Author Topic: Community Chronicles  (Read 32503 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Community Chronicles
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2017, 10:10:04 pm »
Thanks a lot for all the feedbacks, don't hesitate to suggest people to interview to me if you think of anyone! :)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2017, 10:28:38 pm »
Thanks a lot for all the feedbacks, don't hesitate to suggest people to interview to me if you think of anyone! :)
Jackie?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2017, 10:32:24 pm »
Jackie is the same as Tav and Donald, not so much that he wouldn't be interested, just that I havn't heard of him for quite a long time so I wouldn't know how to reach him.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2017, 10:50:11 pm »
Jackie is the same as Tav and Donald, not so much that he wouldn't be interested, just that I havn't heard of him for quite a long time so I wouldn't know how to reach him.
I can give you his steam profile link over DM. He's still fairly active in NA.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

MATT123456789

« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2017, 10:56:36 pm »
hmm is it cuz he's the "GOAT" of the game? ahahhaa oh mane..........

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Frittentime
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2017, 10:38:48 am »
PrideofNi would be nice

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2017, 11:38:20 am »
PrideofNi would be nice

7 years experience.

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2017, 01:19:16 pm »
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Enix

• First Lieutenant
  • Ordre 66
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 75e_Cpt_Lavoignet_Lucien
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2017, 01:30:11 pm »

COMMUNITY CHRONICLES: EVENT REVIEW

THE 8TH COALITION
Or the day the IVe french giant was floored

»To understand why this event is so particular, there is obviously the need of a little background for those who are not familiar with the IVe Corps d’Armee Française. It certainly is one of the most emblematic, oldest and successful French structure on the DLC and before, on the mod Mount & Musket. I would say that a good 50% if not more of the French community either joined them when they started the game, or were part of it at some points in their NW career. Even If they had their ups and downs, they exist since MM and never ever disbanded, which means that they’re also probably one of the oldest EU structure (if not the oldest) still alive and kicking. But most importantly, before this event takes place, they managed to hold the strongest record of invincibility ever detained by an army corps, their peak lasting until they were very closely defeated by a German army corps / brigade while being outnumbered by 30+ men throughout the whole event.  Being rather involved in the community at the time, I was often on the IVe teamspeak and had the occasion to discuss about this with them a lot. And without any form of cockiness (they’re probably part of the least arrogant lads I know in the community) some admitted to me that they’d be really glad getting a real challenge for once because they hadn’t find any so far, after a good two years or more of Lbs.

That’s where the idea of a coalition started. A coalition which would aim at proving wherever or not the IVe Corps d’Armée Française could actually be beaten, fair and straight, in an event both sides would actually take seriously. After getting the IVe agreement for a LB, I dedicated myself to find the best regiments possible for this event. I also wanted it to be, in some way, a representation of the community and not simply the best skilled regiments at the time. For example, while the 14e is considered the best French regiment in the EU community, for a good reason, I was myself a CO in the 75e at the time and obviously wanted my regiment to get involved as Line and Art so having another French line regiment would make the whole event a bit too ‘French’ based overall and that wasn’t the whole idea. That’s why I offered the 8lr, the best German line regiment and also a major EU one, to partake, and it didn’t take long for them to accept. As for the cavalry regiment, it was also rather obvious. At the time, the 75e had an excellent relationship with the 14pk, certainly one of the best cavalry regiment ever in the EU community, and without a doubt the best polish one. The boys were playing heavy cavalry and kicking at it like it was never seen before. My only concern was the light infantry. I didn’t know many ‘good’ light regiments and most were already in Army Corps so I knew that would-be kind of hard to get them to play without their other regiments. That’s when the 60th came to my mind. At the time, they were not the trolly regiment most of you guys may know but one of the best lights out there, and extremely deadly no matter the range. As they accepted to join us, the coalition was finalized.

