Poll

What is your opinion on cannabis legalization?

Have it.
19 (45.2%)
Don't have it.
8 (19%)
Only for medical use.
9 (21.4%)
How much cannabis can I hide from my parents?
6 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: The 2018 Federal Wide Legalization for the Recreational Use of Cannabis - Canada  (Read 20088 times)

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
apparently gorilla munch cereal cures AIDS because I'm not lying. You can't take the word of the US Government on any form of drug use because of their previous studies on cannabis, most notably the Ronald Reagan cannabis research. No form of independent research can be conducted on it because the drug is illegal. Legalize it, and we will know the truth.
Considering our government is the gold standard for any drug research anywhere in the world... no, and it is legal here, and they have new studies.. from legal drug use research.  It doesnt make you smarter

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
Ok I just want to clarify that codeine is by no means a dangerous or highly addictive drug. Co-codamol is paracetamol with codeine which you can buy over the counter. If you take too many, you're far more likely to die of paracetamol overdose than respiratory arrest from the codeine. Morphine and diamorphine (heroin) are a very different story.

Carry on.

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
I only see you guys arguying about whether it can or cannot cause damage. For me, the ratio and how much one needs to smoke in order to really risk likely brain damage is much more important. If cannabis turns out not to be more damaging than alcohol or tobacco, the discussion is over for me as drug policices should rely on damage and not tradition or whatever other excuse one could come up with...

And even if it is more damaging, there are good arguments for legalizing all drugs. From what I've seen so far cannabis is not comparable to tobacco or alcohol in terms of damage caused.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:14:43 am by Phoen!x »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
I only you guys arguying about whether it can or cannot cause damage. For me, the ratio and how much one needs to smoke in order to really risk likely brain damage is much more important. If cannabis turns out not to be more damaging than alcohol or tobacco, the discussion is over for me as drug policices should rely on damage and not tradition or whatever other excuse one could come up with...

And even if it is more damaging, there are good arguments for legalizing all drugs. From what I've seen so far cannabis is not comparable to tobacco or alcohol in terms of damage caused.
One of my core beliefs is believing in personal freedom and responsibility. However, that ends when someones life choices interfere with the personal property of someone else, and the side effects of most illegal drugs are always, in some way, damaging to individuals and society.
I fail to see any meritable reasons for the legalization of all drugs.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
Then it also should be illegal to drive a car, because that's an unnecessarily dangerous and polluting way of transport. Everybody should ride busses, take trains or cycle, otherwise they're both endangering my life and ruining societal health.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Then it also should be illegal to drive a car, because that's an unnecessarily dangerous and polluting way of transport. Everybody should ride busses, take trains or cycle, otherwise they're both endangering my life and ruining societal health.
Then, by your logic, everybody should have to pass a test and get a license to use drugs.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
No, because having a driver license does nothing to stop pollution and nearly all accidents are by licensed drivers anyway.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
No, because having a driver license does nothing to stop pollution and nearly all accidents are by licensed drivers anyway.
And that's why there are pollution caps/limits for cars and repercussions/punishments for accidents. Besides, the important distinction is that driving is a privilege that you seek permission and pay for.

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
I only you guys arguying about whether it can or cannot cause damage. For me, the ratio and how much one needs to smoke in order to really risk likely brain damage is much more important. If cannabis turns out not to be more damaging than alcohol or tobacco, the discussion is over for me as drug policices should rely on damage and not tradition or whatever other excuse one could come up with...

One of my core beliefs is believing in personal freedom and responsibility. However, that ends when someones life choices interfere with the personal property of someone else, and the side effects of most illegal drugs are always, in some way, damaging to individuals and society.
I fail to see any meritable reasons for the legalization of all drugs.

The reasons for legalizing drugs are more about helping addicts than the rest of society. One of my core beliefs is the priorization of health over money (I suppose your point was about health insurance whereas you'd save an enormous amount of money that you could put into health management if you were to get rid of the war on drugs.) I wouldn't  say that legalization would increase drug consumption (of hard drugs that easily cause huge damage), in fact I think it would solve many problems especially concerning health issues.

But that's another discussion. My point was about cannabis. Also there's not much freedom left
if you take everything out that interferes with other people
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:42:06 am by Phoen!x »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I agree with you that healthcare should focus on solving addiction and helping addicts rather than straight incarceration, too, but it's nonsensical to think that legalizing heroin will decrease heroin addiction or usage.

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
I agree with you that healthcare should focus on solving addiction and helping addicts rather than straight incarceration, too, but it's nonsensical to think that legalizing heroin will decrease heroin addiction or usage.

Non-increase /= decrease

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
apparently gorilla munch cereal cures AIDS because I'm not lying. You can't take the word of the US Government on any form of drug use because of their previous studies on cannabis, most notably the Ronald Reagan cannabis research. No form of independent research can be conducted on it because the drug is illegal. Legalize it, and we will know the truth.
Considering our government is the gold standard for any drug research anywhere in the world... no, and it is legal here, and they have new studies.. from legal drug use research.  It doesnt make you smarter

Karth, everyone knows the US Government lies constantly about drugs. The whole reason cannabis is illegal in the first place is because Harry J Anslinger ran a smear campaign on it based on nothing but lies in order not to get defunded. The lies were reported again with Richard Nixon and his aide John Ehrlichman. And Ronald Reagan too. It's hard to take anything the US Government says about drugs reliably because of what John Ehrlichman said in 1994. I think I already posted that quote in this thread.

The University of British Columbia, University of Saskatchewan and the University of York are the leading research facilities for cannabis. The Government of Canada allows researchers to do their own thing. Conduct their own studies and publish their results on their blogs. The US Government doesn't allow researchers to do that. And I know that because I know researchers at US universities who have worked on cannabis. It is all scripted and in the governments favour. Because of its current legal stance in the federal government, no proper research can be conducted in a proper laboratory.

California and Colorado are the only states with legal use of cannabis. And California hasn't had it legal for long enough to conduct any extensive research. Colorado though, the crime rate has dropped, tax revenue has gone up and thousands of new jobs have been created in a brand new industry. I can't see how this could possibly be a bad thing.

Look up a documentary called "The Union: The Business Behind Getting High". You will see what the experts on this field think about the illegal cannabis trade, and what legalization of it would mean.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
Not to mention the benefit on health it can have, there is quickly mounting evidnce it can support PTSD, Parkinson's and Cancer
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
"Many economists predict that the legalization of cocaine and heroin would reduce street prices by up to 60 percent, depending on if and how much they were taxed. According to an important study, price declines of that size would increase the number of occasional users of heroin by 54 percent and the number of occasional users of cocaine by 33 percent. The total quantity of heroin demanded would rise by an estimated 100 percent, and the quantity of cocaine demanded would rise by 50 percent." -my econ book
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
*holds up Bat Sign with Stephen's name*