Author Topic: European Community List - Melee  (Read 80508 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: European Community List - Melee
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2017, 01:15:56 pm »
Simple curiosity Stark, for how long are you playing the game competitively? Cause I've never seen your name before when I was (I mean back in 2012-2014) so just a honest question ;)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2017, 01:17:55 pm »
Started playing since 2012, comp 2014, that doesn't mean i don't know stuff ;)
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2017, 01:24:28 pm »
If you think I was implying that you didn't know stuff then I apologize, that wasn't the idea at all. Do know I have too much respect for your person to think that. What I was heavily implying however (and I think you got it right anyways) is that if you only started playing competitively in 2014, then I believe its gonna be a bit hard for you to judge on the level of a player who was one of the best french and EU player on MM and as many in that case, was also one of the best in the early NW, aka 2012/2013. He played in 2014 and 2015 but was drastically less active.

That doesn't actually mean Stéphane's ranking on that list shouldn't be re-considered, just that you maybe don't have all the elements to produce an accurate and honest judgement on his skill and wherever he deserves to be on such a high ranking. No offense meant, obviously.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:00:57 pm by Tardet »

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2017, 01:32:32 pm »
He was good in early NW, that says it all to me.

Some old players are mentioned as gods just for the fact that they're old *drama inc*. (Not meaning Stephane)

But hey maybe im wrong, either way i still believe that JHS deserves a higher rating.
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2017, 01:43:46 pm »
He was good in early NW, that says it all to me.

He wasn't 'good', he was considered one of the very best in the french community and certainly in the EU community aswell. Makes an important difference to my eyes, atleast worth being noticed. If you're part of those people who actually think that because people were good in early NW and don't play the game anymore means that they were actually not as good as the people playing right now, (which is basically the same type of reasoning I hear from LeBrave since I know him) then yeah indeed, it's probably pointless arguing because there is not much to say except you don't know the community as much as I think you did, or atleast that we have a complete different views on it but unlike you and without any arrogance, atleast did I play both to actually be able to make a judgement (which doesn't make it a valid one, by any mean).

The level actually quite improved in groupfighting, meaning that the groupfighting format actually somewhat professionalized itself thanks to people like Haze (and many others) while it was just a 'one month thingy' back then and teams used to live and die for the duration of the tournament only, there was hardly any sort of gfs trainings matches or big league bewteen tournaments, atleast nothing close to the current average.

That however ain't an argument to judge if the current community is more skilled. Obviously, years have passed, the meta changed and some new stuff appeared like the chambers block but that's an endless debate and not really what the thread is about. The list is 'all time' based, therefore I believe Stéphane deserves such ranking or atleast something relatively close.

But hey maybe im wrong, either way i still believe that JHS deserves a higher rating.

Maybe you're but maybe I'm, maybe we both are to some extend, but atleast do we agree on the fact JHS should be higher, so that's actually the begining of something ;)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:45:36 pm by Tardet »

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2017, 01:54:04 pm »
I think it's more the fact that we have two complete different views on the community which is fine and i respect.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2017, 01:54:43 pm »
I think it's more the fact that we have two complete different views on the community which is fine and i respect.

Fair enough ;)

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
  • 22nd Cheshire Regiment of Foot Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Col_Murphy
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2017, 01:58:45 pm »
People were better than others at different peaks, I would say JHS deserves a similar position - the real competitive community didn't start until 2014 - that was when the game was at its highest competitive peak and JHS played a lot more events and competitions, if you round up the averages compared to those two players, on average JHS would be the stronger player, he was also against a more experienced player base on a more regular basis compared to Stephane. They're two good players, I would rank them the same. Stephane's peak performance was stronger - JHS was in the community a long time and his skill had ups and downs, if Stephane didn't quit the game it's likely his performance would've dropped over that time period too.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:01:34 pm by Heist »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2017, 02:00:45 pm »
Can vouch, was bumboy of Crumpet's reggy in IIe back in 2013
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2017, 02:01:09 pm »
Can vouch, was bumboy of Crumpet's reggy in IIe back in 2013
Safe.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2017, 02:01:58 pm »
People were better than others at different peaks, I would say JHS deserves a similar position - the real competitive community didn't start until 2014 - that was when the game was at its highest competitive peak and JHS played a lot more events and competitions, if you round up the averages compared to those two players, on average JHS would be the stronger player, he was also against a more experienced player base on a more regular basis compared to Stephane. They're two good players, I would rank them the same.

Not much to disagree with, I would also rank them on the same level. I just spent more times with Stephane so I believe I know him a bit better than JHS (who was a sick player, no doubt).

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2017, 02:08:36 pm »
People were better than others at different peaks, I would say JHS deserves a similar position - the real competitive community didn't start until 2014 - that was when the game was at its highest competitive peak and JHS played a lot more events and competitions, if you round up the averages compared to those two players, on average JHS would be the stronger player, he was also against a more experienced player base on a more regular basis compared to Stephane. They're two good players, I would rank them the same.

Not much to disagree with, I would also rank them on the same level. I just spent more times with Stephane so I believe I know him a bit better than JHS (who was a sick player, no doubt).

It's a matter of opinion isn't it, I know people that would rate me 90, and I know people that wouldn't even consider me to be on the list.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2017, 02:09:54 pm »
DayBoul > Elessar and Kobzik
lul
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2017, 02:14:03 pm »

It's a matter of opinion isn't it, I know people that would rate me 90, and I know people that wouldn't even consider me to be on the list.

What I know however is that, no matter wherever or not you would deserve to be on this melee list, you would definetly be on THE list, anytime of the day. Should be all which matters to your eyes, honestly.

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2017, 02:24:42 pm »

What I know however is that, no matter wherever or not you would deserve to be on this melee list, you would definetly be on THE list, anytime of the day. Should be all which matters to your eyes, honestly.

It's surprising how many Regimental Leaders aren't on the list, only Me, Posh and Spartan - I always thought St3fan and Primus were good meleers but according to this not as good as the Higher tier people.