Author Topic: Battlefield 1  (Read 26260 times)

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 60th_Lt_Shortshorts
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Battlefield 1
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2016, 07:16:58 pm »
With EA biting their heels it's almost guaranteed to be broken in some form or another.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2016, 07:23:55 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
It's looking liek total crap in my opinion. I mean wtf is this shit except arcade-like, unrealistic, idiotic shit-gameplay? "Let's run with my maxim-mg in my left and a grenade in my right through the desert sniping ppl 500 metres away" or what?

I mean let's be honest: They are going to have the old Assault - Medic - Support - Scout classsystem (the medic will be able to revive dead - I mean what the fuck how?) as well as tanks moving over the battlefield with 20 km/h - god fuck this game.

Look at this shitty crap:

Basically says it all.
[close]
[close]
Like where are you getting all this from? Videos have been shown regarding balancing the class system for the era so you should have done some research before ranting.

You are getting pissy over a trailer. Its meant to hype the game not piss off all the history buffs. Its all just to show off. Not to show how the game will actually be upon release.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Salcos

• First Lieutenant
  • Deus Vult, Romans 12:11, Κύριε Ελέησον
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Salcos
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2016, 07:35:37 pm »
FINALLY! Been waiting for World war 1 game, I can't wait for to play as the Byzantine Empire and retake Antioch from the Egyptians.
I hate it when people pass me a cup by holding on to the rim of it...

Offline greatscot

• First Lieutenant
  • shadilay
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Greatscot
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2016, 07:43:42 pm »
FINALLY! Been waiting for World war 1 game, I can't wait for to play as the Byzantine Empire and retake Antioch from the Egyptians.

Wait, wasn't that AFTER WW1 when the Iranians accused the Swedish government of aiding the Buddhist rebels in northern Ethiopia ?

Offline dutchsharpe

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2016, 09:16:49 pm »
Rise of flight and Verdun cojoined, new maps zeppelins tanks....meh.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2016, 09:23:40 pm »
I personally wanted World War 2, Korea, or the Vietnam War. Vietnam would have been crazy to see. I can just picture the Huey;s and chinooks, combat drop offs, Phantom's strafing and battling MIG's, napalm everywhere, AK's firing, m16's jamming, just the full package. Looks like I'll have to wait at least 2 more years though.. :(
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2016, 09:26:13 pm »
I personally wanted World War 2, Korea, or the Vietnam War. Vietnam would have been crazy to see. I can just picture the Huey;s and chinooks, combat drop offs, Phantom's strafing and battling MIG's, napalm everywhere, AK's firing, m16's jamming, just the full package. Looks like I'll have to wait at least 2 more years though.. :(

Here. This is for you.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=28909.0

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2016, 09:31:28 pm »
I'm confused..so this is an alternate reality where I guess some advanced technology is used in world war 1?

I assume they call it alternate history because you won't be fighting as they did in ww1 and I think they will be buffing certain stuff like tanks.
Since IRL tanks sucked and Battlefield generally relay a decent amount on vehicle warfare.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 09:37:13 pm by Furrnox »

Offline Salcos

• First Lieutenant
  • Deus Vult, Romans 12:11, Κύριε Ελέησον
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Salcos
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2016, 03:21:30 am »

Wait, wasn't that AFTER WW1 when the Iranians accused the Swedish government of aiding the Buddhist rebels in northern Ethiopia ?

Huh, I was sure the Byzantines took Antioch bake before WW1 ended, I'll have to open up the history books then, also the Iranians were right, the Swedes always like messing in world affairs pretending to be neutral.
I hate it when people pass me a cup by holding on to the rim of it...

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2016, 03:50:45 am »
I'm personally fine with an alternate universe set as WW1. It would be nice to see a realistic WW1 game but that type of gameplay would be impossible with battlefield as it would be too fundamentally different. I think if they are able to balance the fast pace of a modern shooters with a sort of WW1 feel then i would love that. I don't want a slow as fuck game where both sides camp their trenches. I want a game where you can actually ride in a fucking zeppelin and bomb people on the ground or drive a WW1 tank without it breaking down every 5 seconds or failing to do any real damage to the opposing side. I would also like to see how they implement cav. Like people can spin off WW2 just fine with huge applause and love (Wolfenstein and other series) but doing it to WW1 is not okay? Nope. I love alternate history video games.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2016, 01:10:08 pm »
I am pretty sure that there is some kind of futuristic bullshit in there. I see weird looking pieces of equipment and guns in the trailer.

Also, please. I am 100% certain that every 2nd guy will run around with a submachine gun. Because "not being able to spit 1001010 bullets every second is not fun".
It will probably be a reskin of Battlefield 4, with slightly more bolt action rifles. And thats about it.

Tanks will move way to fast, airplanes will be way to maneuverable, both of them will be spammed, even though that is not accurate.
Additionally, every 2nd guy will have a sub machine gun, and even heavy machine guns will be movable or spammed around the map. 
It also looks like every guy is wearing a gasmask. I bet gas attacks will be way to common in this game.
Most likely they will not include any playable artillery, because its "To difficult and to boring for the player" and simply rely on a general that can call in area bombardements.
They wont change the soldiers layout either. I am sure that you will be able to run around with one main arm, one pistol and a knife (Maybe a bayonet, or a club, who knows)

Super realistic.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:14:53 pm by Olafson »

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2016, 01:25:14 pm »
Since when is Battlefield aiming for realism?

Offline Who-

• Colonel
  • You been lookin' for the wrong one
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2016, 04:23:31 pm »
Since when is Battlefield aiming for realism?
I'm like a reincarnated Saltyy But I actually have some talent.

Offline Salt

• Major
  • We really out here
    • View Profile
  • Nick: bless
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2016, 04:49:15 pm »
I'm the reincarnated Who- with no talent.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2016, 07:39:00 pm »
Theres no way there will be cav in multiplayer. That's probally just a scripted event for campaign, probably on rails. Or a cutscene