Author Topic: NWWC 2017  (Read 367682 times)

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NWWC 2017
« Reply #1095 on: March 16, 2017, 10:38:12 pm »
Adding some more applicants to our team:

Nation: Sweden
Player's Name: Björken
Player's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063684094/

Player's Name: Bamse
Player's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987770921/

Player's Name: esjb
Player's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050597490/

Player's Name: Svaden
Player's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066913646/

Player's Name: Lord_John
Player's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Lord_John/

Player's Name: Mastermint
Player's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198036162893

Player's Name: Tyrrhenian
Player's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/hellogoodseeingsyuo/

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1096 on: March 16, 2017, 11:19:59 pm »
Russia
Max1muS
Alex123
Will be added soon
You have to apply as a captain and then the players have to apply. Read the rules pls.

Some unnecessary posts removed.

In before -
Russia/Ukraine is going to make a coalition, Scandinavian countries argue endlessly because they don't have enough for 3 separate nation teams, while everyone else inputs pointless opinions that only escalate the bullshit further. Then the cool guys who are switching nations come and roleplay as a different culture to play with their friends.
- end edgy post
Russia/Ukraine will not make a coalition. Every discussion regarding this matter is unnecessary. I know they have enough players to field 2 teams so a coalition is unnecessary. Denmark/Norway is a possibility, but Sweden still got a lot of Players, even though they might not be the old Team there still are a few swedish players.

And the nation switchers will simply not be allowed. I dunno if you were active last NWWC Nano, but we made a rule that cant switch your team past that Event, so yeah that wont work.

Nice edge tho

Name 12 active comp players from Sweden
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 16, 2017, 11:20:35 pm »
Carlous pulling more swedes out of his arse than gb getting rounds vs france  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1098 on: March 16, 2017, 11:23:52 pm »
Just leave it as is, I mean its been done before and I don't think people really care that much.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Louisss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 16, 2017, 11:25:52 pm »
for fwend

Nation: Finland
Player's Name: Lasse
Player's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Janussi/

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: March 17, 2017, 12:50:46 am »
Russia
Max1muS
Alex123
Will be added soon
You have to apply as a captain and then the players have to apply. Read the rules pls.

Some unnecessary posts removed.

In before -
Russia/Ukraine is going to make a coalition, Scandinavian countries argue endlessly because they don't have enough for 3 separate nation teams, while everyone else inputs pointless opinions that only escalate the bullshit further. Then the cool guys who are switching nations come and roleplay as a different culture to play with their friends.
- end edgy post
Russia/Ukraine will not make a coalition. Every discussion regarding this matter is unnecessary. I know they have enough players to field 2 teams so a coalition is unnecessary. Denmark/Norway is a possibility, but Sweden still got a lot of Players, even though they might not be the old Team there still are a few swedish players.

And the nation switchers will simply not be allowed. I dunno if you were active last NWWC Nano, but we made a rule that cant switch your team past that Event, so yeah that wont work.

Nice edge tho

Name 12 active comp players from Sweden

Haha yes, the key word here is active and comp my friend.

Offline Nevino

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 17, 2017, 03:16:34 am »
So I stumbled across this and was wondering something. In Native Nations Cup, we have a home away system for teams like US and Canada to try and make it as even as possible. Why isn't there a system like that here?

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1102 on: March 17, 2017, 04:32:33 am »
So I stumbled across this and was wondering something. In Native Nations Cup, we have a home away system for teams like US and Canada to try and make it as even as possible. Why isn't there a system like that here?
EU's voted it down last year

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1103 on: March 17, 2017, 05:29:39 am »
EU's voted it down last year
Because it will end the same way as EUvsNA which you NA's press us so hard to organise, an even draw which is just a waste of time.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 17, 2017, 05:31:53 am »
Simplest thing would be a Greenland server. Canadians would dominate

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 17, 2017, 05:32:57 am »

A long story short, in the beginning of NW the tournament was for EU by EU(first one I participated in was the NWEC back in 2012, "Napoleonic Wars European Cup/Championship"(?)), the organizers and the name of the tourny changed a couple of times(NWEC, NWWNC(?), NWWC) but it was always a European tournament. At some point NA was invited to tag along, as long as they accepted to play on our servers ofc(the more, the merrier).
The name can be a bit confusing for some people, "Napoleonic Wars World Cup" but you shouldnt put your focus on the name, its just a name and every new organizer has changed it around a bit just to put their own personal touch on the tournament.

To finish this up there was a vote regarding NA servers last year as Theodin mentioned, and the majority of the participants did not want to play on NA servers.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 17, 2017, 05:51:23 am »
Well, two things - you've got the World Cup AND the nations cup, so the NWWC is for NA equally as much as EU. The most important factor was the vote (which was fairly close, really)

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 17, 2017, 06:52:52 am »
Well, two things - you've got the World Cup AND the nations cup, so the NWWC is for NA equally as much as EU. The most important factor was the vote (which was fairly close, really)

no, the "Nations Cup" is just another nickname for the tournament that stuck throughout the years. The first and only one to include it in the name of the tourny was McPero :-* when he organized it(Napoleonic Wars World Nations Cup) in between two NWEC's back in 2013 if Im not mistaken. But at that time, the name(a nickname) "Nations Cup" was already well established and used as a substitute for these darn abbreviations.

2012 Hekko NWEC
2013 McPero NWWNC
2014 Hekko NWEC
2015 Herishey NWWC
2016 Caz & Rommel NWWC
2017 Caz & Rommel NWWC
2018 ?

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ihaveaslightlybelowadveragepenis
« Reply #1108 on: March 17, 2017, 07:42:45 am »
Simplest thing would be a Greenland server. Canadians would dominate
Canadians already do dominate pal
huh

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #1109 on: March 17, 2017, 08:03:21 am »

I was up for it to make things a bit more interesting but generally native is very different to NW and this home away system wouldn't work for NW as good as it works for native.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.