Author Topic: Unban Request  (Read 1035 times)

Offline brutalis

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Unban Request
« on: February 17, 2013, 01:06:02 am »
OK I did something really bad I know.
Some of you guys must know this kind of situation, your friend gets banned because of some really bitchy admins that kick/ban anyone for a good word (he TKed a horse with a canon LOL! Pure skillshot :D).
They just begged to get trolled, and they did, once they decided to have a nice little sausage party in a barrel I went in to blow their party (I guess not contributing to team is no offense so its k to chill in a barrel for the whole match).

But really? Permaban?

Do you hand out admin privileges to anyone, or did I miss something?

Reminds me of my mate who got permabanned for writing "niggas gonna nig". Perma.
Too harsh for a public official server if you ask me, should be a few months tops, but not perma man.
We are not always trolling you know, sometimes we play seriously too, you just ask to be trolled by being so anal about your admin rights.

When you hand out admin rights to actual players they are bound to be biased in their decision making, often judging people from a highly subjective standpoint.
Should just be vote kicking and temporary bans imo.

Well I'm gonna cool off now, hope you come to your senses. You guys got OWNED.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 04:43:23 pm by brutalis »

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Unban Request
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 02:08:25 am »
A: Not a way to go about being unbanned.
B: You can't set a ban duration. You just have to assume if they want to be unbanned, they'll find the forums.
C: That was a really stupid move.
D: Wrong board. There is a bans/unbans section as a sub board to the one you posted in. Not sure how you missed that.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 03:59:34 am »
Hi there, I was the admin you are referring to.

I continually warned you of your trolling in the server. Continually. You can only push rule breaking so far until you get what you deserve. You and your friends where trolling the server, mainly me and my regiment for whatever reason. Kicking them, killing their horses, tk'n (to which 2 sadly responded once by tk'n you, which they were punished for). However, you continued. Your friend got temp banned for the most obvious cannon tk I have ever witnessed. After I warned him and your group, actually. You persisted. This thread is testament of that and I stand by the bans which all 3 of you received.

I stepped it up a level for you in particular because of the incident in which you posted a screenshot, it went beyond anything your friends where doing. As Windbusche points out, I can only temp or perma. Of which the head admin will decide when you get an unban.

Have a nice day :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 04:02:02 am by PrideofNi »

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 04:05:44 am »
Is this supposed to be an unban request?

If so, I'll go ahead and give the length seemingly requested for by the post. Banned until 2/16/2014.

Offline brutalis

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 04:14:57 pm »
We did push it a bit too far but oh my god did we laugh our asses off, my stomach was really aching by the end xD

This is so wrong I know, and I have no reason to complain at all.

What I did want to highlight though is my contempt with permanent bans, didn't mean to stab at you specifically, I think I have turned it into a matter of principle (even though my methods can be questioned).
But the again, if I don't do anything at all and just post on here on how much I disagree with permabans until pleading, then I don't think this matter will ever be discussed.
I guess this is a fault with the engine itself and not the people administering the game.

So to summarize, this trolling was really fueled by some incident not related to you that happened a year ago to a friend, who has recently tried to join again thinking he might have been unbanned.
Not being able to play together is of course frustrating, and I believe we directed that frustration towards you.

Well we proved nothing, but thank you for listening and good day to you too :)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 04:21:42 pm by brutalis »