Author Topic: Great Armies, which was your favorite?  (Read 42558 times)

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Great Armies, which was your favorite?
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2013, 08:23:55 pm »
If you seriously think the Chinese military is even remotely close to a match for the modern US military, you're off your rocker, but I guess we already knew that.

To suggest North Korea's miserably equipped, badly trained, malnourished, terribly lead, backwards military is threat to anyone besides themselves is flat out insane.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2013, 08:33:34 pm »
If you seriously think the Chinese military is even remotely close to a match for the modern US military, you're off your rocker, but I guess we already knew that.

To suggest North Korea's miserably equipped, badly trained, malnourished, terribly lead, backwards military is threat to anyone besides themselves is flat out insane.

Never underestimate your enemies, bro.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2013, 09:36:05 pm »

I think it's already been established that he's off his rocker.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2013, 11:26:12 pm »

I think it's already been established that he's off his rocker.

I agree, but this quote really did it for me:
In the post-Victorian age ( 1900-1935 ), I'd say that the Montenegrins could count amongst the best armies, with their huge victory against the Austrians at Mojkovac in early January 1916, though the country fell..

So because they had ONE, I repeat, ONE big victory makes them automaticly the best among the world? Come on...

And this one:
I will not include the Montenegrins due that their only field of operations was a really small area of 10-20 towns with max population of 30.000 each, except for Dubrovnik ( Croatia ) which was a large town.

Might I remind you Dubrovnik was lost by the Russian-Montenegro army, as were apparently most of the skirmishes between Montenegro and France.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:28:57 pm by Duuring »

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2013, 08:50:27 am »
Duuring, he is a montenegrin nationalist.  ::) Nothing to do about it tbh.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2013, 10:10:43 am »
I know, but I like to comment on his craziness.

He actually claimed Montengro had a fleet of thirty 196-gun ships, on another forum. 196!

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2013, 01:10:54 pm »
I know, but I like to comment on his craziness.

He actually claimed Montengro had a fleet of thirty 196-gun ships, on another forum. 196!

:o Made me giggle

Offline Justo

• Volunteer
  • 3e Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2013, 04:11:20 pm »
The Red Army, for the glorious charisma and passion. Not so much for the tactics and skill.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2013, 04:25:04 pm »
The Red Army, for the glorious charisma and passion. Not so much for the tactics and skill.

But they were all brainwashed, so charisma can take a shit. I do respect the russian army of pre-revolution russia though. They had some pretty tough fighters.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2013, 04:37:37 pm »

But they were all brainwashed, so charisma can take a shit. I do respect the russian army of pre-revolution russia though. They had some pretty tough fighters.

The Soviet WWII soldiers were just as brainwashed (to think their system was the greatest) as the Germans of their Facist-system and the Americans of their democracy. Don't you think most soldier fought because they wanted to protect their land, and it just happened to be a communist state?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2013, 04:54:00 pm »

The Soviet WWII soldiers were just as brainwashed (to think their system was the greatest) as the Germans of their Facist-system and the Americans of their democracy. Don't you think most soldier fought because they wanted to protect their land, and it just happened to be a communist state?

This. Every soldier was "brainwashed" on his own way. (nation-wise). Otherwise I don't think they would even borther to fight without a real purpose...

Offline Justo

• Volunteer
  • 3e Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2013, 04:57:35 pm »

Well, brainwashed or not, the display of military power is very strong in pretty much every communist country.

Offline Justo

• Volunteer
  • 3e Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2013, 05:02:23 pm »

9,495,000 active, reserve, and paramilitary personnel, I don't care if they have clubs, that is a threat to smaller countries at the very least.

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2013, 08:52:33 pm »

9,495,000 active, reserve, and paramilitary personnel, I don't care if they have clubs, that is a threat to smaller countries at the very least.
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2013, 01:19:32 pm »

“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

Dat quote