So that was it. The event was settled. I had managed to gather all the regiments I wanted - which wasn’t as easy as it may look by the way -  and had send them a long PM (I was already a big fan of writing huge novels back then) to explain them the strong points and weaknesses of the IVe Corps. All regiments knew how we should proceed in order to beat them, I had got them to set-up the whispers bewteen all leaders and 2nd in command, and informed them of what was at stake. The IVe was ready as well. The battle could finally start. «

THE COALITION IS ON ITS WAY

1st Map - Random Plains

The battle took place in a huge plain scenery except that for a ‘plain’ environment, both teams had some interesting hills to use close to their spawn, the coalition slightly possessing the upper group in that scenario. The first round saw both formations testing eachothers at long range without seeing anyone having a large success from that. After sometimes, the IVe Corps’ Light Infantry, the 5e Voltigeurs, started dangerously engaging the 60th Skirmishers, taking some causalities while fighting back. The fight later took a decisive turn when the 14pk engaged themselves into the battle, triggering the reaction of the 7e Hussards. When the 45e and 2e Grenadier arrived at the center of the battle, many men had already died and they sadly couldn’t turn that round back to the advantage of the IVe Corps d’Armée. 1-0 for the Coalition.

It is also worth being noticed that the the IVe Corps were actually heavily outnumbered at the beginning of the battle, between 15 and 20 men, a balance which would be fixed later during the battle. The 2nd Round saw the Coalition marching arrogantly towards the IVe Lines and relatively soon, the 8lr and the 60th saw themselves facing the 45e, 2e and 5e in the plains and taking the advantages due to superior firing. While the 45e and the 2e were trying to re-position themselves, the 75e and the 14pk who had flanked the IVe in the meantime, swooped together on the 5e, leaving no chance whatsoever to the poor voltigeurs, and making a decisive move in order to claim the victory for that second round.  2-0 Coalition.

Unable to find the solution, the IVe Corps didn’t really change its strategy and the third round saw the same beginning as the previous one, the 45e taking some heavy causalities while the 75e and 8lr were firing from better covers. When the fight broke down and all regiments engaged the melee, the Frenchmen fought bravely but couldn’t have enough of an impact. This round was closer due to a really good showing and last stand from the 5e Voltigeurs, but eventually came down to the 9e as the last soldiers alive from the IVe, getting crushed by the rest of the coalition’s lines. 3-0.
THE FRENCH EMPIRE HAS FALLEN!

2nd Map - Random Desert

At this point the situation was desperate for the IVe Corps d’Armée Française, unable to get a single round going their way. The map changed and with it, the hopes that the Frenchmen could switch the momentum back to their side.

The first round started positively for them as the 2e Grenadier was taking the upper hand on the 8lr with some excellent shooting. The 45e and 5e were moving alongside, trying to find a breach in the shell of their opponent. Unfortunately, when the 8lr engaged the 2e Grenadier in melee, they proved once for all while they were one of the most dangerous line infantry of the whole community, destroying their entire line while barely getting any deaths in return. The 45e decided to engage the 60th after taking some shots from them while the 75e were engaging the 5e close to to them. Thanks to the 7e Hussards helping them, the 45e didn’t have too much difficulties crushing the 60th and when the 14pk arrived, most of the british riflemen were either dead or retreating. On the other hand, the 5e Voltigeurs had managed to contain the 75e line and everything was still possible.
The difference was made when the 8lr joined the last 75e and 14pk soldiers and showed no mercy while killing the last soldiers of the Emperor. Once again, only the 9e Artillery remained. And once again, they couldn’t win the round on their own. The Coalition had won. The IVe Corps was defeated.

The last two rounds not having much impact on the result, it was all in the IVe hands to transform this decisive victory for the coalition in a somewhat even final result. The 2nd round of the desert map could have been the first one claimed by the IVe Corps but once again the coalition was proven stronger.
The last round was just similar to the previous ones, and you could feel the moral wasn’t at best for the IVe Corps. The coalition didn’t waste much time, rushing without much strategy towards the enemy lines, 14pk leading the charge.

