Author Topic: NWWC 2017  (Read 370693 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NWWC 2017
« Reply #1665 on: March 28, 2017, 01:28:28 pm »
"if you'd been at his place, you would have probably already crumbled under the pressure"
Did you just try to assume something regarding the capabilities of other people out there how dull Tardet.

Didn't assume anything, that's a fact most of the people complaining about those sort of stuff in tournament, often aren't quite capable to do half of the things the organizers actually do. I's always easier to sit and critize rather than doing your own stuff, obviously. Doesn't mean that you should take every single of Cazasar or Rommel's decisions as the 'perfect' decision, but ultimately, some should definetly show a little bit more of respect than what they actually do. That's all my sentence aimed at, nothing more.

The only reason people give there opinion about certain subjects is because it's out of the extreme, for example to ban players for possibly inviting during a bloody training match.

I do agree that to some extend, the decision can be seen as quite harsh. I myself suggested to Caz when he asked my opinion that if a clear link was established bewteen those players cheating / and the rest of the Scottish being fully aware of that, a ban was in order. Yet I didn't know it was a training match and that obviously changes the matter a little bit.

Doesn't mean we have to lose sight of the main concern which is some people trying to bend the rules, and we're not speaking about training matches here.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:33:22 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1666 on: March 28, 2017, 01:33:13 pm »
Nobody is making an attempt to bend the rules here as it is, maybe Jeff due to him not being Scottish yet still applying for team SCO, but even then Kapri sun said he is not in the team.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:35:37 pm by pieter »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: March 28, 2017, 01:39:07 pm »
Nobody is making an attempt to bend the rules here as it is, maybe Jeff due to him not being Scottish yet still applying for team SCO, but even then Kapri sun said he is not in the team.

There are not the only players in the tournament Pieter, and just because you say 'Nobody is making an attempt to bend the rules' doens't make it a correct statement all of the sudden, unless you're the Almighty God. *

On the other hand, just because I say that I suspect that there are people trying to bend the rules doens't make it true either. So better let Caz and the people helping him sort this stuff out and we can have a decent competition starting soon, which is what everybody want to have, I reckon.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #1668 on: March 28, 2017, 01:44:09 pm »
@Dan

It can happen anytime that you don't have enough numbers for the scheduled event. Using invites just so you don't ruin the fun and so you don't waste the other teams time cancelling the event you arranged let's say a week ago is perfectly fine with me.

This happened to me on Saturday when we were about to fight Canada, half of my team disappeared so I've simply used 2 guys who at the time were not in the team.

This rather seems to me as a plotted sabotage of the team Scotland!

I think that if people sign up to play in a National Team, those players should have a say in what schedule the Team plays by. And in accordance with that schedule it should be easily possible to get people on for the battles. If they are just spontaneous events set up half an hour beforehand then I can see your point there. However that doesn't negate the fact that in order for every team to succeed the players of those teams need to be active and devoted.

I think that Caz already has enough stress as it is at this point, lets just wait a bit to see how this situation is resloved?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1669 on: March 28, 2017, 01:46:50 pm »
@Dan

It can happen anytime that you don't have enough numbers for the scheduled event. Using invites just so you don't ruin the fun and so you don't waste the other teams time cancelling the event you arranged let's say a week ago is perfectly fine with me.

This happened to me on Saturday when we were about to fight Canada, half of my team disappeared so I've simply used 2 guys who at the time were not in the team.

I think that if people sign up to play in a National Team, those players should have a say in what schedule the Team plays by. And in accordance with that schedule it should be easily possible to get people on for the battles. If they are just spontaneous events set up half an hour beforehand then I can see your point there. However that doesn't negate the fact that in order for every team to succeed the players of those teams need to be active and devoted.

I think that Caz already has enough stress as it is at this point, lets just wait a bit to see how this situation is resloved?
What you also have to remember is Dan most of us here surprisingly will take an offer to do something in real life such as go out with a friend, go out for a meal or even just meetup. So even if we say we think we can attend an event on Friday for example if something pops up we will probably do that over play a match on the legendary Mount & Blade: Warband. Most of us organise NW around our lives, not our lives around NW (and before you get salty saying that this is a dig at you, it's not, it was generalised).
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #1670 on: March 28, 2017, 01:53:34 pm »
@Dan

What you also have to remember is Dan most of us here surprisingly will take an offer to do something in real life such as go out with a friend, go out for a meal or even just meetup. So even if we say we think we can attend an event on Friday for example if something pops up we will probably do that over play a match on the legendary Mount & Blade: Warband. Most of us organise NW around our lives, not our lives around NW (and before you get salty saying that this is a dig at you, it's not, it was generalised).
Okay I already understand this Herishey, but as a consideration why would people organize groupfighting matches on a friday evening? I mean that is just common sense because people go out on those days. But out of 14 people it shouldn't be that hard to field 7 or 8 of them and in the example of Team Ukraine we sometimes struggle to do so because we just don't stick to our schedule. Why not just implement a rule about invites where they are allowed as long as the invite represents the country of the team that needs the invite?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1671 on: March 28, 2017, 01:58:03 pm »
Spoiler
@Dan

Okay I already understand this Herishey, but as a consideration why would people organize groupfighting matches on a friday evening? I mean that is just common sense because people go out on those days. But out of 14 people it shouldn't be that hard to field 7 or 8 of them and in the example of Team Ukraine we sometimes struggle to do so because we just don't stick to our schedule. Why not just implement a rule about invites where they are allowed as long as the invite represents the country of the team that needs the invite?
[close]
Personally I don't think it's needed, but getting people to attend training matches is wayyy harder than official ones, as they don't really care about them what so ever.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #1672 on: March 28, 2017, 02:04:04 pm »
It's a training match are you really going to ask for a rule where people have to represent the country which they invite for, now I want you to repeat that in your head and say if that sounds logical when it's just a TRAINING MATCH ::)

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: March 28, 2017, 02:07:57 pm »
You can stop spamming the Thread with the same arguments now thank you.
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: March 28, 2017, 02:10:34 pm »
Lets see, there's proof that ioxma is Kakashi, but he has scottish heritage. he doesn't need to prove this, it should just be accepted.

There's no proof Capri is Herishey, a way that proves this has been offered.

Jeff I didn't even know he applied, but then again who cares?

Scotland is legit, there is no proof suggesting otherwise. Find me actual evidence which shows everyone in Team Scotland isn't scottish or has scottish heritage.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 02:30:47 pm by bobertini »

Offline Axiom

• Colonel
  • Gif King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: March 28, 2017, 02:11:16 pm »
Look Tardet has fancy green name

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: March 28, 2017, 02:42:59 pm »
Look Tardet has fancy green name

I can legit warn you ... and get banned by Duuring in the second for doing so. :( Its really no fun to have finally a bit of power but no possibility whatsoever to abuse it.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: March 28, 2017, 02:44:45 pm »
Its like waving a baguette infront a frenchie and if the frenchie reaches for it he gets banned.

max1m

« Reply #1678 on: March 28, 2017, 03:28:41 pm »
Scotland is a part of the UK and if they want they can play for GB since it's one country. It should be better to rename Team GB to Team England to make it fair.
Caz, please ban national mercenaries from the tournament.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:30:56 pm by Max1muS »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1679 on: March 28, 2017, 03:30:40 pm »
Most brits nowadays would say UK is England + Wales rather than include Scotland, referendums n all.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.