Poll

What is your opinion on cannabis legalization?

Have it.
19 (45.2%)
Don't have it.
8 (19%)
Only for medical use.
9 (21.4%)
How much cannabis can I hide from my parents?
6 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: The 2018 Federal Wide Legalization for the Recreational Use of Cannabis - Canada  (Read 20257 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
I'm not arguing either for or against legalization but I just want to point out that comparing it to other substances isn't advisable. The health risks and the pros and cons should be evaluated independently rather than in comparison to other substances so we can get a clearer picture of it's potential risks. If it carries any sort of risk then we should seriously consider the implications of legalization.

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
I'm not arguing either for or against legalization but I just want to point out that comparing it to other substances isn't advisable. The health risks and the pros and cons should be evaluated independently rather than in comparison to other substances so we can get a clearer picture of it's potential risks. If it carries any sort of risk then we should seriously consider the implications of legalization.

It can be very helpful to compare and I think that a government should stay logically consistent but generally I'm on your side there.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile

It can be very helpful to compare and I think that a government should stay logically consistent but generally I'm on your side there.
It can be helpful to compare in certain situation but supporting the legalization of something simply because other, potentially more dangerous, things are legal is a weak argument.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
Cannabis wouldn't come on the chart of comparing deaths at all. Simply because no one has ever died as a result of cannabis use. Ever. No health department, no university laboratory and no coroner has ever recorded a death resulting from cannabis. I've seen cannabis  get laced with other drugs or just other shit, someone who i used to go to school with was hated and someone paid her dealer to lace her weed with rat poison, and now she's a vegetable. That wouldn't have happened if the drug was legalized. All the health concerns affiliated with synthetic cannabis and cannabis laced with other stuff would not happen if the drug was legalized. That's the only way cannabis is harmful to most people.

I think the comparison of other drugs to cannabis is used to show that the goal of the government is not to preserve health. As someone pointed out before, cannabis is a class B drug in the U.K., along with ketamine, but GHB is a class C. If the goal was actually health concerns and what it does to you, it should be the other way around if cannabis should be on there at all.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
Cannabis wouldn't come on the chart of comparing deaths at all. Simply because no one has ever died as a result of cannabis use. Ever. No health department, no university laboratory and no coroner has ever recorded a death resulting from cannabis. I've seen cannabis  get laced with other drugs or just other shit, someone who i used to go to school with was hated and someone paid her dealer to lace her weed with rat poison, and now she's a vegetable. That wouldn't have happened if the drug was legalized. All the health concerns affiliated with synthetic cannabis and cannabis laced with other stuff would not happen if the drug was legalized. That's the only way cannabis is harmful to most people.

I think the comparison of other drugs to cannabis is used to show that the goal of the government is not to preserve health. As someone pointed out before, cannabis is a class B drug in the U.K., along with ketamine, but GHB is a class C. If the goal was actually health concerns and what it does to you, it should be the other way around if cannabis should be on there at all.
thats just so blatantly wrong
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 06:59:45 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
We could talk about alcohol deaths..

Everything can be lethal, especially going outside for instance.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile

Vince knows what's up. That's why I don't go outside.

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral

Vince knows what's up. That's why I don't go outside.

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
No it's really not. No one has ever died from cannabis in the history of its usage dating back hundreds if not thousands of years. I challenge you to find me one case.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
I'm not saying she did or didn't just providing a potential example.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/marijuana-triggered-deaths-of-two-men-study-says/
I found the above example and it seems to suggest that maybe marijuana can lead to complications if the user has previous health issues, although it is only a single article but an interesting read nonetheless.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
While there are 70 cancer causing chemicals found in tobacco, 30 of them are found in smoking marijuana, so yes theoretically you can get lung cancer from smoking weed (not talking once a day but every few days), which can 'theoretically' lead to death (not to mention everyone inhales obviously deeper with weed).  There have not been enough studies done showing direct relation to those that have died because they smoke weed and also cigs, but both have tar.  The American cancer society is actually continuing ongoing long term studies for this in 8 legalized states, so we will see sooner or later. 

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
It's not debated by anyone that marijuana has killed zero people in the history of its use.

Take the examples on this link - https://familycouncil.org/?p=11795

All the examples provided, the death is caused by something else. The first one being car accidents, if you get in a car while stoned of course you're going to have problems. But the cause of death isn't cannabis, it's a car accident. The second one, same thing. The third one, same thing. The fourth, the cause of death was a gunshot. Fifth one, if you have a heart condition it can lead to heart attacks. The cause might have been connected to cannabis but the cause has never been cannabis, ever. By death caused by cannabis I mean you overdose on THC or CBD (which is physically impossible, it simply cannot be done).

The study done under Ronald Reagan is a huge example, monkeys were tested and they did die. But the thing is, the way the tests were conducted was that twice a day the monkeys were hooked up to gas masks and pumped with pure THC for a solid 15 minutes. They received the equivalent of 3000 high quality joints twice a day in the space of 15 minutes. They died 6 months later, still not from canmabis. They died from suffocation. Because their lungs comprised of more THC than oxygen because they were pumped continuously of unrealistic amounts. You find someone who can smoke even 100 low quality joints a day and you have a case.

It's tar. It can cause lung cancer. That's not doubted. But it's the same as inhaling smoke from a camp fire. Should we ban camp fires too?

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
Cannabis doesn't kill, at least from what we know so far anyway. It does however lead to high incidence rates of mental illness among users; furthermore it's suspicious that of all the terrorist attacks that have been committed since 9/11 a majority of the perpetrators have subsequently been found to have been heavy cannabis users.