Author Topic: NW Community Grievances  (Read 28368 times)

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde ImpĂ©riale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
  • Side: Union
Re: NW Community Grievances Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2013, 11:44:45 pm »
I look at everything negatively for the simple reasoning, if things already look bleak they can only get better, Negativity for the sake of a positive spin on the reposte which is what I am looking for, so what i'm looking for instead of an attack on me is a positive comment or something that reflects something going right.
What goes around comes around, Kator.

I'm not asking that they get server or admin privilages, what i'm doing is trying to show that they are no higher or have anything more than they already had apart from information, the problem is none of that information is being shared nor do the rest of the community actually know what the policies are considering there are no links on the FSE site nor the forums. So this added policy could really be anything, the community will not know or does know the current policies in place ... if there are policies in the first place (Which evidence points to there not being apart from the standard forum agreement with a tick box, and yes I did read it).
As said above:
Could there be the possibility of a sort of "Bulletin Board" to be used to keep the community up-to-date with all the happenings surrounding the CommReps and the forum in general? Just a place for the forum mods or even an appointed CommRep to post approved updates, whether they be big or small, general or specific.
Pretty much that exact idea has already been raised, and at present the com reps (and us fse reps) are working out the details of what we'll be releasing and in what format. Give it a week and it should be fully implemented

You'll get your info, don't worry.

Kielbasa!

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Community Grievances
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2013, 12:48:46 am »
Thanks for the info Blob, much appreciated, I will wait a month to see how far things have moved.

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2013, 02:07:07 am »
Just so it is said here, and without naming any names, someone here believes that they simply got this moving because they made a negative, almost sarcastic comment about the transparency of NW reps, there is a discussion which has been going on for 2 weeks in regards to such a board being created. It's basically entirely wrapped up, and is in the process of finalization.

Offline Dasvi2018

• Second Lieutenant
  • Beware of the Greek Moustache
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2013, 07:14:42 am »
I have a question to the Community Reps. Will community contests still be allowed or not? If yes,then tell us how strict the rules will be
Quote from: Adam Jensen
If you want to make enemies..try to change something
Quote from: Stalin
The loss of 1 man is a tragedy,the loss of 5 million..is a statistic

Offline Ian

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Rash Admins on US 1
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2013, 09:14:53 am »
Within a 24-hour time period I have been mistreated by the two different administrators for harmlessly playing the game. My argument lacks considerable evidence because I'm currently playing on a MacBook Pro at school, where my copy of Warband had to be ported and thus doesn't run through Steam. I however ask that you take my word in considering I have never had a problem with rule-breaking on the US 1 server in the past.

Yesterday, February 16, 2013 I was slain as the last player of my team against 2 others with 2 full minutes left in the round as I began to make my way to the players.

Today, February 17, 2013, I began to type a message at the spawn on the Arabian Port map and managed to fall out of the map (I believe there is a small gap between two buildings that a player can easily run through; I was running diagonally while typing a message asking about why the Arabian Port is now in the Night setting). As soon as I fell, I immediately request assistance, but there was no answer. I repeatedly asked for help but there was no answer. My team began to lose, and I was becoming more and more nervous that it would seem like I'm trying to delay the game. I checked the scoreboard to see that the administrator Getty was on my team (Austria), and at that moment he warned another player for teamwounding and then threatened to ban me for leaving the map.

In all my time playing this module I have never been threatened by admins for my behavior on the US 1 server, and yet within a week I have been threatened 3 times. This third incident occurred earlier this week when I was fist-fighting a teammate when the round was nearly completed. The reason for my warning was "teamwounding", when our fight was clearly mutual fun.

The admins are rash and power-crazed, and while I do not want them deposed, I want someone to get through to this new team and calm them down.

Thanks,
Nr14_Oblt_Ian

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2013, 09:26:43 am »
I don't believe this is the right thread to post that, Ian.

Offline Ian

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2013, 09:40:05 am »
1) This thread is for community concerns.

That means that when you post, it shouldn't be something like "When is the next patch coming out?" or anything of that ilk. It should be relevant to the well-being of the NW Community, and something which affects the players themselves.

5) Don't post anything that is offensive, malicious, or hawkish.

Don't simply post "I want this admin investigated for crimes against humanity!" simply because you were banned from a server because you killed 17 teammates with explosives. If you do really want an admin investigated, and it's for a legitimate reason, then I would hope you can post it here, but try to keep everything civil.

I believe the admins and their actions affect the well-being of the community, and I did not post anything malicious.

