Author Topic: NW Community Suggestions & Grievances  (Read 10047 times)

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Community Grievances Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 07:51:51 pm »
For those interested, the Community Reps decision summaries have been posted at the top of this thread (third post down). We hope this summary format works for conveying our discussions and decisions.
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 08:32:22 pm »
Here's a grievance:

Why is Blob acting as a community rep? Because he has access to board? I thought that this was a discussion for representatives only.

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 08:58:29 pm »
Here's a grievance:

Why is Blob acting as a community rep? Because he has access to board? I thought that this was a discussion for representatives only.
The point you have raised is something that I have brought up also. Now that I am not the only one with this qualm, I will present this to the other community reps. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 10:03:11 pm »
Here's a grievance:

The point you have raised is something that I have brought up also. Now that I am not the only one with this qualm, I will present this to the other community reps. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Just to throw it in, I would also concur with this question.

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 10:45:26 pm »
Just to throw it in, I would also concur with this question.
Understood. I have just finished making my thread on this matter, so it will now be up for official discussion. I'll be sure to note you and Menelaos as "co-sponsors" when the summary report is prepared.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 03:17:52 pm »
Nice to see a good discussion occurred regarding my grievance.

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 04:23:07 pm »
The amount of unrespect / regiment spam / disbands should be way lower. I see alot of 'new' players leave within days because of this.
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 04:37:21 pm »
The amount of un respect / regiment spam / disbands should be way lower. I see alot of 'new' players leave within days because of this.

Aye. There should be a simple rule that doesn't allow spam messages, or disrespectful posts on for example newly made regiment threads. And keep it on the "Good-luck's" etc. And if there is a problem, that the people will need to contact an moderator, instead of going on the thread in question and post shit comments, spam and whatever more that could get the thread maker to quit it, his thread, or move to the taleworld forums, or even worse disbands his regiment.

Just a simple rule, that can be easily enforced and checked. Would be a great step in the good direction, for the growing of the community, and the behaviour on threads.

- Just my input on Mack's "Suggestion - Grievance" hope you guy's can do something with it. :)

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 04:40:21 pm »
To Mack and Goki's point, I think a little community vigilance would go a long way. If people reported questionable posts to moderators more often, action could be taken. Right now, it seems that the moderators are expected to find every offensive post out there. We could assist in that effort and help clean up the tone around here.

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 05:08:50 pm »
It's not only the disrespectfull posts, it's also all the kids and regiment spammers and disbanders who keep spoiling the fun. I've spoken so often with people who don't wanna join a regiment because their previous 'experience' was not good at all. But I think the most around here won't even understand that point, except when you've run your own regiment for a longer time.

Ofcourse the game is free to create your own clan, and disband it. Or do what ever you want, but yet.. I think as community we've to do something against all those spammers.
Also against the internet hero's who like to post rude or totally unnesesairy bullshit on new regiment's post. Look, I know some people are twats, or they did alot wrong. But that doesn't mean you can harash every new single member on this forum. I saw someone asking something about Commander Battle, and he got simply told to shut up? Ok? Where the f*ck are we going?
Lannes Mack

Offline Van_Hulstein

• Captain
  • Orangist and very proud ex-33rd Lieutenant.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NL_VanHulstein
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 05:23:52 pm »
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128823730
I am a bit late with this, but this is just another way of how you can see James Stewart.
After losing a Linebattle against the 33rd this is the result.
You guys can do what you want with it.
Nunc aut nunquam

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 05:48:29 pm »
I am a bit late with this, but this is just another way of how you can see James Stewart.

Christ dude, that matter was day's ago. No need to bring that shit up again. Seriously? And unless I'm wrong you can't post logs/conversations with someone without his permission... What should include conversations on servers.

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 05:56:48 pm »

1. If it is from the event then this is inside a private server and thus outside of FSE Forums, Servers etc.
2. you have failed to provide the entire log thus nothing can be taken in context.
3. What further action would you expect to be taken against somebody who is already banned?

There is no need to answer the questions, they are all pretty self explanatory.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 07:04:39 pm »
It's not only the disrespectfull posts, it's also all the kids and regiment spammers and disbanders who keep spoiling the fun. I've spoken so often with people who don't wanna join a regiment because their previous 'experience' was not good at all. But I think the most around here won't even understand that point, except when you've run your own regiment for a longer time.

Ofcourse the game is free to create your own clan, and disband it. Or do what ever you want, but yet.. I think as community we've to do something against all those spammers.
Also against the internet hero's who like to post rude or totally unnesesairy bullshit on new regiment's post. Look, I know some people are twats, or they did alot wrong. But that doesn't mean you can harash every new single member on this forum. I saw someone asking something about Commander Battle, and he got simply told to shut up? Ok? Where the f*ck are we going?

So what? you want to limit the number of regiments within the community? Limit who can create them? That's silly. It might be an issue but not a solvable one.

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »
Just discussed it with some people, you're totally right on that one PrideofNi, but I hope someone could find a solution ever. To stop that madness.
Lannes Mack