TEAM PRESENTATION

45e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne Line Infantry [Leader - Killian] (~25)
The 45e Régiment d’Infanterie de Ligne is the oldest line infantry regiment within the French community. At the time of its creation, the IVe Corps didn’t exist yet and due to the 2e Hussards (which would later become the famous 7e Hussards) playing often Line Infantry in events, they decided to create the first regiment of the IVe Corps d’Armée. The 45e was born. A bunch of famous leader had the honor to command this regiment but nowdays the regiment is under the leadership of Vade and Darknight, two famous French veterans, after Killian’s departure. If they never really managed to establish themselves into the EU competitive scene, the 45e won the Ligue Impériale (a French contest) not so long ago and impress by their longevity and experience as one of the oldest. 
2e Régiment des Grenadiers de la Garde Inpériale Grenadiers [Leader - Stéphane] (~25)
Same as the 45e, the 2e Régiment des Grenadiers de la Garde is the second line of the IVe Corps and if they also never made that much of an impact competitively speaking, they too won the Ligue Imperiale once and act as some kind of reference among the French scene. Most people also don’t know that a good bunch of the people who created the 14e are also former 2e Grenadier COs. When they left, the regiment was disbanded but later re-created thanks to Stéphane, who after so many years, still occupy the highest-ranking position within the regiment. 
5e Régiment des Voltigeurs de la Garde Impériale Light Infantry [Leader - BlackHawk] (~15)
It has always been somewhat complicated to rank the light infantry regiments as there was never a competitive scene for them. That being said, if such thing had existed, the 5e Régiment de Voltigeurs would surely deserve its place among the best. Impressive by its capacity to decimate a regiment at long range, they also improved in melee by the years and had some excellent players, individually speaking, while managing to preserve a friendly atmosphere within their ranks. More than a regiment, the 5e was a big family and if they don’t play NW nowadays, they continue to stick together as a group..
7e Régiment de Hussard Hussars [Leader - Pierrus] (~15)
If the other regiments from the IVe Corps never really gave too much importance to the individual titles and other competitive experiences in the NW community, it’s another story for the 7e Hussard. Without a doubt the best French cavalry of the whole NW scene, the regiment was lead at the beginning by Pierrus and Mat, from Mount & Musket to the start of the NW era. But its definitely Erik, Sukesa, Peponi and Exofrance who helped the 7e Hussard earning its stripes by winning a CWNL 1st place and many other tournaments, and therefore establishing their regiment as one of the most feared and respected structure of the EU cavalry scene. .
9e Régiment d'Artillerie à pied Artillery [Leader - Ulysse Grant] (~5)
But if I had to pick one regiment among all of them to represent the IVe at best, it would be the 9e Régiment d’Artillerie à pied. Stable as a wall, modest, quiet. The 9e has always been doing his work but never took much credits for it. Lead by Chronos, a veteran among the artillery captains, for a really long time, the 9e is currently lead by Ulysse Grant who took over after Chronos’s departure and continue to make the 9e’s canons resonating on the battlefield for years now. The 9e also hold an incredible number of records but you will hardly see them cocking about it because same as the all the regiments of the IVe Corps, what matters is the teamwork they can produce together, not the individual achievements. That’s how they get the job done.

