Author Topic: NWL - League 1 [Post results here!]  (Read 179529 times)

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NWL - League 1
« Reply #585 on: January 18, 2017, 09:12:18 pm »
Good 1v1 7-3.

Good fight, great volleys 59th

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_Spoons
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #586 on: January 18, 2017, 09:27:55 pm »
Good 1v1 7-3.

Shit that the 33rd only brought 15 when they get 50+ in their events.

Was fun, thanks for the match 59th!

& thanks to chicken for fair reffing as usual :)

Offline StrandThe_Selmy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 19, 2017, 12:09:46 am »
Good 1v1 7-3.

Thanks! :) You guys are the best shooters in NWL. I can see why so many 63e joined the 33rd.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 19, 2017, 04:15:05 am »
Good 1v1 7-3.

Thanks! :) You guys are the best shooters in NWL. I can see why so many 63e joined the 33rd.

Im having surströmming, its salty enough bud ;)

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #589 on: January 19, 2017, 05:43:04 am »
Good 1v1 7-3.

:-*
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 19, 2017, 06:14:36 am »
Good 1v1 7-3.

:-*

Vad fan göru uppe nu bror?!

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
« Reply #591 on: January 19, 2017, 06:36:16 pm »
Good 1v1 7-3.

Why is it shit? This is the competitive scene of NW where regiments, regardless of size, are playing to win. It is unfair to negatively react to a regiment bringing their best team, that is the point of the NWL.

Offline StrandThe_Selmy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 19, 2017, 06:42:25 pm »
Good 1v1 7-3.

Why is it shit? This is the competitive scene of NW where regiments, regardless of size, are playing to win. It is unfair to negatively react to a regiment bringing their best team, that is the point of the NWL.

No one insulted 33rd for bringing there best team. You seem to have mis-read. I'm talking about the 33rd bringing literally 15 people & is meant to be a minimum, not a literal target. I'm literally repeating what Stefan said two years ago, when regiments used to deliberately drop to win. Seems 33rd positions have changed.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:51:20 pm by StrandThe_Selmy »

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_Spoons
« Reply #593 on: January 19, 2017, 07:07:57 pm »
Good 1v1 7-3.

Thanks Munj, but I learnt a long time ago that it is pointless trying to have a reasonable conversation with Kaide  ;) is best to just smile and nod until he goes away :)

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #594 on: January 20, 2017, 02:31:08 am »
Good to see that he 33rd are doing well in NWL! First post in a long time hi everyone :3

Strand The Selmy, I complained about that once as despite me not remembering what regiment it was, I do remember that we both had 23ish people in the server and after losing a couple of rounds they swapped a couple of people to spectator which, at the time was a bit annoying as I wanted everyone who showed up to play as many rounds as possible, and this was possible as both regiments had about the same amount of people present, but from the other regiments perspective it makes perfect sense. If the enemy has 20 good performing people and you have 17 but 20 people in the server, you'd be dumb to put those other 3 in, in an environment where you play to win.

I was actually just here to check how the 33rd are doing, and I'm glad to see that they're doing very well, but while I'm here let me clarify something. The last two seasons of NWL the 33rd participated in under my command, we would rarely have more than 20 people turning up for NWL as our NWL team would consist of only about 25 members. Yes the 33rd gets, and at that time got 50-60 people turning up to events, but that doesn't mean all of those members are skilled enough to represent the regiment in a competitive setting. The 33rd has always been one of those regiments where 95% of the people joining are brand new to the game and need to be taught everything from scratch. You'd be a fool to let those new people play in NWL. Only the people that the command deems fit to represent the 33rd in the NWL will be allowed on the team.

(If you are Kaide then 1. Yoo what's up, long time no see and 2. If you are Kaide I'm very surprised that you even posted that, surely you should know better having lead (leading?) a regiment yourself).

Anyway I just came here to check on the 33rd's NWL performance.  Cool to see it still being run by Brot and friends and to see many regiments participating. Good shit good shit!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:37:28 am by MrSt3fan »

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 20, 2017, 04:18:24 am »
Hey St3fan!

