Author Topic: What is taking so long its been 5 years  (Read 1228 times)

swadya

What is taking so long its been 5 years
« on: February 25, 2017, 08:52:42 pm »
in 2012 you guys announced the game its been 5 years
over a year since the last blog
to say oh you need to donate 200 euros just to get any screenshots or info, is ridiculous

can somebody saya whats  happening

has the game been cancelled?

i love nw, and i want to know is nw2 a reality yes or no. nothing more

Offline Liburnius

• Private
  • Flavius Liburnius Geminius
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Liburnius
  • Side: Neutral
Re: What is taking so long its been 5 years
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 12:00:15 am »
I get what you mean, but this game was supposed to be the next Napoleonic Wars, even if not set during the same time period or made for M&B. I do want Battle Cry of Freedom to 1. release, and 2. succeed. I also hope that it has a great character creation editor to work with, as I found it quite fun to work with on Mount and Blade.
IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
IN THIS SIGN CONQUER

Offline danangleland

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 02:16:38 pm »
in 2012 you guys announced the game its been 5 years
over a year since the last blog
to say oh you need to donate 200 euros just to get any screenshots or info, is ridiculous

can somebody saya whats  happening

has the game been cancelled?

i love nw, and i want to know is nw2 a reality yes or no. nothing more

I understand and empathise with the general point you are making, but you don't have to pay much to get access to the developer sub forum (aka any screenshots or info). Below I've cut and pasted what the first donation tier is and what it gets you:

Any Donation
Exclusive access to a special Sub Forum where you can actively take part in the development.

The next tier after that is 5 Euros (you get a thank you and a wallpaper), so 'any donation' could be a single Euro (or theoretically less, I suppose).

You can find the page the above quote was taken from in this link: https://www.fsegames.eu/donations.php

EDIT: I should also add, there haven't been any updates this year even in the donator board. There is a thread of screenshots and stuff called The Developer Shack to look through with plenty of stuff from early 2013 onwards, but the last update in it was in early December. So don't go expecting regular goodies in return for your money.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 02:25:19 pm by danangleland »

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 01:31:37 pm »
WHat Olafson stated a number of times, is that most of the stuff they do is boring coding, which doesn't exactly show anything but...well... code. You wouldn't even know how to make an update of it.

I disagree with that standpoint, but then again, we can't force them to.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.