Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League - 8th Season  (Read 59842 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars League - 8th Season [1st Matchday 11th - 24th of November]
« Reply #330 on: November 13, 2016, 05:50:50 pm »
Probably because bannerlord is expected pretty soon

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #331 on: November 13, 2016, 05:51:32 pm »
I will continue to host NWL seasons until Bannerlords comes out. When there is some NW mod for bannerlords, NWL will continue in Bannerlords.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 13, 2016, 06:31:15 pm »
Official NWL Servers are: NWL_1, NWL_2, NWL_3, NWL_6, NWL_7. Admin pass is issued to every referee by Wüstenfuchs. No admin passes to regimental leaders.

Offline Clikenforce

• Captain
  • Roux et supporter de Lens noraj.
    • View Profile
    • 23e Forum
« Reply #333 on: November 13, 2016, 09:32:24 pm »
Ingame - Name: IVe_45e_Sdt_Clikenforce
Regiment: 45e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063037220/
Admin experience, references: NWL referee one season, admining 23e events, Linebattles and gf's. Also former GF admin
Former NWL ref? yes

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 13, 2016, 11:12:20 pm »
begs people stop saying 'depends on bannerlords' its not coming out for a year or more ffs. If we are lucky they will have a playable alpha out spring 2017, if we are lucky full release winter 2017/spring 2018 and it will be native, then you got another year before a decent nw mod is made if not more. You guys be expecting too much

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 13, 2016, 11:19:43 pm »
If you weren't so narrow minded you might understand that the reason people want to wait on bannerlord is because there is more opportunity. Not because we expect Napoleonic Wars 2 to be out instantaneously.

18e itself will be hosting a siege and a shieldbattle on a weekly basis as well as sticking with 2 NW events we hope
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
« Reply #336 on: November 14, 2016, 09:36:02 am »
Can the organisers clarify rule 15. specifically how this rule will be enforced and what the consequences are. I've already seen regiments using inactive members or people who only play NWL matches, so some clarification would be nice.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #337 on: November 14, 2016, 10:23:11 am »
Can the organisers clarify rule 15. specifically how this rule will be enforced and what the consequences are. I've already seen regiments using inactive members or people who only play NWL matches, so some clarification would be nice.
I've always thought the whole NWL matches only rule was stupid since I know plenty of 6te and members from every other regiment just about in league 1, 2 or 3 that do that, so I'll leave this one to Brot.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 14, 2016, 06:24:54 pm »
I've always thought the whole NWL matches only rule was stupid since I know plenty of 6te and members from every other regiment just about in league 1, 2 or 3 that do that, so I'll leave this one to Brot.

I see sense in the rule because people who only show up for NWLs are as good as invites. That being said there is not real way of enforcing this other than acting on here say, so it is probably best to  l either scrap it or modify the rule to something easier to enforce.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 08:53:26 pm by Munj »

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 14, 2016, 06:57:27 pm »
So you guys think that "members who only show up for NWL matches" can be cut out because noone cares anyways?

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 14, 2016, 08:16:27 pm »
Members of regiments who only turn up for NWL are still members of a regiment. Someone may simply enjoy the competitive environment or have a schedule that only fits to certain times when a regiment plays their NWL games. We can't cut them out because of this. If a football player only plays for his team in champions league games, should he be banned from playing these games until he plays more time in his domestic league? Of course not. It's too harsh to force someone to turn up for more events than they might be willing to in an amateur league. By all means, keep the no invites rule as it is fair, keeps competitive integrity and is a lot easier to enforce with beginning of season player registration, if the organizers wished (although registration is unneeded since everyone knows everyone tbh and what regiment they are in).

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #341 on: November 14, 2016, 08:34:47 pm »
Members of regiments who only turn up for NWL are still members of a regiment. Someone may simply enjoy the competitive environment or have a schedule that only fits to certain times when a regiment plays their NWL games. We can't cut them out because of this. If a football player only plays for his team in champions league games, should he be banned from playing these games until he plays more time in his domestic league? Of course not. It's too harsh to force someone to turn up for more events than they might be willing to in an amateur league. By all means, keep the no invites rule as it is fair, keeps competitive integrity and is a lot easier to enforce with beginning of season player registration, if the organizers wished (although registration is unneeded since everyone knows everyone tbh and what regiment they are in).
I used to only play on Sundays which is usually NWL just due to the fact it was the only day I had time before when I started full time work among other new shit so I agree with what you say tbh.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 14, 2016, 09:02:54 pm »
So you guys think that "members who only show up for NWL matches" can be cut out because noone cares anyways?

As Herishey and Toffee had already stated, people have different reasons for only showing up for NWLs, some are fair enough (e.g. work commitments) and others aren't. Ultimately it would simply be too difficult and impractical to determine what is a valid reason or not, whether someone is being truthful or not and finding out who was even doing it in the first place would be next to impossible without a mass co-operation by all 30+ regiments in the various Leagues. So basically it is probably easier to drop the rule rather than leave it there as a salt mine for people to tap into when they lose a match and suddenly feel that the one random player who only turns up once a month is the cause of their tragic loss (when in actuality they're just shit).

Also the NWL remains the most reputable tournament in the game and whilst it is important to keep it as strict and competitive as possible, when the rules defeat practicality it actually reduces from the good nature of the tournament.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:04:28 pm by Munj »

Offline Abekrampe

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Sgt_Abekrampe
« Reply #343 on: November 15, 2016, 07:28:28 pm »
Yes.

Invites =/= Reserves, give the old and the inactive members the dignity of being able to contribute to their regiments.
Current Reg: 77y
Previous Reg: 77y
Future Reg: 77y.

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_Spoons
« Reply #344 on: November 17, 2016, 07:41:14 am »
Yes.

Invites =/= Reserves, give the old and the inactive members the dignity of being able to contribute to their regiments.

Being under the assumption that this rule is in place to combat reg-hoppers -

I agree that Reserves (commonly formerly very active / veteran members of a regiment) only turning up for NWL matches isn't an issue, many of them having far less time or interest in the game, however having proven their loyalty to that particular regiment. However I don't believe that members who are relatively new to a regiment, who just join for NWL and do not interact with the rest of the regiment should be allowed to play under this rule, often only staying for a single season or several matches. Regiments that do this are basically giving invites a rank so that they can win with false strength.

A season or two back we had personal experience with this, allowing stark and herishey in the 33rd we thought great, two good players to join our community. however after attending 1 or 2 normal events they wished to be in reserves and only play in NWL, not even interacting with our members outside of these matches. We (myself and st3fan) decided that we would rather lose fairly as the 33rd than win with fake members which is why I am very glad to see this rule. It may be hard to enforce but it at least adds a moral code for regiments.