TEAM PRESENTATION

The 8th Coalition

14. Pułk Kirasjerów Heavy Cavalry [Leader - Patrykus] (~15)
Anyone who call himself a cavalry player veteran and doesn't know the 14pk is automatically a fool to my eyes. They were without a doubt one of the most sucessful polish regiment of the whole NW, if not the most successful, and maintened a healthy rivalry  with the 7e Hussard which at this time was the Number 1 Cavalry Regiment on the scene, making them also feared within the EU community. The guys were just massive force which could be unleashed at any moment on the battlefield, absolutely unstoppable. I feel honestly lucky to have been given the chance to see them in action so often, back then, that was something.
8.Leib-Grenadier-Regiment Line Infantry [Leader - Vampyr] (~35)
If there was one regiment I could get back from the old days, one regiment I would want back, that wouldn't be the 91st nor the 91st or Nr24 but certainly the 8lr. Because unlike the first three, I really feel that they didn't really get the recognition they truly deserved. Indisputably the best german line infantry regiment, the 8lr was also a positive force within the community, respectul, mature, lads and its too often we forgot about them. And if I had to pick one of the saddest day as well in this community, one would surely be the day when Vampyr publicy announced their retirement from the community. You felt a giant was gone. And an impotant part of the NW/MM community as well.
60th Royal American Rifles Light Infantry [Leader - Peter] (~15)
Before being known as FSE martyrs and fighters of the tyrany, the 60th was actually a relatively serious regiment, quite skilled and mostly famous for its 'hit and run' strategies which used to decimate lines before they could even see where the firing would come from. The regiment was lead by Peter Broetz, and seconded during this event but Shortshorts I believe. And as you can see on the video, they were extremely deadly throughout the whole event and a massive factor of our victory, even if they kept complaining 'we should have let them more kills.' British skirmishers at their finest.
75e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne Line Infantry + Artillery Company [Leader - MacAaron] (~40)
If many remember the 14e as the best french regiment in the EU and French scene since they won the NWL and competed at the highest level for years, there was a little french regiment called the 75e which started from basically nothing and during 6 months (the 1st edition) got to play and face the best, and even defeat some. Some great french names, like Sinjide, Aexos, Clash, Breizh, Bessières, Tibérias and many more were inniatally part of this regiment and after the 14e obviously, it was the most competitive and skilled regiment of the french scene and a quite known structure within the EU scene as well, quite based on the 91st and on the 92nd ones, but with the french touch.

CONCLUSION

This event if anything, proved that it doesn't take ages to get a good teamplay and synergy. Simply the capacity to set-up good whispers and use this communication at the best of its possibility. That's what the Coalition did and its honestly nothing spectacular. But it worked because all the regiments were among the best in their respective categories and because instead of simply doing things on their own, they worked together throughout the whole event towards the same goal, defeating the IVe Corps. There was no individual prowess in this event but simply massive teamwork’s and joy to play with and against people you respect.
On the IVe’ side however it was a bit of a different story. They fairly admitted that they were not prepared to such a challenge but what was probably the most problematic issue with them is that they never really seemed willing to adapt themselves to what the Coalition was doing, one of the big criticism from the regimental leaders of the IVe Corps towards the High Commanding Officers.

The 7e Hussard was actually one of the rare regiment capable of fighting on an equal footing with the 14pk but they, alone, couldn’t change the faith of that battle.

ARTICLE BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE COMMUNITY CHRONICLES, WRITTEN BY @TARDEEET, PROOFREAD BY @TBA,  DESIGN BY @SCAR_MBW, CREDITS TO SUPER AND BRAVESCOT FOR THE ICONS

The memories  :'( :'(
#TeamMacAaron
Proud Ex-Sergent/Captain of the 75e.
EnixBest1vs1LeaderFr

Offline Le Goob

• Second Lieutenant
  • Goob'd. Malaka.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The MM Legend
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2017, 09:55:32 pm »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2017, 10:30:53 pm »
Amazing Tardet... Love your posts as always.

If you are going to carry on doing this.. You have to jump on the 14e events. The highlight of 2013-14 were the 14e Thursday and Sunday Line events. Lots of competition, no small lines, even a cannon on a Sunday! Not sure if anyone else agrees but there hasn't been an event to those standards since. When I disbanded the 83rd to form 18e in 2013, they were the events I looked forward to the most as an upcoming competitive regiment :D

Example from perspective of Flopz just incase
[close]
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Bob_The_Drunken_Villager

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2017, 10:43:11 pm »
*subscribe*

Wonderful Tardet, keep doing this kinda stuff.  ;D
"When we found the Abyss, we fought.
Through our blood, we did not find what we sought.
New challenger, end us, so we may rot.
For our journey into the Abyss, was all for nought."

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2017, 06:03:47 am »
Thanks a lot for the nice comments Bob and Price. And yeah, those events were indeed really nice. Not sure there would be a point narrating them from my perspective but I will surely come to talk about the 14e anyways.

Offline Axiom

• Colonel
  • Gif King
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2017, 08:58:28 pm »
Should ask Evan but am not sure if he'd do it

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2017, 02:05:33 am »
Should ask Evan but am not sure if he'd do it

Depends, I think he would be down with the idea if he knows Hekko is aswell. They were two of the greatest personalities I've met on NW, having one without the other would piss me off, not gonna lie. :p