" and "That bugger was a good bloke, sad to see him go".

Exactly one year later we hunt them like wild animals and mount their heads over our gigantic inferno of a fireplace fueled only by the hatred of the driftwood wind flute, held together in the raging pitch by the sheer bitterness and unbridled animosity that has been softly blown into it over the years.

Literally best guy 2k13.

Kielbasa!