Author Topic: NWWC 2017  (Read 371128 times)

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NWWC 2017
« Reply #1860 on: March 31, 2017, 12:35:56 am »

Roster:

Cpt Carolus
Cpt EPICxPIZZA
Him
Stark
Sticklitz
Janne
ZeroSkilled
Rydhs
Merrox
Cletus
Henkka
Fralla8
Alator
MiniMario

Now hold on, this is allowed ?
I can understand the point of view from Finland seeing there isnt to many players around for them to even attempt to make a team, but Sweden has more then enough to make a team.
But I suppose if there was some spooky chat and agreement to make sure the finns got a chance to play I suppose its fine...
I allowed it. The Finns couldnt really field a Team so I allowed them to play for Sweden.

oh yea that is cool then can I have players from Austria and Italy then?  ::)

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1861 on: March 31, 2017, 12:51:16 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Team:  Belarus

Final Roster:

Grecha Co-Cpt
HEMIQUAVER Co-Cpt
NVS
NagibashenkO
BLR_Free
Benisaurus
NPXO
Neadekvat
PotatoKiller
Freedom
MacLeod
Tur
Chink
Babai
wait what
I think it's "BLR_FREE" guy from cracked version
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Grecha

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Grecha
« Reply #1862 on: March 31, 2017, 12:53:16 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Final Roster:

Grecha Co-Cpt
HEMIQUAVER Co-Cpt
NVS
NagibashenkO
BLR_Free
Benisaurus
NPXO
Neadekvat
PotatoKiller
Freedom
MacLeod
Tur
Chink
Babai
wait what

Oops, my friend have a same nickname with u, I can ask him to change it if u want

Offline Grecha

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Grecha
« Reply #1863 on: March 31, 2017, 12:54:29 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Final Roster:

Grecha Co-Cpt
HEMIQUAVER Co-Cpt
NVS
NagibashenkO
BLR_Free
Benisaurus
NPXO
Neadekvat
PotatoKiller
Freedom
MacLeod
Tur
Chink
Babai
wait what
I think it's "BLR_FREE" guy from cracked version
We have BLR_Free and Freedom, two different ppl

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: March 31, 2017, 01:00:45 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Final Roster:

Grecha Co-Cpt
HEMIQUAVER Co-Cpt
NVS
NagibashenkO
BLR_Free
Benisaurus
NPXO
Neadekvat
PotatoKiller
Freedom
MacLeod
Tur
Chink
Babai
wait what

Oops, my friend have a same nickname with u, I can ask him to change it if u want
after this try to ask spanish kami to change a nickname, cuz we have another one in team ukraine  ::)
lul
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
« Reply #1865 on: March 31, 2017, 01:01:30 am »
I would like to express my honest opinion here, little though it may matter.

The debate with the small nations teams has been going on since the NW release as far as I remember. The fact is; There are very few countries that CAN NOT field 10 people for a match. Will that 10 man team be good? No definitely not. But it will be a National team. People should play as that, not try to find ways to be super competitive. If every minor nation brought their team that, admittedly, cannot compete with the "Big-Ones" the tourney would became more true, more unique. Take for example the Gibraltar national football team. They never really hope for victories, but they do go to play. They DO play with what they have.

That is what we have been doing with the Greek team for years. We play as we can, we never had more than 2-3 really good players at a time (myself not really being one) but we tried and gave a fight.

Now, I am not judging the Host's opinion here, nor do I try to alter it, this is why I waited for the end of the sign ups to post. I am just trying to raise a point about the difference between the desire to Try and win and the desire to just see the Victory. Which both are acceptable approaches.

I really wish we could see more, currently looking, honest attempts like this years' Serbjan or Bellarussian teams. Both try to field their Nations team instead of just trying to find a couple of old Veterans to mix with a neighbouring country. Which is also almost the case with Ireland this year. I don't want to insult anyone, but this debate has pretty much transformed into a joke.  I do understand though that the situation between countries that are so linked together (Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales) can be tricky. I think that the decision to make players with dual citizenship pick a permanent team once and for all is the best possible, as long as it is done clearly and impartially.

Finally, yeah, I definitely understand that people want to have a chance at winning. That is something completely understandable. I just don't personally sympathise with the merge or cheat (fake national identity, which has happened A LOT in the past) approach.

Call me a Greek in debt and disagree, I'll get it :P

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 31, 2017, 01:18:33 am »

The debate with the small nations teams has been going on since the NW release as far as I remember. The fact is; There are very few countries that CAN NOT field 10 people for a match. Will that 10 man team be good? No definitely not. But it will be a National team. People should play as that, not try to find ways to be super competitive. If every minor nation brought their team that, admittedly, cannot compete with the "Big-Ones" the tourney would became more true, more unique. Take for example the Gibraltar national football team. They never really hope for victories, but they do go to play. They DO play with what they have.

