13 (30.2%)
04.12 + 11.12 starting from 8gmt
9 (20.9%)
Later than that.
4 (9.3%)
On another day than Sunday.
4 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Mini-NWWC 2016  (Read 134357 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Mini-NWWC 2016
« Reply #585 on: November 02, 2016, 11:32:40 pm »
still 10x better than you at melee maccle lad.

Offline Louisss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #586 on: November 02, 2016, 11:46:14 pm »
Why are the Scots so insistent on making their own team? What purpose does it serve? I may as well make a team fucking Cheshire
Cheshire team

Can i join?

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #587 on: November 03, 2016, 02:42:22 am »
@Melton Some people have the dignity to admit, that they simply aren't what they used to be and not play at all. Maybe a chance for underdog nations who still have players that wish to represent their country, to place high? I would just love to see 1 nwwc where people actually play as their nation. Will It mean less teams? Yes. Will It mean big nations that usually place high won't take part? YES. Make it a fucking nations cup or call it just another tournament where you create teams of strong players and fuck the rest.
Of what I've said, what are you responding to?

I think he trying to say that some countries are shit now and because of that they want to be in coalitions simply to be in a stronger team?
I'd happily adopt you into my team Melton, to experience some old 15e bromance and for you to be able to feel the sweet taste of victory again ;D
So his point is that he wants no more Slovakians on his team? Fair enough.

hello - we have our own team maybe ? like last year

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 03, 2016, 03:31:11 am »
how about we let nwwc have the funeral it deserves then make a new styled tournament.

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ihaveaslightlybelowadveragepenis
« Reply #589 on: November 03, 2016, 03:40:14 am »
still 10x better than you at melee maccle lad.
i'd 7-0 you. lol.
huh

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #590 on: November 03, 2016, 10:10:23 am »

Offline Tallest

• Donator
  • 63e | Tallest
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #591 on: November 03, 2016, 01:07:08 pm »

There are 2 things I want to say to that. First, let's say you are captain of team denmark and you ask people to join your team. They either say yes or no. If enough people say yes, you sign up the team and that is where your responsibility for those people ends. Whether or not they will attend the event is not anyone's problem or responsibility but theirs. Second, my principle is the following: Play for your nation or don't participate. I do not recognize  coalition of Scandinavian NATIONS as a nation that should take part in this. I don't know of any currently existing Scandinavian nation. As far as I know, you guys don't even like each other that much up north. Just as I wouldn't recognize USSR as a nation or Czechoslovakia as a nation. i hope, I made myself clear now.

In my mind, a Scandinavian coalition would be more than fair and reasonable. We have a lot in common and share the same core values and culture. It is just as rational as a team GB, even though we might not have an imperialistic Union to back it up.

Now that has been said, us Scandinavians have already agreed on a compromise that only a coalition between Denmark and Norway will take place, leaving our Swedish brothers on their own, which they are more than capable of.

Nation: Denmark/Norway
Player's Name: Tallest
Player's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066290495/
Why you should be a Co-Captain: Veteran of the game, great experience in organizing and leading GF matches. And someone has to do it.

Offline Tallest

• Donator
  • 63e | Tallest
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 03, 2016, 01:56:51 pm »
Co-Captain: Tallest
2nd Co-Captain: Zappy
Roster:

TBA

Offline Raii21

• First Sergeant
  • Biggest shittalker EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 03, 2016, 03:58:48 pm »
Co-Captain: Tallest
2nd Co-Captain: Zappy
Roster:

TBA

I still think this shouldn't be a thing. Just because you agreed on it between yourselves doesn't mean it won't affect others in the tournament. And by affect i mean damage. We also share a lot in common with Slovakia (far more than your nations), and yet we are 2 separate nations with 2 separate teams. Maybe not the best teams in the world, containing the best players of 2 different countries, but we take pride in our country alone. This is just my opinion, but I think both Norway and Denmark could make a team if only they admitted people of lesser skill in their team and not just the people they know and like. (just opinion, not argument, since neither side can prove or disprove the opposit)

Also @Bob you've already made your fair share of shitty tournaments lately, so plz.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 03, 2016, 04:03:38 pm »
how about we let nwwc have the funeral it deserves then make a new styled tournament.

Word. Why not make it a regional tourny for once? North, East, West, South and/or Central(?) or something, the sky is the limit(h)  :-*  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Europe

Now that has been said, us Scandinavians have already agreed on a compromise that only a coalition between Denmark and Norway will take place, leaving our Swedish brothers on their own

Who do you mean by us Scandinavians? Which Swedish representative was attending this meeting of yours?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 04:21:08 pm by Carolusrex »

Offline Raii21

• First Sergeant
  • Biggest shittalker EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 03, 2016, 04:19:51 pm »
Now that has been said, us Scandinavians have already agreed on a compromise that only a coalition between Denmark and Norway will take place, leaving our Swedish brothers on their own
Who do you mean by us Scandinavians? Which Swedish representative was attending this meeting of yours?
Look how you Scandinavians like each other so much.  :P

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #596 on: November 03, 2016, 04:29:43 pm »
Why are the Scots so insistent on making their own team? What purpose does it serve? I may as well make a team fucking Cheshire
Cheshire team

Can i join?
Of course

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 03, 2016, 04:32:00 pm »
Look how you Scandinavians like each other so much.  :P
So much that Carolus don't want to play without us.

Offline Tallest

• Donator
  • 63e | Tallest
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 03, 2016, 04:37:14 pm »

Word. Why not make it a regional tourny for once? North, East, West, South and/or Central(?) or something, the sky is the limit(h)  :-*  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Europe

Haha well maybe we Scanidnavians didn't agree on anything, it was more of a forced compromise we had to make, since no other nation would allow us to form a scanidinavian coalition.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #599 on: November 03, 2016, 05:02:34 pm »

Haha well maybe we Scanidnavians didn't agree on anything, it was more of a forced compromise we had to make, since no other nation would allow us to form a scanidinavian coalition.
form scandinavian coalition, you are shit anyway
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |