Author Topic: Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit Discussion thread. '''Warning spoilers!'''  (Read 4460 times)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
How does that make the movies any better though?
I just felt like the Hobbit movies were completely shit. They got worse with every movie. Something jsut feels wrong. Everything happens to fast and other scenes are to slow.
Other stuff is absolutely retarded and ridiculous.

The LotR movies are by far my most favorite movies. But the hobbit movies are horrible.

AeroNinja

Yeah, in the Hobbit movies they don't go really into detail from interesting parts. I must admit.

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Perhaps if you take into account  the fact that Hobbit is a "children's fantasy novel" (wiki) while the Lord of the Rings is an "epic high-fantasy novel" (also wiki), you'll understand why there is less detail in the film adaptation of the Hobbit. As the target-audience for the Lord of the Rings is of higher maturity, there's an obvious reason why you'd prefer it to the Hobbit.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
No, thats fine. But it seems like the overal emphasis of the film has been shifted to long EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC COMBAT SCENES. You get what I mean.

AeroNinja

Well the title battle of the five armies explain it a bit xd if you meant that movie.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
I meant all of them.

Offline GerRagnar

• Major
  • ↑ the amount of times I posted nudes last year ↑
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Crumpets_Mum
  • Side: Confederacy
How does that make the movies any better though?
I just felt like the Hobbit movies were completely shit. They got worse with every movie. Something jsut feels wrong. Everything happens to fast and other scenes are to slow.
Other stuff is absolutely retarded and ridiculous.

The LotR movies are by far my most favorite movies. But the hobbit movies are horrible.

I agree, I read the Hobbit book when I was like 11 and it was enjoyable at that age, it is just not enough to be putten into 3 films. The book is meant for the younger audience and the films just take it to a "mature" level and adds unecessary scenes and characters.

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
I wonder if the mistakes of the Hobbit trilogy should be put down to the director and writers or Warner Brothers/New Line/MGM?
  They were originally only going to do two films (and even that would have been a bit of a stretch) but then they decided they had enough for a third film.
  I saw the first one in the cinema (and have all the extended editions) and I remember coming out with a pounding headache and being slightly confused. I would agree with Olafson, they got worst as time went on. As Bilbo put it 'butter scraped over too much bread'.
  I lament that they used more CGI than models but a lot of that was not their fault as the warehouse with all of the scale models (bigatures they dubbed them I believe) burned down.
  I do not know if it is just me but I felt that Martin Freeman was a little too tame as Bilbo, he was not as bubbly or got as worked up over things. Then again, I cannot think of many other actors who could play Bilbo.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:02:14 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]