That is what we have been doing with the Greek team for years. We play as we can, we never had more than 2-3 really good players at a time (myself not really being one) but we tried and gave a fight.

Now, I am not judging the Host's opinion here, nor do I try to alter it, this is why I waited for the end of the sign ups to post. I am just trying to raise a point about the difference between the desire to Try and win and the desire to just see the Victory. Which both are acceptable approaches.

I really wish we could see more, currently looking, honest attempts like this years' Serbjan or Bellarussian teams. Both try to field their Nations team instead of just trying to find a couple of old Veterans to mix with a neighbouring country. Which is also almost the case with Ireland this year. I don't want to insult anyone, but this debate has pretty much transformed into a joke.  I do understand though that the situation between countries that are so linked together (Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales) can be tricky. I think that the decision to make players with dual citizenship pick a permanent team once and for all is the best possible, as long as it is done clearly and impartially.

Finally, yeah, I definitely understand that people want to have a chance at winning. That is something completely understandable. I just don't personally sympathise with the merge or cheat (fake national identity, which has happened A LOT in the past) approach.

I completely agree with you. On all points. But sadly its more of an attitude thing that lies by the community, not by the organizers :( I mean its probably easier for me too criticize, since I live in a country that DOES have quite the playerbase. But still, I always thought pride in ones Nationalitie would be stronger then try harding. If you disagree, pls tell me what im doing wrong :D
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: March 31, 2017, 01:20:34 am »

I agree.

Guys, stop being so ridiculous, you will not win this shit anyway (because HaZe still in Team France and his country still alive).
Just play for your real nation and try to have fun with your teammates.

Offline RebelliouS

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_RebelliouS
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1868 on: March 31, 2017, 02:41:54 am »

Roster:

Cpt Carolus
Cpt EPICxPIZZA
Him
Stark
Sticklitz
Janne
ZeroSkilled
Rydhs
Merrox
Cletus
Henkka
Fralla8
Alator
MiniMario

Now hold on, this is allowed ?
I can understand the point of view from Finland seeing there isnt to many players around for them to even attempt to make a team, but Sweden has more then enough to make a team.
But I suppose if there was some spooky chat and agreement to make sure the finns got a chance to play I suppose its fine...
I allowed it. The Finns couldnt really field a Team so I allowed them to play for Sweden.

oh yea that is cool then can I have players from Austria and Italy then?  ::)

How about BeNe coalition Piet ? You would like it much Im sure !

Haze

« Reply #1869 on: March 31, 2017, 03:04:37 am »

I agree.

Guys, stop being so ridiculous, you will not win this shit anyway (because HaZe still in Team France and his country still alive).
Still alive?

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 31, 2017, 05:22:39 am »
Spoiler

I agree.

Still alive?
[close]

Ooops, did he just reveal Putins plans?! ;)

There are very few countries that CAN NOT field 10 people for a match.

Still there is some :'(

I also agree 100% with your post btw, nicely put.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #1871 on: March 31, 2017, 06:56:43 am »
Spoiler

I agree.

Still alive?
[close]

How can you 100% agree with his post and still have Finns in your team?  ???

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #1872 on: March 31, 2017, 07:17:23 am »
Spoiler

I agree.

Still alive?
[close]

How can you 100% agree with his post and still have Finns in your team?  ???
lol he just contradicted himself

Offline Tuna[Sniper]

• First Lieutenant
  • Vive la France,vive la 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=359.0
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Tuna
« Reply #1873 on: March 31, 2017, 08:00:39 am »
After reading all of your posts I'm just confused... I told myself I won't type anything this year but I'll tell you all. You boys acting like we play this game for money or something, like little kids: "Ohh Ukraine and Russia shouldn't merge, you ain't from UK so you can't play for UK etc. If you spent time arguing on this thread on maybe practicing with your members or getting yourself in shape to be good meleer maybe you shoudln't be worried about other teams. Acting like some inspectors trying to find who is trying to play for country he doesn't live in or wants to merge 2 countries. Firstly, we have admins for this kind of questions and their decision will be last so everything you guys bla bla bla outhere doesn't metter. Secondly, it's supposed to be fun. I never play tournies like: "Damn man I need to win". I suppose there are people that are more into the winning than the fun but ohh well. Who the hell cares if the name of this tourny is NWWC, Gropufighting tournament or whatever ; it is groupfighting tourny with top players from all over the world and I know I'll have a real challange fighting against all you boys (Honestly I don't care if you are Estonian playing for Spain as long as you are good in melee), that is all that metters to me. I hope I did not insult anyone and sorry for poor english.  :-X
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 08:02:46 am by Tuna[Sniper] »

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #1874 on: March 31, 2017, 08:10:47 am »
Play for CZ Tuna ::)