Author Topic: Anyone interested in a new Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League? Your opinion  (Read 5122 times)

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
  • Side: Confederacy
I am so sorry for my english in the following text.

I think it's really boring to play Cavalry without League. We saw that the infantry community had make an league without problems. So I think myself "Why we don't can make?". So I want the last active cavalry regiments impressing that they join this league. The cavalry community was so great and glorious so I think old veterans also want an league. The EIC was formed by the infantry community, so we can form an cavalry league with admins and so on. The only problem are the admins and regiments that form an league. The Nr4 had play against many regiments that can bring 10+ members for example Nr6, 4e, 2Lr, 3aDiv and so on. When he have the admins so I think it's an good thing to make this league. Later I will speak with Erik how he cares about this planned league for the cavalry community. In the international community we had I think around 40 cavalry regiments. Now we have around 30 but I am not sure. So pls say in an post what you thinking about this league
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:20:27 am by Felix5557 »

Wursti

Re: Anyone interested in a new Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 10:05:52 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there has been a "CNWL" already right? So I guess that people are interested in such a league.

Offline Chri

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2e_Huss_Cpt_Chri // Nr4-OLt aD
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 10:14:27 am »
A central problem with a new season of the CNWL would be the number restrictions. I think that especially regiments participating in the 2nd League of todays NW would have problems to bring more than 8 ppl on every single 1v1.
''Wärst du Kornett hättest du das Duell gewonnen'' -[Nr.101]Nicolas 2k17

Godemporer of the most professional Cav in ze World!!!111!!!11

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 10:17:56 am »
A central problem with a new season of the CNWL would be the number restrictions. I think that especially regiments participating in the 2nd League of todays NW would have problems to bring more than 8 ppl on every single 1v1.

I think that's not the really central problem. I known about 15 up to 20 regiment that play active M&B as cav with an attendance of 10+

Offline VGC

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in a new Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League? Your opinion
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 10:18:54 am »
we think it could be a great idea , our regiment was interested when we heard about it months ago so , it could be good for the regiments that like to play CW of Cavalry

Offline Chri

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2e_Huss_Cpt_Chri // Nr4-OLt aD
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 10:23:55 am »
The next problem would be: Where do u get the servers from. Sure, u could just pay them but as far as I remember Erik had a kind of sponsorship with 'Arctic Servers'.
''Wärst du Kornett hättest du das Duell gewonnen'' -[Nr.101]Nicolas 2k17

Godemporer of the most professional Cav in ze World!!!111!!!11

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 10:26:24 am »
The next problem would be: Where do u get the servers from. Sure, u could just pay them but as far as I remember Erik had a kind of sponsorship with 'Arctic Servers'.
we think it could be a great idea , our regiment was interested when we heard about it months ago so , it could be good for the regiments that like to play CW of Cavalry

The Nr4 would host the server. Nobody instead of the admins will become the admin password.

PS: I want how said in the text talk to Erik.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:28:03 am by Felix5557 »

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 11:42:25 am »
I'd want a league, but not provisional one lacking the gravitas and decorum which followed the previous ones. Better none at all than that.

Erik in the cavalry community:

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 11:44:27 am »
16e will win this league ez pz do u rly need to host it even

Offline Graf_Maximus

• Second Lieutenant
  • Major General of 2y Cavalry-Infantry Brigade
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Graf-Maximus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 12:04:33 pm »
Active regiments lost many active people, plus how I know some French regiments want to move to holdfast,example 9e. I don't know if many people will interesting in it,for example my regiment lost many people and we cant get new one. Erik said that cant host a such event because of no time He still thinks about it. If you rlly want it, you can try to make CNWL league by yourself (Of course we will help you)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:21:56 pm by Graf_Maximus »

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 12:11:32 pm »
I'd want a league, but not provisional one lacking the gravitas and decorum which followed the previous ones. Better none at all than that.

Erik in the cavalry community:

This CNWL don't is provisional because we make a fixed start date. We don't say we begin today.....
This CNWL is an community project. Only when enough regiment take part we can make it!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:17:26 pm by Felix5557 »

Offline Sukesa

• Sergeant Major
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Lt_Sukesa
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 01:08:22 pm »
J'entends les fouuuuus ♪

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 01:23:40 pm »
In my opinion it's far too late to host a proper league.

Of course, it's overall not impossible, but there are some major issues you have to think about when you try to organize such a big and "traditional" thing like CNWL.

First of, the largest problem might be finding regiments that....
1. ....are actually able and ambitious enough to take part
2. ....even want to take part. Many regiments right now don't think that their regiments are still capable to do 1v1's, especially against big regiments. Now, why would you participate in a league then?

A big part of the cavalry community died after the last CNWL, which is already a year ago btw. That process is still going on. Regiments disbanded and players are gone or just inactive.

But I do really agree with the argument, that there's a need of cavalry events. Even though you should concentrate on non-regimental things like duel-tournaments etc, but there's one thing I'd really appreciate to see: a last CNC.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 01:49:20 pm »

This CNWL is an community project.

Won't work. Two elements are needed: the community to play AND a sugar daddy with a grip over it. A league organised collectively would be a incoherent crap.

Offline Jokim

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jokim
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2017, 02:04:28 pm »

This CNWL is an community project.

Won't work. Two elements are needed: the community to play AND a sugar daddy with a grip over it. A league organised collectively would be a incoherent crap.

Agreed. CNWL is a no-go in my opinion, there are not enough regiments that want to fight and even if so, it would be a lackluster that does not compare to the previous ones which I think is not a good thing at all. CNC on the other hand is something that I think can get more people pumped as it stirs the team a bit and bring at least some kind of variety.
a shame autoblock doesnt work against lancers
The people that play every god damn day on CavGF, the best of the best, getting fucked by some monkeys with sticks.
I love this community :3