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
Re: Rash Admins on US 1
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2013, 09:55:42 am »
I was gonna post some gigantic defense response to Ian's complaint, but yeah...this is not the place for this post. 

Admin complaints go to Deo via personal message.  At the very least post it under a new thread. 

Putting this here will only start a giant argument, with in-game admins defending what happened without all the evidence, because you are calling them rash and power-crazed so they'll feel obligated to respond, sidetracking the reason for the thread.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:59:09 am by Thundersnow »

Offline Ian

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2013, 10:14:23 am »
The title and original post of this thread both say otherwise.

As FSE has decided to create a brand new branch of the administration, The Community Representatives, I think it is very, very important we have a single place to focus all of our worries and frustrations that can be checked on a daily basis. Hopefully this thread will be just that.

Without bringing in a crapload of detail, the purpose of this thread is very simple: If you have a grievance, question, concern, witty joke, or anything of those lines, please post it here. I'm going to be checking this thread as much as I possibly can, which hopefully means daily.

Don't simply post "I want this admin investigated for crimes against humanity!" simply because you were banned from a server because you killed 17 teammates with explosives. If you do really want an admin investigated, and it's for a legitimate reason, then I would hope you can post it here, but try to keep everything civil.

If that's true that admin complaints go to Deo's personal messages, then point 5 should clearly state otherwise. I will also send my post to Deo regardless, but my message here will remain otherwise unaltered for everyone to see. This is ridiculous enough that I have to jump through so many hoops just to tell the community representatives that their admins are going overboard.

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2013, 10:22:20 am »
Ian lad, be reasonable. The admins aren't the Community Representatives problem as a primary thing, rather they are Deofuta's.

Offline Ian

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2013, 10:35:52 am »
I posted this to the appropriate thread and within the original post's guidelines as opposed to making an individual thread. I've now sent a private message to Deofuta with the exact post I posted here. I've been perfectly reasonable.

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2013, 10:38:09 am »
The title and original post of this thread both say otherwise.

As FSE has decided to create a brand new branch of the administration, The Community Representatives, I think it is very, very important we have a single place to focus all of our worries and frustrations that can be checked on a daily basis. Hopefully this thread will be just that.

Without bringing in a crapload of detail, the purpose of this thread is very simple: If you have a grievance, question, concern, witty joke, or anything of those lines, please post it here. I'm going to be checking this thread as much as I possibly can, which hopefully means daily.

If that's true that admin complaints go to Deo's personal messages, then point 5 should clearly state otherwise. I will also send my post to Deo regardless, but my message here will remain otherwise unaltered for everyone to see. This is ridiculous enough that I have to jump through so many hoops just to tell the community representatives that their admins are going overboard.
You act like it was such a burden to read the bans/unbans section to find out about complaints. Posting here, then trying to act like you're the victim of a poor system isn't going to get you far.

Offline Ian

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2013, 10:54:20 am »
You're really over-thinking this, Windbusche. As soon as this incident occurred, I told Getty I was taking this to the forums. I made my account and went to the Community section. I wrote this post as a separate thread, but decided to check if there was a better place to put this. NW Community Grievances was the first thing that caught my eye as a good place to post.

Good forums have the foresight to link to other threads where complaints about poor admins are better received, but I guess I am asking for too much.

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2013, 10:57:41 am »
Typically when you have a trouble with an admin on a server, I feel 'Servers' would catch your eye first, over Community, obviously I was mistaken.

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2013, 11:06:35 am »
You act like it was such a burden to read the bans/unbans section to find out about complaints. Posting here, then trying to act like you're the victim of a poor system isn't going to get you far.

As far as I can tell from his posts he has not BEEN banned, thus placing it in the Ban/Unban section would be equally "out of place".

I fully believe he has come to the correct place (The community representatives) if he believes the admins are in general behaving unfairly on NA1.
Even if all we do is forward him on to the correct place in this specific case due to lack of any evidence he is still right to come to a Rep as we can give him that correct information without any chance of "random people" providing him false information (Not saying you have in this case Windbusche but even you can see how that would be entirely possible in this forum).

Ian, as I mentioned above without any evidence what so ever there is very little anyone can do in this instance without a huge amount of Log file trawling. In future I would recommend at least noting the time incidents happen so the logs can be checked more easily should that action be deemed necessary.
If you continue to experience what you feel is unacceptable behaviour then collect your evidence and contact one of the community reps directly via PM's (In your case I would recommend one of the NA community reps as they are likely to have a better grasp of that server).