Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞ [ESP 1st ; GER 2nd, POL 3rd]  (Read 157902 times)

Offline Traeeseron

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: traeeseron
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞
« Reply #450 on: November 10, 2017, 11:56:39 pm »
I wont argue about the lancer as a broken class or not, but if you are going to limit the gameplay of lances let's not allow hussars to take heavy swords, heavies to take ligth horses and every other class from taking lances from the ground because is "too broken".
Allowing lancers and then, nerf them with this new rule doesnt seems to be the rigth way in my opinion.

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #451 on: November 10, 2017, 11:59:00 pm »
I wont argue about the lancer as a broken class or not, but if you are going to limit the gameplay of lances let's not allow hussars to take heavy swords, heavies to take ligth horses and every other class from taking lances from the ground because is "too broken".
Allowing lancers and then, nerf them with this new rule doesnt seems to be the rigth way in my opinion.

It's a fun way

Offline BrokenCrayon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Diarmuid
« Reply #452 on: November 11, 2017, 12:00:54 am »
So much petty arguing.

Why can't the Irish team just be happy they got their lancers? Lancers have been banned for the last 3 years of this tournament, now we give them a sweetie and they want the whole bag instead.

You've got your long pointy sticks, you could've said thank you to all the voting captains, but instead you choose to argue about it because you haven't got EXACTLY what you want.

P.S: Lancers are overpowered in NW (and any module for that matter), and yes I am experienced as a lancer so you can't play the "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT UR ON ABOUT" card, so just get on with what you've been given like good little boys and girls and stop crying about everything xoxo

Oh Dear! Pardon me Narsus, I should thank President Erik Lincoln for freeing us from our bonds, I guess it was greedy of us for wanting us to play the class as the developers intended!
the best of the best, getting fucked by some monkeys with sticks.

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 11, 2017, 12:35:15 am »
So much petty arguing.

Why can't the Irish team just be happy they got their lancers? Lancers have been banned for the last 3 years of this tournament, now we give them a sweetie and they want the whole bag instead.

You've got your long pointy sticks, you could've said thank you to all the voting captains, but instead you choose to argue about it because you haven't got EXACTLY what you want.

P.S: Lancers are overpowered in NW (and any module for that matter), and yes I am experienced as a lancer so you can't play the "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT UR ON ABOUT" card, so just get on with what you've been given like good little boys and girls and stop crying about everything xoxo

Oh Dear! Pardon me Narsus, I should thank President Erik Lincoln for freeing us from our bonds, I guess it was greedy of us for wanting us to play the class as the developers intended!

Diartmund just calm down and think of that old Irish proverb:

Spoiler
Erik deontais, Erik tógann ar shiúl
[close]

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #454 on: November 11, 2017, 12:37:26 am »
Application for Referee:

Your Name: Lorucas
Your Steam Name (please give a link): Me
Why you should be Referee: Idk Erik if you need more referees for the CNC, so I decided to apply. It depends on the schedule of the matches but I think it could be to help. I have experience as admin on linebattles and I'm admin on Cavalry Groupfighting and Cavalry Groupfighting EU.

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 11, 2017, 12:39:23 am »
I have experience as admin on linebattles and I'm admin on Cavalry Groupfighting and Cavalry Groupfighting EU.

you have experience only in contagiar SIDA

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #456 on: November 11, 2017, 12:40:36 am »
I have experience as admin on linebattles and I'm admin on Cavalry Groupfighting and Cavalry Groupfighting EU.

Rasti!! Rude boi!!!!!

Offline Termito

• First Lieutenant
  • KRH | 92nd | 1º Reg Mexican member
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Termito
« Reply #457 on: November 11, 2017, 12:41:02 am »

True, but he live in a desert.

Offline BrokenCrayon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Diarmuid
« Reply #458 on: November 11, 2017, 12:59:31 am »
So much petty arguing.

Diartmund just calm down and think of that old Irish proverb:

Spoiler
Erik deontais, Erik tógann ar shiúl
[close]
Direct translation is funny but I got what yer trying to say xD
the best of the best, getting fucked by some monkeys with sticks.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 11, 2017, 01:23:14 am »
agreed with that cool guy, just let everyone play with their strengths and weaknesses, every class has their own broken things
or just end this by forcing everyone to play the same class so everybody stops complaining
oh plot twist that wont stop anyone to complain about smh
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #460 on: November 11, 2017, 01:23:40 am »
póg mo thóin

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #461 on: November 11, 2017, 08:45:22 am »
That‘s exactly what I would have done.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline MrNarsus

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: nars00s
« Reply #462 on: November 11, 2017, 11:27:14 am »

But this tournament has nothing to do with what the developers intended. For the last 3 years Lancers have not been allowed for pretty obvious reasons (if you can't see this, you must be in denial), so why on earth should you now suddenly be entitled to play a class that no one other than your team wants, bar a few **cough tom cough**.

The devs intended you to play lancer yes, but where is it written "In CNC 2017, Lancers must be allowed to be played as a viable class with no restrictions."

I for one actually agree that Lancers should be able to be played if couching is taken away, so don't mistake me for some Anti-Lancer person because I'm not, I just think you shouldn't feel so self-entitled to something which will obviously upset the balance of what will probably be the last CNC.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:51:57 am by MrNarsus »

Offline Azhrei

• First Sergeant
  • Cavalry Groupfighting Senior Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://cavgf.lefora.com
« Reply #463 on: November 11, 2017, 11:59:16 am »
I don't think it has anything to do with entitlement. Lancers are not banned across the cavalry groupfighting servers or in the tournament we hold on our server - those "obvious reasons" don't seem to apply there. Many more voted for lancers than not, so I also wouldn't agree that nobody but our team and a few others want us there.

Perhaps a compromise may be reached where we agree to couch only mounted or grounded opponents (for reasons of time I think the latter would be better, but apparently not everyone agrees on that), but I'm more of the opinion that we should either be allowed to play, or not. No talk of nerfing us.

Offline Harald Wulfstan

• First Lieutenant
  • biggest fan of you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 88th_LCpl_MotoBvock
« Reply #464 on: November 11, 2017, 12:14:59 pm »
Application for Team Player,
Your Name: Wulfstan
Your Steam Name (please give a link): https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198126633520
Your Nation: Slavic countries