Author Topic: Great Armies, which was your favorite?  (Read 42563 times)

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Great Armies, which was your favorite?
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2013, 09:04:35 pm »
I know I will probably get watched for this, and I take the responsibility, report me all you want, this time, I don't really give a shit

I feel the need to post this:

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2013, 09:06:04 pm »
Nipplestockings,
 Get off your pseudo-intellectual stance

Doube post, I know

Get of your, 'Murica is always awesome, and we are nevur defeeted, wy r toe awesum toe b bieten stance

Offline Bluehawk

• Sergeant Major
  • чекмень - шаровары - шашка
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2013, 09:09:45 pm »
English colonies established by English charter, ruled by English law, quartering English soldiers from England. The distance of an ocean and hundreds of years made the colonial Americans distinct, but do not imply that it is an objective fact universally observed by all that Americans had a fully developed national consciousness or that they felt no brotherhood with the English.

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2013, 09:11:24 pm »
Since when American tells another American what to do?

Since 1776, surely.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline Yaro

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2013, 09:11:52 pm »
Mr T,
Just because you agree with someone like Nipples doesn't make him right. Who made you the judge of what makes Americans look bad. I also like to hear what exactly makes me as American look bad.
You said it right... America was OWNED by British... it WASN'T Great Britain, it wanted to be independent or at least to have representation... but no, all British wanted was keeping colonies as supply depot from which they can take whatever they like, whenever they like and how much they like on a whim of some royal prick...

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2013, 09:15:27 pm »
You said it right... America was OWNED by British... it WASN'T Great Britain,

Is it just me, or since when is oversea territory not the actual land anymore?

It's the same as saying Hawaii isn't America, because just because they own it, doesn;t make it 'Murica

Offline Yaro

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2013, 09:16:54 pm »
Jocam,
You can stop your nonsense... I've never said anything about America being awesome or any of that gibberish that you scribbled... All I was talking so far was American Revolutionary War and that is it.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2013, 09:17:14 pm »
The americas were just as much Britain as canada and Ireland.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2013, 09:18:26 pm »
Jocam,
You can stop your nonsense... I've never said anything about America being awesome or any of that gibberish that you scribbled... All I was talking so far was American Revolutionary War and that is it.

Does that mean I am wrong? If so, prove me wrong, for my argument is exactly the same as yours.

Offline Yaro

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2013, 09:24:39 pm »
Bluehawk,
"do not imply that it is an objective fact universally observed by all that Americans had a fully developed national consciousness", and why not? I would like you to elaborate before I respond.

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2013, 09:25:25 pm »
Mr T,
Just because you agree with someone like Nipples doesn't make him right. Who made you the judge of what makes Americans look bad. I also like to hear what exactly makes me as American look bad.
You said it right... America was OWNED by British... it WASN'T Great Britain, it wanted to be independent or at least to have representation... but no, all British wanted was keeping colonies as supply depot from which they can take whatever they like, whenever they like and how much they like on a whim of some royal prick...

Why do I agree that you make Americans look bad? Because you clearly have a MAJOR sense of bias and one-sidedness that gives Americans a bad hearing, you clearly have that attitude that gives Americans a bad name, that "Ooooh 'MURICA land of freedom, liberty, the British were tyrants who needed to be stopped with their evil! Blablablablacrap".
It is this attitude, and others consisting of your bias/one sided nature that give Americans a bad wrap, I know not all Americans are bad, but you and your kind just ruin their image. As a British person, I can accept that Britain did many bad things in its history, every country has in their history, America no exception, but to say that the British were evil tyrants in the Americas? Just not true.

And your second paragraph just proves my point, where did you get your information from? What historians have said that the British just wanted the Americas to take what they liked whenever they liked? Fighting for the Americas in the mid 1700's was not about grapping what they wanted, but spreading its own country's influence and wealth and colonising, it was the same with all the countries that colonised the Americas, you talk as if colonising and spreading a country's influence is tyrannical and evil, but America was no different either.
Need I remind you of what the Americans did to expand after the war of 1812? That quite frankly was horrible.

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2013, 09:26:48 pm »
What Bluehawk was saying that it shouldn't be claimed that the citizens of the Thirteen Colonies saw themselves as Americans.

He just used big words.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline Yaro

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2013, 09:27:01 pm »
Duuring,
I never met an Irish(in America) who considers himself/herself British... in a matter of fact that probably would be a pretty bad insult to call one British.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2013, 09:28:40 pm »
Just the point that Yaro didnt reply to mine before this one, proves he can't counter it =D

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2013, 09:29:49 pm »
Duuring,
I never met an Irish(in America) who considers himself/herself British... in a matter of fact that probably would be a pretty bad insult to call one British.

that doesn't make the Irish less British though, how much they may hate it.