You can be proud of 33rd. I wish there would be more regiments in NWL like it, organizing this league would be more satisfying and fun. Haters btfo

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 20, 2017, 05:04:39 am »
Spoiler
Good to see that he 33rd are doing well in NWL! First post in a long time hi everyone :3

Strand The Selmy, I complained about that once as despite me not remembering what regiment it was, I do remember that we both had 23ish people in the server and after losing a couple of rounds they swapped a couple of people to spectator which, at the time was a bit annoying as I wanted everyone who showed up to play as many rounds as possible, and this was possible as both regiments had about the same amount of people present, but from the other regiments perspective it makes perfect sense. If the enemy has 20 good performing people and you have 17 but 20 people in the server, you'd be dumb to put those other 3 in, in an environment where you play to win.

I was actually just here to check how the 33rd are doing, and I'm glad to see that they're doing very well, but while I'm here let me clarify something. The last two seasons of NWL the 33rd participated in under my command, we would rarely have more than 20 people turning up for NWL as our NWL team would consist of only about 25 members. Yes the 33rd gets, and at that time got 50-60 people turning up to events, but that doesn't mean all of those members are skilled enough to represent the regiment in a competitive setting. The 33rd has always been one of those regiments where 95% of the people joining are brand new to the game and need to be taught everything from scratch. You'd be a fool to let those new people play in NWL. Only the people that the command deems fit to represent the 33rd in the NWL will be allowed on the team.

(If you are Kaide then 1. Yoo what's up, long time no see and 2. If you are Kaide I'm very surprised that you even posted that, surely you should know better having lead (leading?) a regiment yourself).

Anyway I just came here to check on the 33rd's NWL performance.  Cool to see it still being run by Brot and friends and to see many regiments participating. Good shit good shit!
[close]

Congratulation on your induction in the NW Hall of Fame Stefan :)

Offline StrandThe_Selmy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 20, 2017, 07:41:51 am »
Hello Stefan, a large proportion of the players out of the 33rd man 15 man team were not trained in the 33rd. (alot of old NW players have joined recently ::) ) But as you know it is frustrating having to keep 10 people in spec because a regiment wants to win by bringing the minimal. Imagine every NWL game was like that, where you only brought 15 people.
Know better? 59th allows all players to play. We don't deliberately spec or turn away members.

The hypocrisy is Spoons complaining before Christmas about regiments using old players jsut to play for NW. How its unfair on regiments like the 33rd.
One month later Spoons recruits a shit load of ex-63e ex22nd players etc. With Stark later saying (he will deny) on GF he just turns up for 33rd 1v1s. Which is fine, but as you can see below Spoons was moaning rightly about this last month.

To summarise. 1. Bringing 15 to increases chances of winning is dubious. 2. Large proportion of your team have recently joined. 3. Why kaide attacking 33rd? Because kaide started his wonderful NW times in the 33rd. Who then based the 59th on the 33rd morals. Training your own players, high-discpline, mult-companies, servers etc. I'm just confused why the 33rd broke tradition this NWL.

Being under the assumption that this rule is in place to combat reg-hoppers -

Invites =/= Reserves, give the old and the inactive members the dignity of being able to contribute to their regiments.

Being under the assumption that this rule is in place to combat reg-hoppers -

I agree that Reserves (commonly formerly very active / veteran members of a regiment) only turning up for NWL matches isn't an issue, many of them having far less time or interest in the game, however having proven their loyalty to that particular regiment. However I don't believe that members who are relatively new to a regiment, who just join for NWL and do not interact with the rest of the regiment should be allowed to play under this rule, often only staying for a single season or several matches. Regiments that do this are basically giving invites a rank so that they can win with false strength.

A season or two back we had personal experience with this, allowing stark and herishey in the 33rd we thought great, two good players to join our community. however after attending 1 or 2 normal events they wished to be in reserves and only play in NWL, not even interacting with our members outside of these matches. We (myself and st3fan) decided that we would rather lose fairly as the 33rd than win with fake members which is why I am very glad to see this rule. It may be hard to enforce but it at least adds a moral code for regiments.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:59:36 am by StrandThe_Selmy »

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #598 on: January 20, 2017, 09:49:29 am »
Im actually very active in 33rd  :-* :-* :-*

And Spoons would know because i attend almost every event so jokes on you ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:56:16 am by Sturk »
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Moussolini

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 20, 2017, 08:44:24 pm »
15th_YR 10-0 [Saints]

Thanks to wuestenfuchs for reffing.